Team: Traders
Main: DefQon1
Level: 5100

Post Re: No More Fast-Track Endgame ~ more f2p to p2p conversion
Neba wrote:
AustinAfizzle wrote:
I just see lots of Ada Kits being built.

I may be more willing to go to war if losses weren't as high though.

This is exactly what I want to happen, if everyone on the block has access to the best toys, easily cheaply, more wars-- more distribution of wealth and commodities.
Ada kits take up alot of base slots :P

As long as you have the ada. the ada kits/gear is easy to make.

Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:43 pm
Team: Red Faction
Main: Paladin's Presence
Level: 3937

kanescreed wrote:
Neba wrote:
AustinAfizzle wrote:

This is exactly what I want to happen, if everyone on the block has access to the best toys, easily cheaply, more wars-- more distribution of wealth and commodities.

Thank you so very much for such an insightful and useful post...

Anywho, I agree with that fellow who made the post that is a part of my awesome signature.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:49 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

anilv wrote:
You are 100% correct that base gear (and kits) should be cheaper. You are not correct in saying that this alone would solve problems.

There are like two dozen different problems that need to be solved all at once to "fix" star sonata. And that is why it will not happen, no matter what we say or suggest. It is simply too much work and throws away just about all the work they have done before.

enk's words hit the nail on the head.

Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:27 pm
Main: ThisIsKalrizian
Level: 0

Max235 wrote:
anilv wrote:
You are 100% correct that base gear (and kits) should be cheaper. You are not correct in saying that this alone would solve problems.

There are like two dozen different problems that need to be solved all at once to "fix" star sonata. And that is why it will not happen, no matter what we say or suggest. It is simply too much work and throws away just about all the work they have done before.

enk's words hit the nail on the head.

Of course there are lots of problems, but this one is easily implemented and has long term benefits.

Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:06 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Curse
Level: 5572

kanescreed wrote:
Neba wrote:
AustinAfizzle wrote:

lololol you do realize ada kits require dem kits, which take about 4 dem, and for the ada kits it takes like 3 ada sheets, right? thats like 10B+ each kit even if u have the ada for it, its not the ada thats the problem, its everything else, and these are just the kits, gear is really expensive too.

derpy is best pony

most fun to play with wings ^_^

Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:16 pm
Main: DemonBlood
Level: 1761

/SIGNED

Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:23 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

just remove base capping then there are no losses, the base just remains as a dead kit in the gal and the user can retrieve his belongings using the tsl

Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:14 am
Profile WWW
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Even base capping wouldn't be so bad if gear and kits were cheap and easily replaceable. Now that people keep their shops in Celestial Garden, the worst that can happen is losing a prod kit, which are usually pretty well defended. Ada 20 kits are most certainly not cheap by any standards, for the reasons given a few posts up. I made a stack of them this uni to have in reserve but that's not something I'd like to do every uni.

The fact remains that the simple possession of a galaxy is generally much more valuable than any base it contains, due to the potential earnings you could forego.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:16 am
Main: Prommilypicklesomnomnom
Level: 4704

anilv wrote:
Even base capping wouldn't be so bad if gear and kits were cheap and easily replaceable. Now that people keep their shops in Celestial Garden, the worst that can happen is losing a prod kit, which are usually pretty well defended. Ada 20 kits are most certainly not cheap by any standards, for the reasons given a few posts up. I made a stack of them this uni to have in reserve but that's not something I'd like to do every uni.

The fact remains that the simple possession of a galaxy is generally much more valuable than any base it contains, due to the potential earnings you could forego.

May I just say, whilst potential earnings are a huge thing, if you lose a fucking team prod, WORSE, if it's capped, dear christ almighty, the INSANE losses.

Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:32 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Losing a prod can sometimes be very costly; it really depends how you set it up and what you happened to be building at the time.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:46 pm
Main: flo02
Level: 2631

if all the lazy people in ss would start doing dg's instead of playing afk all day long gathering xfire hours for ss, colony slave credits, xp from team mates because they have leadership 2 (or 3), the market would get flooded again with items from a to russian r.

i took a break somewhere in '11 and came back in november this year, am i playing a retarded version of ss with fancier graphics?

flood of credits causing hyper inflation.
f2p playerbase vanished completely.
owning more than a trill is normal?
where the fuck did everyone went to?

i really really (+ really^infinite) hate the durability system, during gear glue times, you were FORCED to protect your precious items with glue and hope that crazy glue would save the glue... now dieing is like, oh i died, gotta repair

sp system...sigh, were admins sniffing mushrooms, smoking cocaine, injecting weed and eating heroine? the game was already boring from T0 till pre-end game.

the nexus is more complicated than ever, my friend tried playing star sonata, he quit after 5 minutes because he didnt knew what to do or where to go..
"prelude" was a faster and more clear tutorial than the nexus

but im just ranting bullshit feedback on forums...

mentality of the admins:

Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:29 pm
Main: Dindu Nuffin
Level: 3522

I DG probably more than anyone in this game. Yet i have no items to sell because DGing only drops me dem, dem frags, useless station kits, Mag XI*'s, and prawn pieces. And ofc augmenters and blue prints.

What exactly is it that you want people to sell again? :P

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:40 pm

Please keep your comments on my suggestion, other stuff can be in other threads

Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:14 am

Cant find the bump
so bump hah

Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:17 am
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Camsy
Level: 2191

I see where your coming from, but I don't think it will help anything. Making kits cheaper will just mean that those ridiculously rich players will be able to invest less money on building secure kits, and if those kits do die, replace them easily, with minimum loss.

And don't be fooled into thinking that all endgamers are rich and sit on their colonies all day. I don't do colonies, I work hard to get commodities and build things instead and that money I make doesn't sit around and grow, it gets spent and at an awefully fast rate.

Yes, compared to someone lvl 500 who doesn't have more than 3b to their name, making a few bil every week seems like crazy gain. But for the gear I'm saving for, it's painfully slow.

I just recently spent a whole uni and a halfs worth of commods and credits slowly gained to build myself a heph machine. While you can stand from the outside and say, hey look another endgamer with too much credits. But the work invested into getting that ship was enormous.

Tl;dr (or if you did read, a summary): Making bases cheaper will fix nothing and that no all endgamers sit on colonies and have tonnes of creds.

As for the bit about emp. Yeah, I'd agree its kinda true. Back in 2008 when I first joined the game, I only had two goals. To be a great player in my own unique way and to become emp.

Five years later, I've just achieved my first goal to some degree. But chances are I will never be emperor. And while that pains me a bit, I play on knowing that I can enjoy the game without that.

Blue Dwarf wrote:
Statistically, they haven't changed.

Except for the beef I gave.

Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:22 am