Team: Psionic Corps
Main: codyswrath3232
Level: 3559

Post Station Tech Upgrade doesn't add corrosponding BPs
When upgrading the tech of a station using one of the Tech Upgrade Kits the station does not gain inbuilt blueprints associated with its upgrade, but instead retains old inbuilt BPs.

Example: If an Adonis base is upgraded to an Argonaut base, the new Argonaut base only has the Adonis XYZ inbuilt BPs, not the Argonaut XYZ inbuilt BPs.

Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:29 pm
Main: Almighty Pixel
Level: 4

Post Re: Station Tech Upgrade doesn't add corrosponding BPs
This is intentional, otherwise we'll have tech 20 kasa bana kits with annihilator XYZ gear and the possible confusion of Achilles X gear mixed in from being tech 18 previously.

Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:37 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Pixel wrote:
This is intentional, otherwise we'll have tech 20 kasa bana kits with annihilator XYZ gear and the possible confusion of Achilles X gear mixed in from being tech 18 previously.

That's kind of dumb... you're limiting a t20 kit to t18 gear for what reason? It has a huge heat vulnerability and it's not like people haven't been upgrading them to 20 for years now to do exactly what you're trying to prevent and it's never been a problem before... if a kit isn't going to get the new BPs (and I cannot stress enough, these used to be AI base bought, i.e. available for all bases of corresponding tech levels) then just go ahead and remove the station upgrade kits from the game, because yeah increased augmenter tech is nice, but it's not worth the base slot increase for the kit if I can't push the gear up as well...

Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:37 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

I don't see any problem with this piece of design. You can upgrade bana to t20 and use ada gear or you can use ach z. I would say both methods are viable. T20 also gives access to spirit augs so there are definately reasons to upgrade bana to t20. Same things apply for upgraded t16 ada kits. If you truly want anni z on your bases, you will have to use ada t20 kits.

Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:15 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Antilzah wrote:
I don't see any problem with this piece of design. You can upgrade bana to t20 and use ada gear or you can use ach z. I would say both methods are viable. T20 also gives access to spirit augs so there are definately reasons to upgrade bana to t20. Same things apply for upgraded t16 ada kits. If you truly want anni z on your bases, you will have to use ada t20 kits.

Granted, it's not a huge problem, but they should at least be consistent with it and make it available to all t20 kits. Again, at one point these were a dg drop, and then available from a blueprint pack (?), so there is no reason the shouldn't have the option, especially considering that a bana kit is nearly as expensive, if not more so, to extract and upgrade than build an Ada kit.

Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:28 am
Main: Almighty Pixel
Level: 4

ShawnMcCall wrote:
Antilzah wrote:

Granted, it's not a huge problem, but they should at least be consistent with it and make it available to all t20 kits. Again, at one point these were a dg drop, and then available from a blueprint pack (?), so there is no reason the shouldn't have the option, especially considering that a bana kit is nearly as expensive, if not more so, to extract and upgrade than build an Ada kit.

Tell you whats nice about this, is the resistances don't change, so mining resistances are always much better than the tech 20 counterpart. So if your looking for something broken it would be that aspect of this system.

You can however get the platform and defender installed via the "Annihilator Base Gear Blueprint Pack". If its Annihilator perm drones your after.

Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:52 am