Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Neonic
Level: 3520

Post Slave abandons mining to follow master
One of my mining slaves keeps wandering off out into space.
When I check the status report it gives the error, "Master is docked in another galaxy. Resetting to follow." It doesn't warp, it tries to follow me the looooong way.
At first I thought I must have accidentally told it to follow me somehow but this has happened several times now and it takes DAYS to get the slave to come back. I have never had this problem before but clearly it is an intended feature since the error is accurately described in the status report. I am curious though whether it is meant to happen in this way or if it is a bug. What causes a mining slave to reset?

[EDIT]
Well it's just happened again. I checked this morning and the slave was doing what it was supposed to do. I came home from work a few hours later and it was still OK. Two hours after that it has run off again and has somehow managed to travel so far out from the base it was mining for that it will take a day or so to get back. This means it must have greatly exceeded it's normal top speed. This has been the case all the other times as well.

Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:57 am
Team: The Originals
Main: hawk
Level: 1366

Post Re: Slave abandons mining to follow master
if you can, leave the game logged in and stay in the same galaxy as the slave. use the in game recorder to record what is going on in the system then when you get home if the slave has roamed off save it and send it in using a ticket. =/

only thing i can thing of, because the ingame recorder will record everything that is going on, including the actual data behind the seens

hope this helps

Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:08 pm

Given the error message, I concluded that the slave was running out of energy either due to being attacked and trying to regen the shields, or the generator wasn't powerful enough for the mining laser. Attacking it myself didn't cause any issues and so I put a more powerful generator in and the problem has not occurred since. It's been over a week now. Hopefully that's the end of it. However, this doesn't explain how the slave could get so far away within a few hours that it took days for it to fly back when recalled.

[EDIT]
For crying out loud!!!
It's done it again. The slave is currently more than 11 million miles (or whatever the distance units are) from where it should be. How does it get so far away in such a short time and what is causing it?

Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:48 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Neonic wrote:
Given the error message, I concluded that the slave was running out of energy either due to being attacked and trying to regen the shields, or the generator wasn't powerful enough for the mining laser. Attacking it myself didn't cause any issues and so I put a more powerful generator in and the problem has not occurred since. It's been over a week now. Hopefully that's the end of it. However, this doesn't explain how the slave could get so far away within a few hours that it took days for it to fly back when recalled.

[EDIT]
For crying out loud!!!
It's done it again. The slave is currently more than 11 million miles (or whatever the distance units are) from where it should be. How does it get so far away in such a short time and what is causing it?

Slaves do not receive the benefits of the weapon charging effect you get from your main ship. If their elec bank is smaller than the weapon they want to fire's elec usage, they cannot shoot and it causes all sorts of weird bugs.

As for your distance problem, sounds like your slave is somehow managing to teleport around, or you are underestimating how far a slave can fly in x amount of time. Our speed is literally distance traveled per second, so 11m would take quite a while depending on the max speed of your slave, but it is possible. And since trade slaves don't poof when you log out, your slave could have easily had a night or two to run away before you noticed it.

Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:59 am

The slave's weapon is fine. I changed to a higher tech ship and it should have had plenty of energy and yet the same thing has happened again. It may be getting attacked by an AI ship but if it ran out of energy then I would have thought shields would go too and it would enter stasis. That doesn't happen.
As for the distance, there is no mistake. I set up the ship to mine and then 7 hours later its way way out into space. This last time it took 3 days to get back.

Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:34 am