Main: Reaver
Level: 3488

Post Drones not firing while in range
Awhile back someone complained their drones were wasting energy when they can hit with one weapon while the ai is flying out of range. The fix was added that if the ai is flying away from the drone faster than its shots can fly it wont shoot the weapon it cant hit with. This works fines on drones like fernos(when fighting non only fire vuln targets) and bfds. However drones like Chids, which mine have around 3k range. Dont fire at a target that is 500 away and will be coming back because for now the drone cannot hit, at least as far as it knows. So can we please fix this "bug" with the fix that was put in for drones to not waste elec.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:22 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Drones not firing while in range
The fix should be revised so that the drone will prefer instant-hit weapons if the AI is receding too fast, but will still fire pulses if they have no other viable weapon choices.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:33 am