Team: Zygort Traders
Main: MisterMister
Level: 3943

Post Here's 12 bugs for the new year !
1 - Bases seem to prefer to use mags in some instances over a much higher damage laser. I have mags for 'enemies' at long range. Achi Mag opposed to Achi Laz0r Z .. enemy was WELL within range of both pulse and Laser yet it decided to use mag. Priorities people!

2 - Right clicking to open inventory usually renders actions on that ship useless when docked and being ON that ship selected, for example transfering items or repairing gear simply doesn't work. Have to press F12 to open the ships inventory at times for transfering to work.

3 - Autopilot on high agility ships, for example an ancient scoutship, is a complete farce. Fish tailing behaviour shall not be tolerated!

4 - Upon 'yellowification' of stasis'd ships, they seem to stand upright and twirl around. Do explain why this has happened, if it was intentional it looks ridiculous.

5 - If a slave is constantly docking and undocking, either due to a bug or something, it can be EXTREMELY difficult to select it and change it's orders, wondering if this design can be modified so that slave orders can be adjusted regardless of if they are docked or not. Unless i'm missing something and this is already possible?

6 - Upon booting someone from a team some of their bases become UNOWNED, and trade slaves seem to poof into stasis ( bases didn't kill them as there were no enemies )

Perhaps exploitable but the 'reward' incentive doesn't seem to exist. Haven't seen or heard from any devmins handing seals out.

7 - Upon alting I STILL have to click the login at least twice, first cancels 'nothing' since auto re-log in doesn't happen any more, and the second one logs you in again.

8 - Although the autodocking feature seems quite handy, docking through this seems to take hours, I've seen my ship go down to it's max docking speed and this feature takes a while to 'realise' this, so I tend to just manually press 'r'.

9 - In my opinion, even though it doesn't severely affect my playing, the inbuilt 'super items' being the missile and forcefield thing tend to be used too often on the copper ai. Might be worth a little nerf, just an itty bitty one.

10 - Regen on Prince, again this might just be me, but in C1 on a SD I used to be able to dps prince with ease, now I can't even scratch him. Has he got a beef? May have been a few moons ago, I know a few people who have struggled with him.

11 - Upon successfully clicking on an order for a slave, the box with the order, for example 'Give Money' remains.

12 - You HOPEFULLY already know this, but upon death the spirit / pod continues on. Fix this now.

PS - more of a suggestion but whatever happened to RoF with C2 .. I don't like it.

Happy New Year

Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:24 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: number666.5
Level: 8923

Post Re: Here's 12 bugs for the new year !
Gibster wrote:
1 - Bases seem to prefer to use mags in some instances over a much higher damage laser. I have mags for 'enemies' at long range. Achi Mag opposed to Achi Laz0r Z .. enemy was WELL within range of both pulse and Laser yet it decided to use mag. Priorities people!
resist?
2 - Right clicking to open inventory usually renders actions on that ship useless when docked and being ON that ship selected, for example transfering items or repairing gear simply doesn't work. Have to press F12 to open the ships inventory at times for transfering to work.
you use half screen? it might be that the inventory apears outside of screen then
5 - If a slave is constantly docking and undocking, either due to a bug or something, it can be EXTREMELY difficult to select it and change it's orders, wondering if this design can be modified so that slave orders can be adjusted regardless of if they are docked or not. Unless i'm missing something and this is already possible?
spam /reset slaves till they follow
8 - Although the autodocking feature seems quite handy, docking through this seems to take hours, I've seen my ship go down to it's max docking speed and this feature takes a while to 'realise' this, so I tend to just manually press 'r'.
server delay and moving bases dont make things simple
10 - Regen on Prince, again this might just be me, but in C1 on a SD I used to be able to dps prince with ease, now I can't even scratch him. Has he got a beef? May have been a few moons ago, I know a few people who have struggled with him.
i didnt had any problem with him, should just be you
PS - more of a suggestion but whatever happened to RoF with C2 .. I don't like it.
RoF is nothing wrong with
Happy New Year
same to you

Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:01 am
Team: Traders
Main: the speed of dark
Level: 2833

Most of these aren't bugs, but rather complaints. The RoF issue was discussed in another thread long ago which you easily could've searched for. It was bugged for 2 weeks or so but has since been fixed so ai RoF is same exact as it was in c1.

As for #5, I heartily agree. There's slight delay in the X menu popping up that makes stopping their cycle difficult. But, as pointed out, /resetslaves is easy enough. #1 seems pretty obvious to be a resist issue.

Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:44 pm
Main: Dindu Nuffin
Level: 3522

Every ai über in game has been given a slight beef

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:24 pm

Achi Z laser in my opinion should out DPS a mag any day ..

Regardless of resists, mostly it's just a 10% difference i'd say.

2 - No full screen, if you right click and 'open inventory' on your ship, sometimes you can't transfer stuff over, repair stuff anything, until you press F12 to bring up the inventory. Also multiple inventory's keep appearing when it fails etc.

5 - I don't want to /reset all slaves mining, trading etc just to fix 1 lil bugged bastard. That is just obsurd.

10 - I know a few people who have had issues, it's not just me.

Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:41 pm
Main: number666.5
Level: 8923

Gibster wrote:
Achi Z laser in my opinion should out DPS a mag any day ..
Regardless of resists, mostly it's just a 10% difference i'd say.

2 - No full screen, if you right click and 'open inventory' on your ship, sometimes you can't transfer stuff over, repair stuff anything, until you press F12 to bring up the inventory. Also multiple inventory's keep appearing when it fails etc.

5 - I don't want to /reset all slaves mining, trading etc just to fix 1 lil bugged bastard. That is just obsurd.

10 - I know a few people who have had issues, it's not just me.

1. achi laser Z: 727 DPS, achi mag cannon: 980 DPS, achi pulse gun: 1424 DPS, anni and ada cannons are more DPS then the achi cannon, means your statement is false.
most AI dont have more then 25% more resist to energy then to surgical

2. thats jsut weird then, never seen it before

5. you got a point there might need some fix but its still not a bug

paxiprime wrote:
Every ai über in game has been given a slight beef

Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:23 pm

If you press i to open inventory instead of right click opening it, there's no issue. All I know. Though it still should be fixed.

Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:09 pm
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

Quote:
6 - Upon booting someone from a team some of their bases become UNOWNED, and trade slaves seem to poof into stasis ( bases didn't kill them as there were no enemies )

That was intended. Bases not on the team that owns the galaxy are "cut off from HQ" and go unowned. This means more reward from attacking gals, and more incentive to prevent losing the gal in the first place.

Used to be that a SS and Sing Brake, minus the loss of maybe 15gg, could pack up a gal that was killed by an enemy when they're busy with an attack on their place, or when they're on a run, or when they're offline.

Therefore, the killing of a galaxy didn't produce enough of results to make teams fight to take them out if they could not capture the bases.

Say Aero attacks Aidelon. Aero kills a gal that had 2 sets of Ada gear in the bases. Aidelon would just pack the gear when you guys go offline. You killed 2 T20 kits, good job. They're like 100m a pop. You spent 14 hours dealing maybe 2b total damage. On the other hand, Aidelon surrounds Aero space with bases and now no Aero can leave their gals unless they want to lose 100m each person.

Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:17 pm

That makes no sense whatsoever.

1 T20 ada production base filled with gear and stuff building etc, packed with commods.

You boot that player from the team, you dock at that base and it's now yours.

That is completely ridiculous.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:54 pm

Gibster wrote:
That makes no sense whatsoever.

1 T20 ada production base filled with gear and stuff building etc, packed with commods.

You boot that player from the team, you dock at that base and it's now yours.

That is completely ridiculous.

t20 bases take several days to allow people who are not the owner to reclaim it. If you take their galaxy, the base is yours if they can't retake it. Seems like piracy at it's finest and if you disagree, well...

Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:32 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

wrong, the dead kit goes completely abandoned once the enemy owns your gal. You lose everything in one go

its a horrible mechanic, to which some teams exploit extensively.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:49 pm
Profile WWW

sabre198 wrote:
wrong, the dead kit goes completely abandoned once the enemy owns your gal. You lose everything in one go

I didn't know that, and wait the enemy can own a galaxy with a not yet abandoned kit in it? you sure? If so that's way overpowered. You should be given that time to try to retake your galaxy.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:43 pm
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

a jedi master wrote:
sabre198 wrote:

I didn't know that, and wait the enemy can own a galaxy with a not yet abandoned kit in it? you sure? If so that's way overpowered. You should be given that time to try to retake your galaxy.

Legion did that to me last uni. Attacked the defending kit, killed it, dropped their OP. Then the owned the gal and stripped my ex-base.

Reasoning: The base attacked Ashta(after Ashta attacked it in the first place)

But reasons aside, because they had 2 snipers and a SD, plus Ashta and Goett, they just sped up the capture process(since they'd never rad the healing kit)

Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:23 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

yes the enemy pvp's your gal, once all bases are dead, they drop outpost, all dead bases in gal are thiers. They strip, demo, then demo thier outpost. then they move, like locust to the next galaxy and repeat ad nauseum.

it seems a cool mechanic from a position of strength but one day, out of the blue, a pirate team will rock up to your gal on a sunday night when all you team is asleep for work/school and by the time everyone wakes up they own nothing nor any contents..

for god sakes don't think ur base contents are safe in any way like they used to be.

Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:50 am
Profile WWW

sabre198 wrote:
yes the enemy pvp's your gal, once all bases are dead, they drop outpost, all dead bases in gal are thiers. They strip, demo, then demo thier outpost. then they move, like locust to the next galaxy and repeat ad nauseum.

it seems a cool mechanic from a position of strength but one day, out of the blue, a pirate team will rock up to your gal on a sunday night when all you team is asleep for work/school and by the time everyone wakes up they own nothing nor any contents..

for god sakes don't think ur base contents are safe in any way like they used to be.

LOL locusts. There needs to be a 1 day timer for outpost then. Suggestion forum ftw.

Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:51 am