Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Skyfyre
Level: 2483

Post Rate of fire hard cap much lower in SS2 compared to SS1
Extremely high rate of fire is how the speed demon class gets a lot of their dps, and it is currently not working as it did in star sonata 1. When I fire my jiji qu in the exact same setup I ran in SS 1, I am at positive energy, and my Rate of Fire is much much lower, at only about 2-3 shots per second. I should be doing a constant 5 shots per second and have a slight energy deficit, draining my energy bank over time. I get this while running the game at 60 frames per second. I should be able to push this weapon to do much more damage as it's one of my primary weapons but the client itself seems to have a hard capped rate of fire MUCH lower than SS1 of about 2-3 shots per second. SS1 hard cap for recoil delay was at 0.16, whereas SS2 seems to have it as high as 0.33 or 0.5...

If the Rate of Fire stays as it is, it will completely destroy a lot of speed demon setups and reduce the damage potential of the class as a whole, in addition to causing lower damage for any class or ship that relies on a high rate of fire. This is a critical bug that needs to be addressed as soon as possible.

Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:24 am