Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Copernicus
Level: 895

Post Cadet
The cadet is coming along too now. Gave it a look that is somewhere between a retro police car, a jet fighter and a motorcycle (since it's a tandem-seating vehicle I presume and handles like a bike that happens to fly in three dimensions. :mrgreen: ) I might see if I can animate the texture on the emergency lights so they pulsate red and blue in attack mode and dull to a dark blue while in flight mode. Finalized textures to come later.

EarthForce/CopernicanWerks EF-101 Cadet

Built as part of a joint contract between CopernicanWerks and EarthForce, the EF-101 Cadet is designed to replace an aging earlier model of Cadet. The most noticable feature of the EF-101 is the large intake at the front of the vehicle. As Cadets often spend a great deal of time on patrol and are not always near a space station, the intake acts as a Bussard ramjet, taking in particles of hydrogen from the atmospheres of gas giants, the oceans of aquatic worlds or even interstellar nebulae; the Cadet is a durable, all-purpose patrol craft and is even available to the general public at certain EF stations. Other features of the EF-101 Cadet include:

- High-powered high beam lights for lighting up the baddies in the dark of deep space
- GlowPanelâ„¢ emergency lights
- Room for two crew members and two passengers (all sitting in tandem seats)
- New to the EF-101! ThrusterPodsâ„¢ mounted on the sides for enhanced maneuverability
- 180 Standard Units of hull space for gear and cargo.

- CopernicanWerks Public Affairs Office

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

F2P: Colonel Mustang/Riza Hawkeye/Jean Havoc/Heymans Breda/Kain Fuery

Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:08 am

Post Re: Cadet
The Cadet in game with one engine mount in place (might add a second as there are two exhauts.) Still don't have glow maps working. Emailed Jeff the model and textures since they were too big to attatch here.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:35 pm
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

Hope you know that your "intake" is actually a gun, as described by the one who came up with the design in the first place. :wink:

Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:54 am

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Hope you know that your "intake" is actually a gun, as described by the one who came up with the design in the first place. :wink:

I had figured that it looked like a gun on the original sprite, but it just seemed way to wide to be a gun in 3D so it became an intake. I figure since it's a beginner vehicle it shouldn't look like a giant cannon, but I can always change it I suppose.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:47 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Added, thanks.

Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:12 pm
Profile WWW