Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1781 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 119  Next

Post Re: Custom Ship Images & Other Game Modifications
Hyperiant wrote:
Rage5566 wrote:
Hyperiant wrote:
Good job resizing the Space Blue Battleship and pasting an SBG on top of it.

Very impressive.

thk u XD its basicly 2 SBGs in one XDDDDD lolz

btw did u check out my space blue delta design?

First of all, it was sarcasm.

And will somebody please take away this guy's lava filter privileges?

:( wtf damit the lava filter is a GIMP feature and FIRST of all its my program and my design and secondly i use PAINT.NET now b4 using GIMP.

ach dude wtfs wrong with k ppl like my resized space blue battleship design lol and that blue parsley is just made of an existing one with the colour blue on it.

god why does ships graphic designing have to be like this ach :evil:

-----

Something I made, but didn't want to double-post.

Blue Parsley.
Parsley Glow. (it's black, in case you were wondering why you couldn't see it)

Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:33 pm

serously will someon plz delete Hyperint's post.
Attachment:
SpaceShip123 Massif4.png
Attachment:
SpaceShip93.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:18 pm
Team: East Vindia Raiders
Main: Sicuro
Level: 1540

I do not wish to be harsh, really I don't, however some of the images you guys are turning out are simplistic or horrid distortions of a wundervoll ships. You have to ask yourself if anyone is going to want to use:

Bright colors make the ship literally look fruity. Like Legos on a crisp morning at preschool.

So some words of wisdom to anyone that post in this thread, directly to Rage5566 & Hyperiant... Please look at the images you are submitting before you submit them.

Oh and don't forget that any Modifications you do now will be obsolete when Client 2 comes out-- hell they won't even be used. So my personal advice would be to stop posting period.

Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:57 pm
Profile WWW

i did have a non inverted version of the resized space blue battleship design lolz which mind u thats what that inverted lookin design above the massif4 graphic is lol someware accept i might have lost it.

btw Sicuro ppl these days actualy are learning from ur graphics talent dude.

Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:01 am
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

whats wrong with mine? it's more dark than bright...and its not used for anything else, either. That said, it does look a bit crappy ingame, but please, please dont compare my efforts the the Paint Squad?

EDIT: rage, shut up.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:16 am

Demiser of D wrote:
whats wrong with mine? it's more dark than bright...and its not used for anything else, either. That said, it does look a bit crappy ingame, but please, please dont compare my efforts the the Paint Squad?

EDIT: rage, shut up.

eh LOL :? DX sicuros right u know

EDIT: rage shut up

LOL ide be the one shutting up if i was u Demiser.

Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:43 am
Press Corps
Team: Aidelon
Main: DragonGod (Slaver)
Level: 4263

This one's acctually pretty sweet, Sicuro. >.>

Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:08 am

Yoko_Kurama wrote:

This one's acctually pretty sweet, Sicuro. >.>

I wasn't burning the images in a metal trash can because of disagreement. I actually went through and compiled a bunch of high contrast/bright/fruity colored ship images.

With proper techniques they look great but most of these are amateur edits which consist of nothing but poor filtering and/or adjustments of the hue, saturation, contrast, and brightness. Most of the images don't match the color palette/theme of the game and in my opinion are unusable.

I am by far innocent of my own charges. The following ships by me do not work in the game but were requested by people.. so I made them:

Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:58 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

That is hawt, looks almost scaly. That could replace the icepicks as anaconda gaurds, easily. Or maybe a rare drop from anni, or a rare BP that anni drops to build it. Dunno what it would be used for, though. Besides, we already have a ton of ships that shape. Sorry, just bored waiting for DC to spawn, rambling. :roll:

Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:09 pm

That ship has been posted for over a year. So it is nothing new to anyone.

Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:49 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: Danger
Level: 7164

Who the heck made this!!! Wtf is it supposed to be?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:53 pm

heheh wat goes around comes around lol.

to Sicuro: those ship graphics are wat i call proffesional pieces of ship graphic art :D neatly done with so much detail lol to be honest i actualy like u Sicuro for ur talent :D XD i mean dont take this the wrong way but i do admire u aswell as everyone else does for ur graphic skills i mean as i said wat goes around comes around SS dosent always get ship graphic artists as proffesional as u these days XD and btw to Danger: heh that actualy looks like some potato head stuck half the part of a flyswatter ai and the back of a space blue alpha advance ai on the body of a DF XD anyways i actualy did and posted that resized version of that space blue battleship design for a reason.

Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:43 pm
Team: Defiant
Main: Xenosys
Level: 154

Rage5566 wrote:
heheh wat goes around comes around lol.

to Sicuro: those ship graphics are wat i call proffesional pieces of ship graphic art :D neatly done with so much detail lol to be honest i actualy like u Sicuro for ur talent :D XD i mean dont take this the wrong way but i do admire u aswell as everyone else does for ur graphic skills i mean as i said wat goes around comes around SS dosent always get ship graphic artists as proffesional as u these days XD and btw to Danger: heh that actualy looks like some potato head stuck half the part of a flyswatter ai and the back of a space blue alpha advance ai on the body of a DF XD anyways i actualy did and posted that resized version of that space blue battleship design for a reason.

Rage, PLEASE add more punctuation to your sentences.

And Sicuro, I make these mods for myself; when I think they look good to me (and let's face it, anything I make looks good to me, whether it be a steaming pile of cow dung or a piece that gives Da Vinci a run for his money--the latter being near-impossible) I post them here.

If you don't like them, I'm sorry; don't use them in your game. But I like my fruity ships in game. That's how I roll.

Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:00 pm

There was a time where this Modification thread and the one I made before it had a purpose. I haven't seen any truly inspiring modifications for months. The reason why all the good artist have stopped is because the images will be obsolete when client 2 comes out, so unless you can design nice looking low poly 3d renders... there is no reason to continue to make 2D ones.

Hyperiant wrote:
And Sicuro, I make these mods for myself;

Not sure what you mean by this. Either you are replying to how you yourself edit the ship images (which aren't yours to begin with) or the textures/tools you use. All I have seen from you and Rage are butchered ship images which the masses will not consider using. The only thing someone needs to duplicate the type of images you two have been dishing out would be GIMP and it's included generic rendering tools.

The only differences between the artist in the past 20 so pages and myself are the amount of time I put into actually considering what I am going to post on the fora and what I am not going to post on the fora.
Rage's:
Mine:
ImageImageImage Image Image Image Image
Original:

Yours:
Mine:
ImageImage Image Image Image
Original:

The idea is to keep the ships looking like the original and using the same color palette.

Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:41 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Turbinia
Level: 3134

honestly its to the point now where there are so many useless post in this thread that it should just be killed. Between the crap neon recolors and the how did you do that post this thread is mostly just junk. Fresh start would be good.

Also anyone wanting to do mods should really be looking into 3d. Well if c2 ever does make it.

Please please please listen to Sicuro.

Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:47 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1781 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 119  Next