Main: Aubrik
Level: 10

Post Multiple Crashes Whenever I Attempt Undead Jey
So I've sent in many dmp files for this, mainly the one time I did him with a friend, and both of our clients were crashing every 3-4 minutes, and it happened 6+ times (yes, we were both putting out low DPS). I did it two other times, again with friends and their clients crashed with mine. I think it did have to do with how much was happening in the galaxy, though I can't say there was more happening in that galaxy than there was in any other, but our clients would either crash every time an AI died, or I'd get a quick second of client lag.

I had a couple of crashes in Code Herder some months ago like in Jey, but I didn't think anything about it and didn't send those dmps

Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:58 pm
Main: The Vert
Level: 60

Post Re: Multiple Crashes Whenever I Attempt Undead Jey
Thank you for the report :) There is very little we can do about this other than wait for Jey to fix it based on the crash dumps he receives, but thank you for the report nontheless :)

Please check these Bug report guidelines before you make your first bug report, or if you are uncertain on how to do it.

Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:39 pm

The Vert wrote:
Thank you for the report :) There is very little we can do about this other than wait for Jey to fix it based on the crash dumps he receives, but thank you for the report nonetheless :)

Ok, that's fair. But...
Today, I uninstalled SS and re-installed it for the second time, even though the first time didn't change my crashing problems. Now...
I crash 3 seconds after being logged onto a character. Doesn't matter which one, or what I do anymore, 3 seconds every time. Because I don't believe that acting pissy (feeling that way is another issue when I think of the extreme lack of private communication between PLAYER SUPPORT and the paying customers) or making a fuss is the most constructive way to get things done, I'm going to ask, plead, beg (ok, you get it) of you (or another member of staff) what I think is reasonable; to be given updates on this since I can't do anything until Jey reads the dmps, and whatever needs to be fixed is fixed.
Until then, I'll be unsubbed while I see what the fuss is with ES Online.
Thank you.

Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:00 pm

If you are experiencing client crashes every 3 seconds after you log in, and that makes you unable to play the game, then of course I will make sure to forward those issues to all the game administrators so they are aware of your issues and so that they can give you the support you deserve to make your game play experience reach an acceptable level :)

I am bringing this up in our daily scrum today, which is in roughly 9 hours and 30 minutes from when I have made this post :)

Until then, I know that some other administrators than Jey might have experience with this as well, so I will be asking those for help when they log on, which should be in 2 hours from now :)

Please check these Bug report guidelines before you make your first bug report, or if you are uncertain on how to do it.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:38 am
Team: Star Wars
Main: Peter_The_Puller
Level: 804

Also Jey was having me track down a few of my crashes and he related it back to my graphics card and the game using an unsupported call to it. Changing a few of the graphics settings stopped most of my problems (Most notably was turning off antialiasing) But try changing some graphics settings if you can.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:38 am
Profile WWW

The Vert wrote:
If you are experiencing client crashes every 3 seconds after you log in, and that makes you unable to play the game, then of course I will make sure to forward those issues to all the game administrators so they are aware of your issues and so that they can give you the support you deserve to make your game play experience reach an acceptable level :)

I am bringing this up in our daily scrum today, which is in roughly 9 hours and 30 minutes from when I have made this post :)

Until then, I know that some other administrators than Jey might have experience with this as well, so I will be asking those for help when they log on, which should be in 2 hours from now :)

Thank you. Jey worked with me all morning and he believes he finally found what was causing my crashes, though I don't really know what any of it means but I'm happy nonetheless.

Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:22 am

Glad to hear that things are looking better for your situation :) If you ever find yourself in a similar situation then don't hesitate to contact me through a forum PM and I will reply within a few hours normally :)

Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:37 pm