Team: Eminence Front
Main: thebattler36
Level: 2015

Post Mission: Whiskey Outpost!
The Whiskey Outpost Commander AI despawns during this mission.

I think it despawns when the cadet reinforcements spawn.

*Edit* Nope don't know why but it disappeared twice on me. Third time I managed to kite it out and kill it.

I think the AI in there have a bit too much shields, I had to kite him out 26k before he died with starter weps and the mini-mass driver.

Also the Volcoms' team might need to be changed as they were hostile when I warped in on them.

It's a bit difficult for new players to do. the only way to really complete the mission especially with volcom aggro is to kite the AI which they might not know how to do.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:38 am
Team: Olympus
Main: Calypso
Level: 1800

Location: Scranton, PA, USA, Earth, Sol, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe, Multiverse
Post Re: Mission: Whiskey Outpost!
I'm going to be looking into this more since it seems to be a big thorn in a lot of sides.

Right now it seems the best thing to do is nerf the AI damage a LOT and nerf the shields a bit too. Any other suggestions?

Calypso

Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:18 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: thebattler36
Level: 2015

Calypso wrote:
I'm going to be looking into this more since it seems to be a big thorn in a lot of sides.

Right now it seems the best thing to do is nerf the AI damage a LOT and nerf the shields a bit too. Any other suggestions?

Calypso

not sure if its just me but the level 15 paximinuses take way too long for me to kill.

~4-5 minutes for me to get one to half then I banked out and could only keep it at about half.

Although I was in a wingship. Ganglinite Magcannon, Hotfusion at the time.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:48 pm
Team: Zero Gravity
Main: Nessiah Redemption
Level: 1112

Volcom Commander keeps despawning when you fight him. Tried kiting him out, he despawned after I got him to about half health.

Ware wa messiah nari!

Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:05 pm
Main: Fragmaster2
Level: 379

Calypso wrote:

Calypso

Big issue with this mission that's occurring tonight, it's not just the strength of the AI individually, but rather:

Fragmaster wrote:

There are around 10 volcoms (maybe 11) and the cadets spawn one at a time - the result is any EF player trying to play the mission gets annihilated within a matter of seconds, because as soon as the cadets spawn they are wiped out by the volcoms.

As soon as a player goes in, there are no cadets there to spread the fire (since they never have chance to accumulate) and help, and 10 volcoms all swarm you and can easily drop 4k shields in a matter of seconds.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:48 pm
Team: Olympus
Main: Calypso
Level: 1800

Location: Scranton, PA, USA, Earth, Sol, Orion Spur, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe, Multiverse
Ok, I'll keep this in mind too as I balance the place -- it might take a bit of work to get it just right since this didn't ever come in up in any of our Alpha testing of this mission.

Calypso

Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:40 pm
Main: Fragmaster2
Level: 379

It resolved after I went back for a while; but for all I know it could happen again if something just goes slightly wrong for the cadet AI. Might be a random potential problem.

Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:41 pm
Team: Mindfactory
Main: Srg Ion
Level: 89

i love it it seems fine but he does still despawn...along with WAY overpowered shields and weaponsim lvl 15 with llvl 3 weapons and shield 2 energy and i still cannot take that much damage....

Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:25 pm