Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Post 300-400 MS every single time someone BVBs
How exactly is this better than last uni? What optimizations were added? This is hilariously bad.

Sat May 21, 2016 8:46 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: number666.5
Level: 8921

Post Re: 300-400 MS every single time someone BVBs
ELITE wrote:
How exactly is this better than last uni? What optimizations were added? This is hilariously bad.

Our last real BvB in amnesty wasn't really doing as much as last uni tbh. But it is far from perfect.

Tue May 24, 2016 4:21 am

lordjeroen wrote:
ELITE wrote:

Our last real BvB in amnesty wasn't really doing as much as last uni tbh. But it is far from perfect.

Lol were you there when we BvB'd you guys? Constant 400 ms for about 9 hours.

Or when EF BvB'd 13 earlier this week, same shit different day.

Tue May 24, 2016 4:33 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Fleet General
Level: 3378

When we BvB'd -13- , I actually didn't have as much trouble as what I did when we BvB'd Traders in Galactic Infraction.

-13- had a fuck load of achilles pulse and mags going off too, but I was still able to fly to our bases without any disconnection or lag.

Tue May 24, 2016 7:09 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: The SI
Level: 2016

The recent improvements did make some big differences in some bvb scenarios but it seems there are more that need work. A big one is that it looks like galaxies with lots of collidable objects (asteroids really up the count in some gals, for example) are still causing issues. Jey is still looking into making improvements here.

Hey, I'm Ryan! I've been playing Star Sonata since early 2005 and I've been involved with the development of the game since 2009. I do server and client programming mainly focusing on bug fixes, but I've also dabbled in creating a little bit of content too such as Captain Kidd.

Tue May 24, 2016 8:57 am

SI wrote:
The recent improvements did make some big differences in some bvb scenarios but it seems there are more that need work. A big one is that it looks like galaxies with lots of collidable objects (asteroids really up the count in some gals, for example) are still causing issues. Jey is still looking into making improvements here.

It feels substantially worse than last uni, or the one before that. In these recent BvBs, the lag in the galaxy is so bad that bases stop firing anywhere close to RoF cap. Which means you get these weird spikes of DPS/HPS failing to activate, and losing RoF on HPS kits means that sometimes kits drop to like 1/3 health and then a lag spike lifts and suddenly are at full health. It's not really a battle against the other team, it's a battle to try and burst something through a lag spike.

Tue May 24, 2016 9:31 am
Site Admin / Dev Team

ELITE wrote:
SI wrote:

It feels substantially worse than last uni, or the one before that. In these recent BvBs, the lag in the galaxy is so bad that bases stop firing anywhere close to RoF cap. Which means you get these weird spikes of DPS/HPS failing to activate, and losing RoF on HPS kits means that sometimes kits drop to like 1/3 health and then a lag spike lifts and suddenly are at full health. It's not really a battle against the other team, it's a battle to try and burst something through a lag spike.

Which galaxies have been this bad? (you can pm it, if you don't want to publicly disclose it) I'll make sure they're represented in testing for further improvements.

Hey, I'm Ryan! I've been playing Star Sonata since early 2005 and I've been involved with the development of the game since 2009. I do server and client programming mainly focusing on bug fixes, but I've also dabbled in creating a little bit of content too such as Captain Kidd.

Tue May 24, 2016 9:50 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAU8-_NJSks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP1ehbj89zg

Watch my delay, its anywhere from 200-500 for the majority of these BvBs. The first battle of Amnesty was 9 hours of lagging the fuck out of the server.

Tue May 24, 2016 10:10 am

Another BvB example from a few days ago, not sped up.

Look at the RoF of the pulses/mags/trans. You lose all consistency in these fights and it's bullshit. No ability to target using RTS combined with hilarious lag spikes for everyone on the whole server makes BvBing pretty dumb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2uk_L6 ... e=youtu.be

Quality might be fucky, I just uploaded it. Give it a bit.

Tue May 24, 2016 10:18 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Well. I wouldn't be mad if some dev decided to add 0.5 second rof cap to bases and rebalance all base weapons accordingly.

Tue May 24, 2016 12:59 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

I've said it before: Change bases so they have super mega doom weapons instead of billions of projectiles. Yeah,it makes it much worse when one of the projectiles get blocked, but its better than not being able to BvB.

Offtopic: Fucking awesome music there Lemon!

Tue May 24, 2016 1:32 pm

MasterTrader wrote:
I've said it before: Change bases so they have super mega doom weapons instead of billions of projectiles. Yeah,it makes it much worse when one of the projectiles get blocked, but its better than not being able to BvB.

Offtopic: Fucking awesome music there Lemon!

Random Youtube music is the best lol. Just pick something based on the length of the video and FUCK IT WE'LL DO IT LIVE

Tue May 24, 2016 1:48 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Antilzah wrote:
Well. I wouldn't be mad if some dev decided to add 0.5 second rof cap to bases and rebalance all base weapons accordingly.

This would be fine.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue May 24, 2016 1:53 pm

anilv wrote:
Antilzah wrote:

This would be fine.

Would remove an assload of lag from the game. And also force everyone to redo all their base setups :D

Tue May 24, 2016 1:57 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

Antilzah wrote:

We've been discussing this actually, there is a good chance something like this is going to happen.

Tue May 24, 2016 2:37 pm