Team: Paradox
Main: Solasu Aesir
Level: 500

Post Planets spawn but don't orbit on the client
Planets in the Academy mission area frequently spawn on first entrance (and occasionally afterward) so they aren’t orbiting on the client, they are stationary. This means you can be on top of the planet with the client only showing 20px difference and the server will constantly say you’re too far away to scan. A /f, logout/login, or client restart seems to fix this but when you’re constantly going back and forth for the missions it can mean needing to do this several times in an hour. I’ve seen it in other areas on Paxian missions and just scanning random planets but the Academy seems to be the most consistent for it for some reason (maybe least likely to have had a person in it recently?).

Custom DGs, the ones with their own map layer and usually a set of missions, seem to be the most frequent places for this bug to trigger but I've never been able to do it in a reproducible way, only make it more likely.

Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:33 pm
Team: Paradox
Main: Solasu Aesir
Level: 500

Post Re: Planets spawn but don't orbit on the client
Alpha Research Station in Inferno (Infernal Tempest off Lavanite) also almost always displays this bug.

Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:29 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Planets spawn but don't orbit on the client
I believe it's a problem with orbiting stuff in instances.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:44 am