Main: GodSteel
Level: 3170

Post Charged drones doesn't have full shields (?)
Charging drone does not always regenerate drone's shields to full. Chid scooped with 10% shields will have about 20-30% after redeploy.

Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:53 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Evade
Level: 5731

Post Re: Charged drones doesn't have full shields (?)
They don't deploy with full shields, but in the inventory they charge with a higher rate compared to when deployed. I think it is 3 times the shield recharge, but I can't recall correctly.

Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:12 am
Main: GodSteel
Level: 3170

Yes as an old timer I'm aware of that, but look at it from the position of newcomer.
You've scooped a severely damaged drone, you use 2 valuable resources - time and energy - to redeploy it, just to find out that redeployed drone still has low shields.
Drone charging bar is the only HUD indicator which displays scooped drone status and according to it, it should be fully charged.
There's no information in game's guide or wiki that drone's shield regeneration rate is completely independent from the drone's charging and in my opinion it would make perfect sense to assume it is.

In SS we had 2 major changes regarding drone deployment.
At first drones used flat amount of energy to deploy and redeployed regained full shields and energy immediately. Instant regen was overpowered which led to the first change.

First Change: Drones took 30 seconds to gain full shields (I'm not sure about the numbers, maybe it was 3x regen as you said). That was still before the charging system, it was just a fix for instant regen after redeploy.

Second change was obviously charging system introduced for all items, I believe change #1 was overlooked when it was implemented for drones and that's the bug I'm reporting here. We've got drones with 10 seconds charging which still take 30 seconds or so to recharge shield and bank.
The player can't tell if charged drone is recharged for real because there's discrepancy between what HUD says and drone's stats.

Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:57 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Evade
Level: 5731

Item charging was only for electricity cost, so that isn't related to shield recharge. If anything this is a suggestion, which I don't think is wrong, I am just going to point out that the suggestion forum is probably more appropriate, along with rewriting your post as a suggestion and not a bug :wink:

Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:18 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

They get full elec after you charge them to redeploy, not shields. Think of them as fast repairing when you have them in your ship, and the elec you use is refilling their batteries.

Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:58 am