Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
Main: Sun Tzu
Level: 1

Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:10 am
Posts: 705
Post Re: Pirate_ship
Tomzta09 wrote:
There was no ouch, as it was not a valid point, especially when he himself supported the suggestion.


@ Biggee, Tom

Indeed. This is just enkelin being a jerk because there is no reason not to. You will notice he only aims these snide remarks at lone players and smaller teams.

@ Tom only

Jeff's reasons for making Client 2 the way Client 2 is:
1. Complaints about C1 being cartoony
2. Complaints about C1 was 2D*
3. Jeff wants to compete with bigger games, which have the trend of being realistic and not cartoony

The 2D part was not about the game not being an actual 3D game. Client 2 is not 3D; it is 3D on a 2D plane. Those complaints were because Sonata wasn't a 3D game on a 3D plane (ie space).

Bobbo's Spacey Jones is cartoony. The whole thing with Space Rats is cartoony. The way virtually every ship in game looks is cartoony. Easter, Halloween, Xmas, (and some summer holiday they should add) are all cartoony. Sense a pattern?

You would pretty much need to remake the game from scratch to not be cartoony, which was the problem. Bobbo's not going help scrap 11 years of work because it "might" attract 5 more people, and once/if/whence Jeff saw the light, he'd realize it too and keep the game cartoony.

@ Honey Badger

It was a meme, that a lot of people forgot now. The concept was sound: a new super uber similar to Red Nightfury that roamed around and teams fought over the right to kill it. Even the lore was okay. Honey Badgers really do eat bee stuff. But the meme part is not sound. Basing the entire suggestion around the meme was not going to take off if the meme gets forgotten by the rest of the world.

If I were you, I would remake the suggestion, but leaving out the meme. Market it as another RNF-esque uber with some cool mechanics such as:

After attacking the Honey Badger, if a Hive happens to run into the galaxy where the fight is taking place, the Honey Badger ignores all players, rushes over to the Hive, and kills it. With honey in its mouth, the Honey Badger returns to the fight with increased strength. Will players focus purely on the Honey Badger and risk that happening? Or will players scour the surrounding fields to rid the place of Hives?

Also note that engaging the Honey Badger will trigger a server spawn for a large amount of Hives, to make the likelihood of one blundering into the battle more possible.


Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:49 pm
Profile
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Officer
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2433

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:42 am
Posts: 1930
Post Re: Pirate_ship
Tomzta09 wrote:
ShawnMcCall wrote:
Blue Dwarf wrote:
I was looking for something like this, except more spacey maybe for Spacey Jones! O_o

It looks good, but maybe you could make a space version? (Maybe like, more metal bits and without the sails, with a clear thruster at the back?)


Sails can work in space...


They can but they won't do anything.


No, as in they can actually be used as a propulsion system in space...


Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:18 am
Profile
Main: 8834746
Level: 0

Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:46 am
Posts: 135
Post Re: Pirate_ship
i can also use 2 cans with a string for communication

that doesn't mean i wont use my smart phone over it, though


Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:29 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Officer
Main: Daedalus
Level: 8909

Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:57 pm
Posts: 4715
Location: Kuratovo, Russia
Post Re: Pirate_ship
The name just sounds retarded. I really do not see the problem with calling him Davy. Spacey just sounds like a failed pun attempt.

_________________
Image

Image

Image
Image


Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:07 am
Profile
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Officer
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2433

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:42 am
Posts: 1930
Post Re: Pirate_ship
lal wrote:
i can also use 2 cans with a string for communication

that doesn't mean i wont use my smart phone over it, though


Are you completely retarded? Sails are an extremely efficient, effective, and simple system of propulsion. Basically the opposite of your statement applies.

If I have two systems that allow the same outcome and utility, but one is needlessly complex and consumes fuel why would I use that instead of one that accomplishes literally the exact same thing but using a much simpler easier to maintan design that expends zero resources past what it takes to create the object?

The question was rhetorical, but there is still an answer to it, and it is that you are not very smart. Using a sail in space is not like trying to power an internal combustion engine on giggles. It is a proven concept that achieves its purpose brilliantly.


Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:46 am
Profile
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Officer
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2433

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:42 am
Posts: 1930
Post Re: Pirate_ship
Tomzta09 wrote:
The name just sounds retarded. I really do not see the problem with calling him Davy. Spacey just sounds like a failed pun attempt.


I very much agree, Spacey Jones sounds pretty terrible. In addition to that though I feel like half the players who ever see it will miss the (bad) pun.


Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:48 am
Profile
User avatar
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Rank:
Main: Biggee
Level: 2418

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:27 pm
Posts: 658
Post Re: Pirate_ship
I think the name is fine.

_________________
uhmari wrote:
When i look at uhmari, I can see clearly the problems in it


Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:50 am
Profile
Main: 8834746
Level: 0

Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:46 am
Posts: 135
Post Re: Pirate_ship
ShawnMcCall wrote:
lal wrote:
i can also use 2 cans with a string for communication

that doesn't mean i wont use my smart phone over it, though


Are you completely retarded? Sails are an extremely efficient, effective, and simple system of propulsion. Basically the opposite of your statement applies.

If I have two systems that allow the same outcome and utility, but one is needlessly complex and consumes fuel why would I use that instead of one that accomplishes literally the exact same thing but using a much simpler easier to maintan design that expends zero resources past what it takes to create the object?

The question was rhetorical, but there is still an answer to it, and it is that you are not very smart. Using a sail in space is not like trying to power an internal combustion engine on giggles. It is a proven concept that achieves its purpose brilliantly.


almost nothing backs up your statements, and your answer is to insult somone else, it's pathetic, if you're so competent on this idea, then build a ship with sails and go space travel then

and call up NASA, tell em their shits all fucked up lel


Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:14 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: Aero
Rank: Councilor
Main: crazyhorse2
Level: 2551

Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 7:29 pm
Posts: 304
Post Re: Pirate_ship
Ok guys... My idea was that they are solar sails (big solar panales). That gives enoff energy for endothermic propulsion, that would only put out heat so it is clean and affective. For thoughs who dont know endithermic is accompanied by or requiring the absorption of heat or energy. It requires a net input of heat or energy for its fornation from its constituent elements.

_________________
CrazyHorse
http://nateportfolio.webs.com/


Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:39 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Rank:
Main: Biggee
Level: 2418

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:27 pm
Posts: 658
Post Re: Pirate_ship
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/tdm/solarsail/

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/small ... saild.html

Quote:
After spending more than 240 days "sailing" around the Earth, NASA's NanoSail-D -- a nanosatellite that deployed NASA's first-ever solar sail in low-Earth orbit -- has successfully completed its Earth orbiting mission. Launched to space Nov. 19, 2010 as a payload on NASA's FASTSAT, a small satellite, NanoSail-D's sail deployed on Jan. 20. The research team continues to analyze the orbital data to determine how future satellites can use this new technology.


They haven't been used for any official missions outside of the 200+ day test or in an official capacity (in terms of relying on them for transport), but they are currently a proof of concept for free propulsion that is being studied.

There will be future tests and maybe even adoption of the solar sail as a commonality based on the research that has been done already.

_________________
uhmari wrote:
When i look at uhmari, I can see clearly the problems in it


Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:30 pm
Profile
Main: 8834746
Level: 0

Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:46 am
Posts: 135
Post Re: Pirate_ship
well my statements still stand until they use it for official missions and do something with it, until then it's useless and "still in development"

so /care


Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:51 pm
Profile
Main: Sun Tzu
Level: 1

Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:10 am
Posts: 705
Post Re: Pirate_ship
Can we please get back to discussing the model? Please? :(

Image


Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:09 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: Aero
Rank: Councilor
Main: crazyhorse2
Level: 2551

Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 7:29 pm
Posts: 304
Post Re: Pirate_ship
Tomorrow i will be working on the model changing things to make it look more spacey. feel free to give me any ideas, and if you post images for ideas that works as well. Thank you

_________________
CrazyHorse
http://nateportfolio.webs.com/


Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:06 pm
Profile
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Officer
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2433

Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:42 am
Posts: 1930
Post Re: Pirate_ship
lal wrote:
well my statements still stand until they use it for official missions and do something with it, until then it's useless and "still in development"

so /care



Actually they do not stand, you are simply to prideful to admit that you are wrong. What part of it functioning flawlessly for 240 days makes you think that this is not something that can (and more importantly; does) work?


Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:37 am
Profile
Main: 8834746
Level: 0

Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:46 am
Posts: 135
Post Re: Pirate_ship
ShawnMcCall wrote:
lal wrote:
well my statements still stand until they use it for official missions and do something with it, until then it's useless and "still in development"

so /care



Actually they do not stand, you are simply to prideful to admit that you are wrong. What part of it functioning flawlessly for 240 days makes you think that this is not something that can (and more importantly; does) work?


the fact they haven't used it, that's all you really need to know, untill then it's useless for viability for an actual use, i mean i CAN use certain things to do certain tasks, but other things are certainly more superior


Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:43 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.