Team: Commonwealth
Main: Fyuryus
Level: 3451

Post RTS not working as intended
Tried to direct the fire of my bases in a BvB using RTS onto specific bases. The bases would say "Target Overide Set to XXX" but the bases still shot randomly, not hitting desired target. Range was not an issue checked beforehand. Happend to a teammate the day beforehand easily to replicate i'd think.

Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:03 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: RTS not working as intended
This is a well known issue. It hasn't been fixed for two reasons:

1) Base targeting code is 800 lines long and no one has had the time to go over it and redo it.
2) We're actually not sure if we *want* base RTS to work correctly, since this would give players a huge leg up by just being online to defend their gals. That may seem beneficial, but it's actually a problem for game balance. The reason is that we want SS to be playable for casual folks who aren't reliably online at all hours of the day and night, or maybe not even online every day of the week. If active defense is that powerful, casual folks will find themselves having to fortify many times more strongly than power players (who can get away with bare-bones defense + RTS).

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:14 am