Team: Red Faction
Main: Paladinofdoom
Level: 3693

Post Termite Mounds & (Empathic) Biologique
Often spawn within magcannon range of bases. And termites are pathetic.

This is especially true of Emp Bio, where they spawn only 2-3k away from the station and are immediately destroyed without making any 'mites.

Defending Emp Bio against the 'mites is trivial. Aswell as normal galaxies.

Please buff termites significantly, perhaps add special types [Avensaka 'termites', etc.]

Edit : By a rough calculation and mining a few of the asteroids myself, I estimate an income of ~16-22b per day at the current price they are being sold for, if all are sold. Should definitely be difficult to defend, and not just against players.

Paladin,

This guy gets my full Jiggle!

He is full of awesomesauce, and Jigglyness, buy from him!

Kanga

Last edited by vampire2948 on Tue May 19, 2015 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 18, 2015 5:49 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Post Re: Termite Mounds & Empathic Bioloqigue
16-22b isn't accurate because there aren't that many players to buy commods. Last uni biologique was only ~300b.

Mon May 18, 2015 7:08 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Point still stands though. Not working as intended.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon May 18, 2015 7:14 pm

vampire2948 wrote:
I estimate an income of ~16-22b per day at the current price they are being sold for, if all are sold.

Antilzah wrote:
16-22b isn't accurate because there aren't that many players to buy commods. Last uni biologique was only ~300b.

I did mention that. Thank you for the better value.

300b over a 3.5 monthish uni is approx. 2.8b a day, which is better than / equal to a well run colony character with support from others. I don't think that's a bad income level for holding Emp Bio. But it needs to take an appropriate level of effort.

Kanga

Mon May 18, 2015 7:56 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: Danger
Level: 7164

I want old termites back, let em grow and when they get 4 long legs let em pop 4 more mounds in a X formation and grow moar!! >=O

Mon May 18, 2015 8:48 pm
Main: Skirmish
Level: 5189

vampire2948 wrote:
vampire2948 wrote:
I estimate an income of ~16-22b per day at the current price they are being sold for, if all are sold.

Antilzah wrote:

300b over a 3.5 monthish uni is approx. 2.8b a day, which is better than / equal to a well run colony character with support from others. I don't think that's a bad income level for holding Emp Bio. But it needs to take an appropriate level of effort.

Bio =/= emp bio. People who've taken both say emp is a lot less profitable.

Mon May 18, 2015 10:00 pm
Main: Kinetic
Level: 4707

vampire2948 wrote:
vampire2948 wrote:

Antilzah wrote:

Actully i dont make 2.8b a day i could say up too 4-8b a week and i dont have it at 2.8b just 2b lol like it always has been

Mon May 18, 2015 10:32 pm

vampire2948 wrote:

This is especially true of Emp Bio, where they spawn only 2-3k away from the station and are immediately destroyed without making any 'mites.

Please buff termites significantly, perhaps add special types [Avensaka 'termites', etc.]

Edit : By a rough calculation and mining a few of the asteroids myself, I estimate an income of ~16-22b per day at the current price they are being sold for, if all are sold. Should definitely be difficult to defend, and not just against players.

Paladin,

Stalking my Gal? kos!

Mon May 18, 2015 10:33 pm

vampire2948 wrote:

Paladin,

You want Emp Bio termites beefed because you didn't have the chance to build on it first and conplain about it just to give others a difficult time?

But you have a point on Termites needs a beef but like really? Devs have better stuff to do then beef the pest! :lol:

One of the most important stuff is i made a Route with Station kits for everyone not having a hard time :)

Mon May 18, 2015 10:38 pm
Team: Imperium
Main: Tony
Level: 6370

this is not a bug, it is a suggestion...also your figures of 16 to 22 bil a day for emp bio, based on his 2.8 bil price, that is between 5.7 and 7.8 characters per day expanded over the entire duration of the universe is between 684 and 942 characters training the skill per universe...perhaps like 60-100 characters over the entire universe might be a little more realistic if not generous, though probably not at 2.8 bil per considering there is a free way to get the skill that also gets you decent xp at lower levels. y u so mad at termites anyway...there is an alternative way to take over the gal.

Mon May 18, 2015 11:38 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Doesn't it only cost about 2b if you do it in Paxius? lol

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon May 18, 2015 11:48 pm

anilv wrote:
Doesn't it only cost about 2b if you do it in Paxius? lol

like 4 years since i havent done Paxius missions :lol:

Tue May 19, 2015 12:26 am

There is only 1 team of Termites so once they build another Mound my kits will start shooting at it because aslong as they on same team agro wont be lost

Tue May 19, 2015 1:12 am

deathdevil8000 wrote:
this is not a bug, it is a suggestion...also your figures of 16 to 22 bil a day for emp bio, based on his 2.8 bil price, that is between 5.7 and 7.8 characters per day expanded over the entire duration of the universe is between 684 and 942 characters training the skill per universe...perhaps like 60-100 characters over the entire universe might be a little more realistic if not generous, though probably not at 2.8 bil per considering there is a free way to get the skill that also gets you decent xp at lower levels. y u so mad at termites anyway...there is an alternative way to take over the gal.

vampire2948 wrote:
vampire2948 wrote:

Antilzah wrote:

Kanga

Tue May 19, 2015 2:11 am

SwiftEagle wrote:
You want Emp Bio termites beefed because you didn't have the chance to build on it first and conplain about it just to give others a difficult time?

This isn't me trying to decrease your earnings. It's dumb and needs a fix. I remember watching Emp Bio murder hundreds of termites when I was a new player, looked super-cool watching bases do their thing properly.

SwiftEagle wrote:
One of the most important stuff is i made a Route with Station kits for everyone not having a hard time

Yep. Most useful <3

deathdevil8000 wrote:
this is not a bug, it is a suggestion

It's a bug, termites are not working as intended, and I pointed out two ways in which this affects the game, and suggested a fix. Moving on.

deathdevil8000 wrote:
2.8 bil per considering there is a free way to get the skill that also gets you decent xp at lower levels.

Figures are based on Kinetic's price of 2b. It's only "free" if you do the missions (which aren't trivial for a low-level player), in the sense that everything is free in this game if you go and kill whatever drops it? Moving on.

Kanga

Tue May 19, 2015 2:14 am