over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

Post General Star Sonata For Dummies
look what i found in the wiki

General Star Sonata For Dummies

This is a list of the more common questions asked within the game. If you don't know any of the answers to the questions below, well, let's just say that you'll have a lot of reading to do. Contents [hide]
1 "Ohmigod, what is that?"
2 "How do I shoot?"
3 "What happens when I die?"
4 "Where's this 'Sol'?"
5 "Where do I get this mysterious 'remote control'?"
6 "What in photon is warp navigation?"
7 "Help! Stuff is attacking me when I didn't do anything!"
8 "My ship drifted out and I can't see anything on my radar!"
9 "I accidentally tossed all of my gear and sold my ship and I can't buy a new one!"
10 "You look hot in that zebucart. Where do you live?"

"Ohmigod, what is that?"

It's probably a space rat. Or a photo of yourself. Don't worry about it.

"How do I shoot?"

Click on something that you want to shoot, like the said rat. Point your ship at it, or at least, as best you can. Now hold down the space bar like your life depends on it, because, chances are, it probably does. Watch as you vaporize the rat. Congratulations. You shot something, although it was a rather puny and weak something.

"What happens when I die?"

Well, your whole, insignificant life flashes right before your eyes, and then you get this tremendously light feeling and float up into the clouds, all the while watching your family members incinerate your corpse and cheer for joy...oh, wait, in the game? Oh, alright.

So, once you get vaporized, or nuked, or blasted to smithereens, or whatever other torture that happened to kill you, you come out as a little escape pod, or worse yet, a spirit. Since you're new to the game, you probably won't get any death debt when popped out as a spirit, but you can bet that later on, you'll be much more unlucky. You also won't lose any gear, but again, later on, you'll be much more unlucky. Now you simply have to watch your ship get invaded by a big blue cloud of stasis (not that there's anything you can do at that point), and wait for it to glow yellow. Once that happens, feel free to zip back into your ship at the possible risk of getting vaporized, or nuked, or blasted to smithereens again. Fun, isn't it?

"Where's this 'Sol'?"

Somewhere in the universe. No, really. The universe commits suicide every couple months and undergoes a sort of "reset". Sol can be, and usually is, anywhere. You'd do best to actually ask in the game. But please. Don't spam.

"Where do I get this mysterious 'remote control'?"

This skill (which is remote control, if you still don't know) can usually be found in Lavanite. In order to get it, though, you'll probably need some cash on hand and a blue whisper, which is a commodity found off space blue alpha scouts. You probably won't be able to kill those though. So sorry.

If you actually want to know what remote control does, refer to said link. Don't ask me here. Yes, really.

"What in photon is warp navigation?"

Again, this skill (no, no, not remote control, you twit, warp navigation!) can typically be obtained in a variety of places; Sol and Paxius are the prime examples. In Sol, you'll need around one million credits and a blue aether, which happens to drop from space blue alpha ships, which also happen to be harder than measly space blue alpha scouts. Good luck hunting those. You'll need every ounce of it, and then some.

But, if you'd like to take the easy road out of the horror of getting slaughtered by some random AI freak, you could also exchange one million credits and three or so ancient Pax medals for warp navigation in Paxius. These usually cost about ten million per medal on the market, but since you don't (or rather, shouldn't) have that kind of moola on hand, you'll probably be better off doing the missions available in Paxius itself, which give you said medals, as well as some experience and extra cash. All that's required is for you to zip around in that sorry excuse of a space ship to random galaxies. See? The easy road. Good for lazy folks like you.

"Help! Stuff is attacking me when I didn't do anything!"

Well, that's because you're hated by civilized society...oh, you're popular? Hmm, the other civilized society then...wait, you mean the game? Hmph. You're no fun.

In any case, some of the administrators tinkered with the hostility system a bit, so now random AI, especially those nasty little flies, will enjoy bombarding you with various offending projectiles. And those kind, caring administrators will be laughing in your face each and every time you get knocked out as a pod.

As for fending those beasties off? Well, you're on your own there. Sucks to be
"My ship drifted out and I can't see anything on my radar!"

Swap targets (default is 'tab'), then hit 'V' on the keyboard. Yes, that's all. Why are you looking at me like that? Seriously, that's all you have to do. But if you really don't believe me, go ahead; drift out just a little bit further....

"I accidentally tossed all of my gear and sold my ship and I can't buy a new one!"

You're screwed. Really screwed. Make a new character.

"You look hot in that zebucart. Where do you live?"

SECURITY!

Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:03 am
Main: stargeneral
Level: 3284

Post Re: General Star Sonata For Dummies
lol not posotive it will help low levels. but meh, it was pretty funny so oh well :D

Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:35 pm
Main: Scybot 010
Level: 5469

Too much sarcasm in that guide for me to like it, I'm afraid, sounds like you are kidding whoever reads this guide to get some real answers

Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:55 pm
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

longname wrote:
Too much sarcasm in that guide for me to like it, I'm afraid, sounds like you are kidding whoever reads this guide to get some real answers

this guide is from another person, heck, all the guides i find on the wiki are from others

Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:50 am
Main: Scybot 010
Level: 5469

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
this guide is from another person, heck, all the guides i find on the wiki are from others

Okay, "you" as in "the author of that guide", I somehow didn't read the first part, sorry

Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:38 am
Team: Zero Gravity
Main: Zotowan Q
Level: 479

The original guide was actually written by Simon under the title "Whateveruwanttoknownoob" or something similar, then it was edited.

Original link is here.

http://www.lyceumarchives.com/wiki/General_Star_Sonata_For_Dummies

Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:32 pm
Profile WWW