Team: Inert witty name here
Main: Sk1rm1sh
Level: 2032

Post Opening storage ship causes persistent lag
Just to start off, i'm using SSlauncher to avoid constant 1249 disconnect errors and didn't have this problem before but I know someone else who isn't using SSlauncher and is having the same problem.

Opening the inventory of a thatch full of gear bumps ASD from ~300 up to 5-8k until the client is closed and a new one opened. Mauls tend tend to have the same effect.

I could leave the client open for as long as I like, the ASD doesn't go down. It doesn't netlag kick or anything, at least from the clients perspective although I think sometimes given enough time it's logged the character out from everyone else's point of view.

Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:30 am
Main: Richard Posterior
Level: 6

Post Re: Opening storage ship causes persistent lag
Do you have decayables in that ship? I've noticed if I keep anything that can decay in my main storage SS, every time one decays I freeze for a good 5-10 seconds while it refreshes my inventory.

Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:27 pm

No, it's happening on a thatch that just has ship gear, tweaks and crates. Once I open inventory I have to load up a fresh client. /f does nothing to reduce the delay.

Also the mauls thing... they could have stopped firing 10 minutes ago and the ASD would still float around 5,000

Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:30 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Zalistar
Level: 7256

Greetings...

I have the same problem currently with a Gelato, but it started when using a Behe+. Transferred everything from the Behe to the gelato when it First became noticable, and don't use it anymore.

Doesn't matter how much stuff is in it, or what type. it's because it's the second ship in the base list. Doesn't happen to any other ship even IF it's got more stuff. But it will continue to happen to THAT ship once it starts. Maybe related to the mysterious and incompetently bizarre behavior of the client always picking the Second ship in the ship list as the next current ship when launching a slave of any kind. That kind of incompetence is normally done on purpose...

Problem: use open inventory to open the 2nd ship in the list of ships in my base. The game freezes for about 12 seconds (the length of freeze doesn't seem to be dependent on how much stuff is in it. Once the client "recovers" and you can search and move stuff - good luck getting out of the station - massive lag. forced to relog to clear the lag.

As time goes by - the problem only ever gets worse, never better. It got progressively worse while packing the base up for uni reset - but now it gets worse as I UNPACK it. One would think that if the amount of stuff was what was effecting it then unpacking would tend to lessen the problem, but it doesn't. Problem seems to get progressively worse with USE, not amounts.

As is typical of the incompetence of the code - no doubt once I get it unpacked, i'll have to scrap that gelato once it's empty, and buy another to replace it. Just like the mysterious "we don't even know what's going on and can't explain why it's happening" problem I had with a Constable some many moons ago...

Oh and it doesn't matter WHERE - happens in either AI station, or player base - and always with THAT specific Gelato now that it's been "Infected" with lag's disease. The order in the ship list no longer matters - My guess is that the 2nd ship in the list get's diseased, and once infected - stays infected.

Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:56 pm

Naw, I got it on 2 ships on the same character.

Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:00 pm