over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

Post Corporate Guide: How to not piss of the competition.
I found this guide while browsing the forum of my Infinity Corporation's forum. Thought it would be a very good guide for Teams in Star Sonata.

All rights are reserved for the author, Chukada.

Corporate Guide: How to not piss of the competition.

First of all, corporations, clans, guilds, groups, etc, are all really the same entity. A roving band of players, working under one banner, which was created by some smart guy from Belgium, if that's not the case, then he was the one to master it. Now that we have established the [corporate=guild=clan] thing, I will continue with my instructions.

The world of clans is an appealing aspect. With friends at the press of a button, specifically F5, we are connected through discussion boards. Where, for the first time ever, can spam endless pictures of cats and dogs doing un-beastly poses and speaking offensive slang, with people from around the globe! Everything is fine, until one group of roving players chances upon another. Then things become hostile. Fast!

[Dealing with Accusations]

Embarrassed by another group's superiority, the weaker species will begin to spread rumours of spy troubles. Usually the bigger entity will be accused of spying on the lesser group, if this is done on a forum with more then two clans, the majority of bystanders will be stunned at the sudden politics, and instinctively choose sides with accusers. If caught in this situation, quickly announce that your corporation does not have a spying problem, but under no circumstances, do not discuss politics. At this point, nobody will have any coherent thoughts, as their emotions have currently seized priority. Wait a single day, and then post a reply. If this does not work, contact another group and agree to "investigate this problem" together. At the end, you will not have a spying problem, it was all caused by a newbie, who was too eager to join a corporation.

After failing their first attempt, rival corporations will begin to question your policies publicly. This should be perceived as normal behaviour. They will try to scrutinise your ranking system as being disorganised. Disagree with them and explain your system using common words and text sizes, do not inform them that their system is more disorganised, this will only lead to the foaming of the mouth. [never bold, italic, or underline your words] Next they will attack you for copying other player's ideas, and stealing their creativity and uniqueness, they will also claim you are similar to all other corporations. Do not argue with them, they will never admit defeat. Instead wait a few days, and get your leader to inform them "he doesn't give a ****," and that he chose those foreign ideas because he wanted to improve his corporation. [If you are said leader, then do not use curse words.]

Lastly, the competition will try to claim your obvious inactivity. [This is a trap, do not point out their higher levels of inactive members, as this is about you, not them.] They will bring up points such as, "full of noobs," "accepts anyone," and "Will fall apart." Do not fight these accusations. Instead, host more events within your corporation, and clean up the inactive members. Hopefully this should reduce your size on paper, and will make you less of a perceived menace. [While still remaining on top]

[Recruiting Policies]

When recruiting players, remember to never announce things like size, power, and influence. Instead you should mention the more peachy aspects of your corporation, such as tolerant, fun, and happy-go-lucky. This will reduced backlash if that player is not recruited, and he posts in one of the many accusation threads. [Never target new members on a board, the only people you should recruit through PM are the ones starting new corporations, who will meet little success in the next few days]

A better way of recruiting fresh blood is to not chase after them. If you want to minimise hostility, the best course is to not actively recruit. What you should do is set up a competent forum, and link it directly through your forum signature. This means that members interested in joining a corporation will see your respective post, and visit your forum. [Make sure your forum has lots of posts by other members]

If a new player posts one of those "recruit me" threads on the official forums. Do not "recruit them." This will upset the competition immediately. Instead refer to a neutral domain that has a list, of all the respective corporations. [If said domain does not exist, provide links of your biggest competitors.] The new member will recognise your signature as a link, and click that instead.

[Wrapping Things Up]

The easiest way to not piss off the competition is simply thus. Detach yourself from human emotion, and respond as a respectable computer. Even if you read the dumbest posts, which reach the dumbest conclusions, do not under any circumstance fall into the trap. Most importantly, if you have a high ranking member who can't deal with this bullcrap, make sure he does not post on the forums of your competitors, nor allow him to make statement on an RP-Corporation board.

Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:57 am

Post Re: Corporate Guide: How to not piss of the competition.
Good work Battlecruiser :)

Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:34 am
over 9000!

JoachimS wrote:
Good work Battlecruiser :)

just remember, the guide was made by my superior, Chukada, and not me

Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:55 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: Danger
Level: 7164

/war Competitioin

Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:43 pm
over 9000!

Danger wrote:
/war Competitioin

heh, Infinity aint going to go beta till 2010, so you couldnt do that, and besides, have fun warring something akin to the top 3 teams in terms of fire and manpower. 110 members so far compared the second largest corp at 30 members

Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:01 pm

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Danger wrote:
/war Competitioin

heh, Infinity aint going to go beta till 2010, so you couldnt do that, and besides, have fun warring something akin to the top 3 teams in terms of fire and manpower. 110 members so far compared the second largest corp at 30 members

It was a joke. I don't like wars. If you were meaning to "dis" QR, thats just wrong.

Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:36 pm
over 9000!

Danger wrote:
Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Danger wrote:
/war Competitioin

It was a joke. I don't like wars. If you were meaning to "dis" QR, thats just wrong.

i'm only imtiminating anyone who wishes to war Axis when I:TQFE comes

Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:37 am
Team: pantalones
Main: Illuminaughty
Level: 2232

I don't understand this guide.. Maybe because I didn't read it.

*Staring at admins for C2 preview*

Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:24 pm

HubaHuba wrote:
I don't understand this guide.. Maybe because I didn't read it.

Neither do I, and i read it.

Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:47 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Tank
Level: 3703

Or you could just piss everyone off so no one can tell the difference :lol:

Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:52 am
Profile YIM