Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Team: Eminence Front
Main: iArcea
Level: 13267

Post Re: Impass Protection Suggestion
It would diffuse across the phospholipid bilayer through active transport which requires Adenosine Tri Phosphate as a source of energy.

Therefore you would then recieve the item.

Happy?

JOKES
I Love you.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:07 pm
Main: thebattler36
Level: 2015

DoWs posts make me pine for the days when landswimmer was our main troll.

Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:45 pm
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

Use the name, but make new items. The Pax Legacy stuff was a good item. Low Fail(or no fail) diffusers that have rather low protection to most or all damage types. T0/T5/T10/T15/T20 versions, with minor stat boosts(resists or elect usage, or both) per level you get them at.

Like, Pax...Legacy I, II, III, IV, and V.

10/12/14/17/20% resists to most(probably not mining, make gunners feel special) damage types with low-med elect usage(for a diffuser).

But yeah, still call them "Impassable Protections". Because technically only the Endangered Species Gunner can bypass them!

Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:48 pm

Or not since theres only 3 IP's in game of use ;)

Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:22 am
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

"Impassable Protection I" is in use?

Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:44 am

No there are only 3 'VALID' non exploit obtained by the current owner's Impassable Protections within the game.

Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:54 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

I don't have much sympathy for this, sorry.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:10 pm

anilv wrote:
I don't have much sympathy for this, sorry.

Next time you buy something for 70b+ that then gets nerfed to a failrate resulting in it's loss I will laugh .. :)

Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:42 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

I had multiple opportunities to buy a number of items obtained through the exploit. If something seems to good to be true, it usually is. The Heph Machine is the exception to this rule, of course.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:55 pm

Yet that means this can happen to anyone. With the current unsafe trade system it is impossible to tell if something is not meant to be .. you don't have this problem on other games since there are no items on the game that have got there without the devmins of that game knowing.

Basically saying that exploited items shouldn't have been created in the first place.

Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:47 pm

Species 8472 wrote:
Yet that means this can happen to anyone. With the current unsafe trade system it is impossible to tell if something is not meant to be .. you don't have this problem on other games since there are no items on the game that have got there without the devmins of that game knowing.

Basically saying that exploited items shouldn't have been created in the first place.

I can think of numerous items that exist in other MMO's that have been exploited for. The fact of the matter is that in other games you get banned + item is deleted without any discussion at all, just for possessing one.

Likewise, suggesting that they shouldn't have existed in the first place shows that you don't understand the measures required to off-set primitive AI coding (this goes for all games).

/Discussion over.

Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:25 pm
Main: Sceadu
Level: 1913

If the discussion is really over, the best course of action would be to lock the topic. To not do so only invites discussion.

landswimmer wrote:
ALL HAIL CYG THE MESSIAH!

Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:02 am

Aurora Ex Machina wrote:
Species 8472 wrote:

I can think of numerous items that exist in other MMO's that have been exploited for. The fact of the matter is that in other games you get banned + item is deleted without any discussion at all, just for possessing one.

Likewise, suggesting that they shouldn't have existed in the first place shows that you don't understand the measures required to off-set primitive AI coding (this goes for all games).

/Discussion over.

Would you not want to be different than those MMO's and sort the problem out propperly? This is simply an unacceptable change / 'fix' to the issue. I shall be emailing Jeff directly with regards to this soon.

Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:03 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2