Team: Traders
Main: Kyp
Level: 3482

Post Cloaking 22 Boss
Periodically the cloaking boss goes into the mode where he picks some target and goes invincible untill that thing gets its vis below some threshold. When he enters this mode, it says in event chat who the target is and he focuses fire on that thing. But if that thing dies or warps out or is scooped (drone), he goes crazy, starts shooting people at random and there is no clear way to tell who he wants to drop their vis. It is unclear to me if it is even possible at this point to progress, but at best it is unreasonably difficult.

Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:08 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: Danger
Level: 7164

Post Re: Cloaking 22 Boss
When he is in that mode, make 1 person under said visibility, and once the boss targets that person he'll go out of the mode.

Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:13 pm
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Danger wrote:
When he is in that mode, make 1 person under said visibility, and once the boss targets that person he'll go out of the mode.

Thank you captain obvious. That's not the point he's trying to get across.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:52 am

Nononono I mean, 1 random person cause he changes his aggro randomly and when he targets anyone who is under that visibility he'll go out of invincibility mode.

Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:48 am
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Danger wrote:
Nononono I mean, 1 random person cause he changes his aggro randomly and when he targets anyone who is under that visibility he'll go out of invincibility mode.

You still don't seem to understand :P

The problem is that when he targets that 1 random person that needs to decrease his visibility to a certain point and that person DIES, there is no way to tell what next target he wants to decrease in visibility and just remains in invincibillity mode for the rest of the fight and spawning guards. You can't kill him once the person that is supposed to have his visibility reduced dies and it's a stupid mechanic :roll:

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:12 am

I understand what you are saying, and i've gotten around it cause when that person/thing is dead/gone he targets people at random, and if he targets someone below the said visibility it would be the same as if the person/thing he said was below said visability.

Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:34 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Still obviously a bug, even if there is a workaround. And your workaround doesn't seem so great since you could be waiting for ages until he targets someone who's low vis.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:55 am
Team: Traders
Main: Kyp
Level: 3482

Your workaround would require that the squad have someone who can defeat the vis challenge without any aid (tweaks/clouds) and usually my squads dont have that. I guess we could drag a seer along exclusively for that purpose but wow what a weird way to do it.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:45 am
Main: The Vert
Level: 60

The first step towards fixing this was to make sure he didn't target fighters, missiles and drones. That change has been committed, and needs testing before it can go live :) However, it strikes me as odd that he doesn't select a new target when his original target dies, because I believe I read a piece of coding that said he was meant to do exactly that. I'll look it up later, and see if I can find out what might be up with it :)

Please check these Bug report guidelines before you make your first bug report, or if you are uncertain on how to do it.

Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:38 am
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

The Vert wrote:
I believe I read a piece of coding that said he was meant to do exactly that. I'll look it up later, and see if I can find out what might be up with it :)

Pretty sure this was working when I last fought him. It just takes a little time before kicking in, which I don't think is particularly unreasonable.

Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:26 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

The Vert wrote:
The first step towards fixing this was to make sure he didn't target fighters, missiles and drones. That change has been committed, and needs testing before it can go live :) However, it strikes me as odd that he doesn't select a new target when his original target dies, because I believe I read a piece of coding that said he was meant to do exactly that. I'll look it up later, and see if I can find out what might be up with it :)

I don't really like that he targets Slaves. Not sure if anything says that has to be a thing. Yea you can get them to stealth, but some slaves don't have cloaks or are just high vis and you can't force that to work all the time. We had to rely on the "leave the galaxy" bug thing a few times on runs because the slave simply wouldn't stealth enough for the ai to lose sight.

Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:38 am