Team: The Great Armada
Main: Xonok6
Level: 602

Post Alpha Drone repair cost
Was probably overlooked since it's such an underused drone.
Normally drones cost little to repair, but this one is like 10 times more expensive. It also has a very high energy cost, but that might be intentional considering it lasts so long and can jump.

Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:59 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Alpha Drone repair cost
Thanks, added to next meeting's agenda.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:19 pm
over 9000!

The drone uses Omega Beam which is kicking up the cost of repair. It costs 65 million to repair according to the XML, which is considered acceptable for the tech of the drone.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:21 pm

Other drones worth using cost around 1-5m to repair. That's more than an order of magnitude difference and one of the reasons why Omega Drone is not worth using.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:56 pm
over 9000!

Again, it's because the drone contains items that are considered quite valuable and good.

Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:30 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: urzaserra2
Level: 4871

What tech level are those other drones worth using? that have 1-5 million credit repair costs?

Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:43 pm

Due to the huge gaps, Jungle Drone, Var Zuladura Tra, Var Zuladura Katur(even though it's currently crap).
You'll be hard-pressed to find an F2P drone that costs even 10m to repair, which should pretty much be the upper limit for players of this level.
A full set of F2P slaves pretty much regardless of gear costs under 100m to repair. It would be pretty strange for a drone to take upwards of half a bil for just one set. This is disregarding that 100m is also only gonna happen if you use some really expensive gear, which 99% of the time doesn't happen.

Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:46 am