Team: Zephyr
Main: Pyrovestis
Level: 2574

Post a guide to FC, (fleet commander) by pilotingfreakazoid
hello, this will be my personal guide to how i became a FC, (fleet commander)

first i started\ with DM, i was DM for around lvl's 150-300, i got really bored with it, but the first thing you need to do is atleast get DD (drone deployment) up to 20. a good DM ship to start out with is a celestica, obtainably from doing the paximinius traveling missions, you need W3 and i think some pax medals to do these.

Getting DD up to 20, will allow you to take the next step up in lvl'ing. with titans, you can train for a while, getting enough SP's to become FC. now, first you probably want to get your FC skills (there are 3 of them) in lyceum probably up to 5 to begin with.

FC is a costly class, the ships aren't the cheapest, but the more the merrier. i started out with celestica for DM, i gained enough cash before i became a FC to buy myself a earthforce cruiser, t16, 1-1.2bill item form.

i got equipment up to 16 ASAP, thats x-tremely important if you want to actually be able to fend off foes.

get most of your stats up to around 12-16, you can get the SP but getting good shields, i used stop shields and a sponge charger (regens like 50 per 1.3 seconds or something like that) and cebopack, i also used some OS combined caps or ono energy caps or lib shield caps, depending on your shields/energy those vary between what you need and dont need.

now, go DG around in w2, and save up for another 1-1.5bill, and buy Another EFC (earthforce cruiser). dock this one in your main station were you keep your valuables, this should be in an ai station, and not a base because if your base goes, your slave goes. now work towards getting the same items you have in your EFC, on your EFC slave.

to actually use the slave, you have to have RC 16, which is obtainable by bringing 5x giant goblets (big green drops, have a teamate help you with these if you can't kill them, which i doubt you can at this point) per lvl. you should also get tractoring up while you are out there, dont kno what the commod is for that, but you dont want to have to fly around in DG's picking up items, tractoring is much easier.

now don't forget to buy slave stasis generator 16's, these are around 260mill in the first lvl of copper at the ai station.

repeat this again, till you have a fully set and geared x2 EFC slaves and a EFC command ship (your ship were you command your slave). now it is time to talk about fighter bays and fighters.

you can have a teamate build you 2 Capital Fighter Bay III's, and equip these to your slaves. your slaves will automatically attack enemies, if set to, with these fighters when you are attacked. now, you can only deploy 3 at first, 4 at 7 lvl's of flight controller, 5 at 14-16, and 6 from lvl 20.

these are the FC skills you can get at lyceum:
Fleet Focus: this you need to get first, to be able to gain FC skills, increases all stats on capital ships by 2%, hull on cap ships by 8%, freighters and heavy fighters hull go up by 4%, and increases all stats on everyship, even non-capital ships by 1%, these go up by lvl's, one lvl of fleet focus brings your hull up 8%, 2 lvls is 16%, 3 lvl's is 24%, and so on.
flight controller: this is what enables you to use more fighters with 1 capital fighter bay. with each lvl you increase all fighter stats by 2%, this includes damage, speed, so on. it also increases your capacity to launch more fighters, as explained above, by 5% each lvl.
last is fleet commander: this increases field generated power by 2% each lvl, field generated power goes along with things called aura's. you can purchase aura's in lyceum, they have many choices of them. you buy one, and equip it to your ship when you want to have the bonuses apply to your slaves and fighters. i use an aura ATM that makes all damage from my slaves and fighters go up by 15%, and turn it off when im not fighting, because it can drain your energy if you dont have good recharge.

now that you have 3 EFC ships, 2 slave and one commander ship, you are set to go DG'ing, i would reccomend an athena are a FC prowess aug combination for your ship, but depending on what you want your slaves to do its up to you how to aug them.

make sure you have a good shield, shielding is very important to FC, the bigger the bank the better, i have a shield with 12k bank, now after aug tweaking, bonus skills, ship stat +'s, augs, i end up with 250k shields. i use a undershirt, but i started by using deadstop's and then a zombiestop. these are really large tho, they can take up alot of space. undershirts are good for later on, as they regen along with your charger so its faster.

you will find out what you can and can't do in DG's, you should try dodging and not rely on your shields to keep you alive, and i personally still use titans when i face hard AI.

once you've got that MASTERED, this takes ALOT of practice, you should start working on saving up for a EFB'C, (earthforce battlecruiser)

this ship, the EFB'C, is the next lvl up from a EFC, you need piloting 17 to use it. i would reccomend all basic stats up to 16, but equipment up to 17 before you get this. these can go from 2-2.5bill per ship.

you can buy this, and transfer your EFC commander ship gear to it, and sell your EFC in slave form for around 800-1bill, as its not worth as much in slave form. this will give you some extra cash on hand, now you have more space, more resist, more damage, more shields, more energy, but you do get slower.

the 3 EFC ship combination got me from lvl 300-700. i bought a battlecruiser at lvl 741. im currently only 748, but i have increased the danger factor of the DG's i do, im getting better drops, and more cash.

this guide is really long, but if you work on everything like i have explained it, and yes, it can get overwhelming, but in the end, you CANNOT go wrong with being a FC. FC is an amazing class, and it can be UBER POWERFUL once you get the right setup. if you need further instruction or help, please feel free to PM in game or on the forums, pilotingfreakazoid

thank you for reading my review/guide/personal story

hope this helps, and good luck

---pilotingfreakazoid

Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:37 pm
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

Post Re: a guide to FC, (fleet commander) by pilotingfreakazoid
capital ships cannot be affected by aura generators that beef allies.

Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:58 am

huh? if you have an aura equipped to your command ship, and your in the same galaxy as other peoples slaves or ships that are on your same team, it affects them to, well atleast when i equip it in reef, all the trading slaves and players get affected by it

Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:52 am

you are right, i just checked, other CAPITAL ships can't be affected, but for some reason all the trade slaves on my team have the aura on,

Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:56 am
Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

This is intentional, so that you cannot put FC aura gens on capital ship slaves and quickly become overpowered.

Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:24 pm
Dev Team
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Jey123456
Level: 4359

quite a good guide. I cant say i agree with all of it, but its probably easier than the way i did lol, from pure noob with no financial or team support up and lvl 20 to lvl 700ish before my team actually started to be something.

FC is a costly class only if you want to. If you get 4-5 times more ship to fire stuff, you dont really need to have the best gear you can get (tho it help a lot).

Getting a fast ship and dodging when your slaves hit is a working strategy too.

Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:32 am
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

You forgot the lower levels...I shall help ye.

Once yo get to level 40 or so, you should have all of your basic skills up to level 5-6. This is good. What you then want to do, is go out and get a radiation weapon, and a prismatic conversion.

Once you have these things, get Remote control 6. You get the First 4 levels in Glass Matrix for Blue Aethers, you should be able to kill Blue Alphas with ease by now, and you get the next 2 levels via Traginium in Serpica. These cost about 7 mil each, so be careful not to lose them.

Once you have this, go out and cap yourself 2 "Goldenboy Bar"s. These are tech 6 freighters. Sometimes it takes a few tries to cap one. Once you get these, you should go to East Vindia, and buy each of them a fighter bay, and 6-10 chihuahua fighters. These will make killing EVERYTHING easy at this point, what you should do is kill infernos, tanking and avoiding the damage while your fighters and slaves slice them up.

After you get enough Skill Points, and cash(around level 50), Go and get 3 or 6 more levels of Remote Control. This will be spendy, but each additional 3 levels will provide a 50% increase in your firepower. If you want, you can even get yourself a bar as well, for addional firepower, Plus these guys have an amazing 65% resistance to energy damage! Once you have 4-5 of thse guys,head over to gargan. Kill Oversized Roswells and Oversized Rosfires, they will be easy, just dodge around a bit. Also, you should be able to kill Space Blue Betas, this will hold you ovfer until this guys guide takes effect, or even further!

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:16 pm
over 9000!

or Demiser,

at lvl 100ish, you should have the skill points to get piloting and engines to 10 to use EF Frigate. with weapons at at least lvl 6, and high enough rc(10+) you can go cap Zobitan Uber ai.

they cannot be docked, but MF 2 eth1 and 2 Zob beam, which are heat weps.

heat at lower lvls slices up ai into thin pieces ready to eat.

the ai have 5k shields naturally, and can have up to 15k shields with maxed skills, and they have 30% resists to all but mining, which further increases their durability.

with rc10, you can have 5, which does nicely, but 7 eats up ai. but sticking to your frigate and using radx gear and capping gear, while keep increasing rc lvls, you can get to at least lvl 400, though lvl 700 is not impossible.

radx gear include a nuclear steam power, no skills cept for ee11 needed, but its +50% shield will help you last longer.

and a leaky reactor, an aura gen that lowers the shield regen of all enemies in range. you'll need a decent energy to support this item, as it actively sucks energy. nuclear steam power with a std elect aug on your figate will be enough

by lvl 400, you should have the skills and cash to outfit frigate slaves, or at lvl 700, you should have the needed stuff for a pair of cruiser slaves.

Zob slaves are pretty tough, and with a capital ship command ship, can handle a few big greens and then an ice pick and then a vulture if the setup has enough regen after battle.

Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:05 am
Team: Imperium
Main: Qu4NtuM
Level: 7713

Non-capships can be much more effective. However the cost is also alot higher and when playing there is no room for error.

I have reasons for why I do things.

Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:20 am
over 9000!

Qu4NtuM wrote:
Non-capships can be much more effective. However the cost is also alot higher and when playing there is no room for error.

very true. like your little devils, or Jenius's w/e he has(probably parsleys)

or that EF guy's twin porp+ slaves, or utu's BST fleet(tort: 3 seren is overdoing it)

back on track:

non capship slaves tend to have 3 to 5 aug slots, which make the versatility(and potential) of them rise.(BST have 3 augs, just one is built in) but like Q said, they can get dreadfully expensive(15b per Q liquid).

Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:44 am

your right, you can make a FC fleet out of non-cap ships, they just cost tons, theres a FC user that uses a dread, but has liquid slaves, he put in around 30bill for equipment and augs per each slave, but can solo UZ
but i mean seriously, when does a lvl 300-800 have 100bill hanging around, plus this is just my personal story, other people have theirs too, i admit my setup isn't the best, but its pretty good compared to some other players setups

Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:18 pm
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

That guy is Quant, methinks.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:58 pm
over 9000!