Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Zalistar
Level: 7256

Post Constant Event spam of Rotting Prom and Enriched Nukes
Greetings...

My event chat constantly spams - Decay of # Proms and Decay of # Enriched Nukes - as if I were in a ship loaded with it...

Doesn't matter what ship, doesn't matter if I'm docked or undocked. It is only 1 of 3 characters on this account. None of the other characters on the same account show it.

The ONLY prom and enriched nukes are on a storage Freighter (freezer) and it's NOT rotting - moving 1 from the freighter to my station shows just one moved.

None in the station - and that doesn't show in events anyway...

This makes event chat unusable - as the messages fly by so fast that nothing can be noticed. This makes prospecting - seeing the status of ownership and protection of systems and other important messages impossible to read. Scrolling up to read it - makes it virtually Impossible to then scroll back down - as the number of lines continues to add up at the rate of about 4 per second or so...

Event shat is now USELESS - and there is No source.

Thu May 14, 2015 12:28 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: Danger
Level: 7164

Post Re: Constant Event spam of Rotting Prom and Enriched Nukes
Could you have prom/E-Nukes in your TSL/Storage? or in a dead ship? Otherwise I'm not sure.

Thu May 14, 2015 12:56 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Zalistar
Level: 7256

Post Re: Constant Event spam of Rotting Prom and Enriched Nukes
Greetings...

Good News Everyone!

Apparently it's NOT a bug. It's actually another undocumented "feature"!! A player "AID"!!!

A storage freighter got ejected from a destroyed production base and in the spirit of SS programming philosophy, as long as you have good intentions (you know, that stuff that paves the road to hell) it's perfectly fine to flagrantly and arbitrarily violate the game mechanics in the worst, most confusing, way possible!!

So - Now we know - an ejected ship which you cannot RE-enter, and MUST tow at hideous expense - ROTS it's perishable commodities as if YOU WERE piloting it.

Now combine that with the fact of NO notification as to WHERE or WHAT ship this is happening to - (it's NOT a slave, and technically NOT in stasis, which is WHY you MUST tow; Possessions lists as SHIP in the EXACT same way as any other docked ship in the system) - and you have the fulfillment of the SS2 Programming Credo!

- The law of unintended consequences! :D

You know - like vacuum scoops resulting in - NO Vacuum scoops and ANY scoop being disabled after 30 seconds for NO REASON:

- result: Scooping a lot of loot - just became a miserable inconvenience instead of a joyous celebration. - you've got to hand it to OUR dev's - they have mastered the art of inconvenience!

Not being a torturer of small animals, fire starter, or playground bully in my youth - the thought processes that lead to this kind of sadistic design - are, well, somewhat alien to me, so I must beg your forgiveness if it seems I may have panicked somewhat in my ignorance.

I would have rather gotten some form of "Distress call" in event chat informing me where, what, whatever, as opposed to the CONSTANT SPAM of watching 30k pieces of perishables ROT at 3-4 scrolling lines per second - making event chat somewhat useless, along with any other game functions that rely upon it, such as prospecting, ownership/protection of systems, etc. AS IF it were happening in the ACTUAL ship I was currently DRIVING. - Hence my confusion..

AND - Apparently, it was INTENTIONALLY designed this way - or at least that was the excuse - err - explanation communicated to me on IRC - It's an "Aid" to the player!!

- This reminds me of the line near the end of the movie Dr. Strangelove - "Well That's Stupid! What good is an Ultimate Doomsday device if you don't tell anyone about it?"...

Now, please don't misidentify my gratitude - I suppose that it DID result in "Aiding" me - I only had to Scream on All chat, post here, and go into IRC to finally resolve the mystery of this - "AID". I'm merely suggesting that, perhaps a bit more .. Well, ... THOUGHT might have been used before implementing the "design" of this - so called "aid"...

Thank Adum!! only ONE entire gaming day was uselessly wasted resolving this "aid"... Whooohoo!!! :mrgreen:

" --- No Zali - tell us what you REALLY think of the dev's!"

(yeah, 2 days before reset and for some stupid reason I have to concern myself with a fucking storage freighter that SHOULD NOT be rotting it's cargo? Even IF it's ejected? What kind of moronic brain dead fuck stain thought that stupid fucking shit up? how many dead puppies and kittens did you manage to go through as a child anyway?)

Thu May 14, 2015 8:37 pm