Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: Danger
Level: 7164

Post Base Overchargers
I have noticed that bases don't count in the effect for tweaks. They are inputted into the systems but the only thing that is affected is range.
A base with an Volatile Projectile Overcharger will get the +100% range, but the base will not count that into effect of it's own range.
I had kits that has ~9.8k range with a laser, but when the Overchargers were used they still had ~9.8k range instead of maxed 10k range.

Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:52 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Post Re: Base Overchargers
Danger wrote:
I have noticed that bases don't count in the effect for tweaks. They are inputted into the systems but the only thing that is affected is range.
A base with an Volatile Projectile Overcharger will get the +100% range, but the base will not count that into effect of it's own range.
I had kits that has ~9.8k range with a laser, but when the Overchargers were used they still had ~9.8k range instead of maxed 10k range.

I also haven't noticed the + projectile speed doing anything on bases.

Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:22 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Danger wrote:

What does this mean.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:00 am

What it means is, it will only shoot it's weapons at its range before the tweaks, but it will have the range with the tweaks.
Kit with a pulse gun that has 2.1k range will only shoot at 2.1k range, but the pulses will travel further than 2.1k.

Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:24 am
over 9000!

Ok, I gotcha and I was already aware of this. There's a clever workaround that won't affect your DPS at all, though. ;)

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:50 am

The problem isn't dps cause that works fine, its the range that is affected cause the base won't shoot at its real range.

Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:24 am
over 9000!

Let me guess, you are testing this by marking enemies at certain ranges. I've gotten bases to shoot at their real range just fine. They won't initially pop the superitem and fire unless the target is in their vanilla range, but once they do get the tweak they'll use their range to the fullest extent.

Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:58 am

Well, I did have 2 bases at pulsing range, pulled it back a few 100 distance, poped the tweak and it didn't shoot.

Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:07 am
over 9000!

You mean you manually activated the superitem while it was equipped to the base? I'm not sure that works…

Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:18 am

Well, the base can use it, or you can do it yourself. But regardless of base or owner, its range didn't improve, but when I put someone closer to the kit, it pulsed and the pulses went pass the other base. This test was done last uni and I will do another test tonight when I get home.

Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:37 am
over 9000!

I confirmed through testing this uni that beams get the bonus range. I can't recall whether I tested projectiles but I suppose it's possible that the range aura is bugged for projectiles but not beams. But I'm a bit skeptical about your test results since you are claiming that the range aura doesn't work for either kind, which in the case of beams is contradicted by my own testing.

Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:53 am

Well, I'm not 100% about beam weapons, but I know projectiles don't. With the beam test the overcharges might not have been poped on the base I was looking at cause it was during a BvB.

Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:57 am