Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Taylor Swift
Level: 3894

Post Lockout from Lake Manyara
When you kill the AI in Lake Manyara (Rhino guards) you get some lockout. For all my characters (including ones that take their sweet time killing the boss) the lockout is still there upon finishing the boss. In some cases it means I have to wait literally 5 minutes before I can leave.

IIRC this lockout was introduced to stop people from camping back before the UZ was instanced, and is now an archaic and useless feature which should probably be removed now.

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.

Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:22 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Lockout from Lake Manyara
It's still possible to farm the first rhino level. That's what the lockout is there to prevent. But it could easily be reduced to 5 minutes from 10.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:22 pm

anilv wrote:
It's still possible to farm the first rhino level. That's what the lockout is there to prevent. But it could easily be reduced to 5 minutes from 10.

It is? I've never seen them re-spawn in there anymore...

Edit: yeah i'm going to have go say .... they don't seem to respawn so this lockout doesn't actually prevent shit.

I would like to think the line "excuse me but can I get a shitpost?" is fairly polite.

Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:53 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: Danger
Level: 7164

I've had panthers respawn in the panther level after 30 or so minutes. It's kind of a long wait cause after killing Cess I got distracted by youtube x.x

Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:09 pm

so even if assuming they respawn after 30 minutes, this lockout is preventing you from entering the galaxy for 10 minutes? lol ok

Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:48 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

cej1120con wrote:
so even if assuming they respawn after 30 minutes, this lockout is preventing you from entering the galaxy for 10 minutes? lol ok

bandaid fix for instancing being stupid when added, issue never resolved but bandaid still annoying and managing to hang on

Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:37 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

cej1120con wrote:

It has nothing to do with naturally respawning AI, it has to do with jumping into Lake killing the AI, jumping back out to Ngorongoro, or whatever that place is called, starting a new squad (thereby creating a new instance and respawning all AI) and jumping back in and killing the level over and over again until you get decent loot.

Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:20 am

The exploit is still very much there, hence the lockout.

Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:21 am

why not just give a lockout for the entire instance instead of a part of the instance then, so I can leave instead of waiting 5 more minutes

Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:35 pm
Contributor
Main: SunDog60
Level: 6541

If there's no boss there, why not just remove the instance part of it and also remove the lockout timer? Exploit removed, annoying lockout removed, two in one.

Besides, can't you just jump into a miniboss room, kill the guards, jump out, remake squad, jump back in and repeat? So long as you don't kill the uber you don't get locked out...

Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:16 am

SunDog60 wrote:
If there's no boss there, why not just remove the instance part of it and also remove the lockout timer? Exploit removed, annoying lockout removed, two in one.

Besides, can't you just jump into a miniboss room, kill the guards, jump out, remake squad, jump back in and repeat? So long as you don't kill the uber you don't get locked out...

Negative, as I recall any kill in Lake triggers the lockout because there is no mini uber in there. Lake has like 5 Rhinos and a Panther, then the next level has mini Rhino, and the one after that has Primal Rhino. So you can't avoid the lockout by not killing mini Rhino.

However your first bit was correct, since there is nothing of importance in Lake, the instancing could simply be removed.

Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:41 am
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Does it matter if they respawn? That 10 minute lockout on the first level is there to prevent players from going in, farm gear/augs and then going back out, make a new squad and repeat. Doesn't have anything to do with boss lockouts. So yes, that lockout should stay there imo.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:11 am
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

I heard John just wants to farm the uber loot!

Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:46 am
Profile WWW

ffs, I just don't want to sit and wait 5-7 minutes after killing primal rhino before i can leave.

Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:04 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

cej1120con wrote:
ffs, I just don't want to sit and wait 5-7 minutes after killing primal rhino before i can leave.

inb4 log out is faster

Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:20 pm