here a Video about SRX testing HQ Galaxy DPS and HPS with Friends
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... aat13jdn7w

Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:33 am
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Post Re: This Show We Try
Nice video.

Might I suggest sticking a Firing aug onto the bases, for they had what looked to be a really low attack speed. Damage, Damage, Range, Firing is ok for a dps 4 aug base.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:35 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Curse
Level: 5572

yeah after what happened, they need repair kits and a new aug setup, since most of the bases arnt augged and HQ had argonaut laser :roll:

derpy is best pony

most fun to play with wings ^_^

Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:38 am
Team: Zephyr
Main: XxFrostfangxX
Level: 3923

Correct

But am not much of a base builder yet all the work has been thnx to DreadLordNath
and Extraction from Planets/Moons mcLiSt

Me and frostbite where working on Proddie,Dem Frag hunt,Helping Eridian Death Striker to finish from build

Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:20 am

atm we will Repair the HQ and get those Builds to finish

Bases will still have same stuff but we will slowly improve them

Just letting the Haters know

Once i build lot of cash we will advance and do our best cause this is what SRX is all about

Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:25 am

Also if any one made a Video about Contigency vs SRX plz send me a like here

Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:28 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: DreadLordNaf
Level: 12667

Panzer50 wrote:
yeah after what happened, they need repair kits and a new aug setup, since most of the bases aren't augged and HQ had argonaut laser :roll:

This statement is fail Derpy and you know it, so stop stroking your e-peen.. I respect Frost and I think as usual he is trying to be diplomatic and humble but I have to speak up against all this "SRX doesnt know how to build" crap going around. We had 7 Andas fully augged, well too with either Andaman or Ambrosia base augs: combination of range/dmg/firing/elec/recov/radar depending on the base and its purpse. Two of the bases were owned by a player with station mastery 20, me. Yes HQ had an arg laser in its storage hold which fell out when you blew it up but all our andas were fully equipped at the time with anda pulse, anda mag and anda lasers. I know I put most of them there myself. Dont confuse you being supported by multiple high level healers for "our base building sucking."

What happened with the unprovoked attack on our system is a good example of the failure of SS pvp. If I recall, zero progress was made on killing our bases during the attack until one mid level gunner with MIRVs showed up. Apparently that's all it takes to cascade and wipe out 7 fully equipped andas. One gunner supported by a high level healer that my bases and I couldnt even target because of the pvp level limit, and that our bases are too stupid to target.

SRX has gotten our bases in wild wiped twice this uni, all of course from higher teams who dont dare attack their own level. But each time the most frustrating thing was not losing, it was fucking targeting who i wanted to target. Sitting there and seeing a healer heal the guy attacking us being totally immune from being attacked himself. This is what caused us to lose in every fight. Not skills, not numbers, not strategy, but pvp "loopholes" that allow healers 1000 - 2000 levels higher than us to be immune from all assault. In every other mmorgp with pvp, "supporting" or assisting someone in pvp automatically gives you some sort of free for all (yet timed) aggro flag. Why that isnt in this game is beyond me... In the meantime players like X and Thermal who are level 4000+ can target and pop me no problem.

If there is a pvp guide that highlights all these little loopholes that have pretty much been the sole defining factor in all our fights, I would love to see it... Because right now it feels like a complex legal process where those who are familiar with the legal loopholes can win based just on technicalities.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:42 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

So you are saying that you were unable to attack the Shield Monkeys due to PvP range? That sucks.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:51 pm

anilv wrote:
So you are saying that you were unable to attack the Shield Monkeys due to PvP range? That sucks.

Yes.. I accept that a level 2000, 3000, or 4000 should be much more difficult the higher they are and that someone like me should definitely NOT be able to kill them one-on-one. But to make them 100% immune from an entire team fighting back, except for a few of us..... Honestly if I had known how that worked I never wouldve built in wild.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:02 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

In the best case that's a majorly failed mechanic, in a more realistic case it's a borderline exploit. You should submit a ticket about this immediately, especially if it's happened before.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:07 pm

anilv wrote:
In the best case that's a majorly failed mechanic, in a more realistic case it's a borderline exploit. You should submit a ticket about this immediately, especially if it's happened before.

REally? Because that is EVERY pvp fight Ive ever been in.... I figured it was just a lame mechanic of the game. Our main fight after reset involved Team Australia advertising in general chat to pay a level 400 to kill one of our low level bases while they healed him because they couldnt target the base, but they knew we couldnt target their healers. The sad part is I have now adapted to this. I now only put bases in wild with my extremely low level alt who can barely be targeted by anyone, then drop drones which heal from my main to support it, thereby mirroring this mechanic. Ive found this strategy more successful than building Andamans. If I this is considered an exploit I will stop doing it but frankly its the only way I know how to defend in wild because of the mechanic I described above.

Ok, I will write out this issue a little more clearly and post on the bug forum and do a ticket. Thanks.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:26 pm
Main: Xantra
Level: 2904

I actually didn't know they had abused high level ShMs. Fair enough if they had killed the bases on equal grounds, but to exploit a known issue, and then have the gall to brag about it in an otherwise positive thread is pretty low.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:59 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

It's a pretty bad exploit, using characters out of pvp range to heal. However no admin has ever punished anyone for doing it unless it was grossly out of the pvp range. I believe the only case of an admin threatening to do something was when ymai used around 20 Ambrosia Drones on a series of level 150 characters to heal Ninth Sphere while they were PvBing Light Commerce bases.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:19 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Curse
Level: 5572

tbh i didnt know the shms were out of pvp range of some of the bases, you did put up a good fight regardless tho, but the shms were the only shms available on-team at the time and i was also MCing, but shms are naturally really high level because of how experience system works with shms.

derpy is best pony

most fun to play with wings ^_^

Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:54 am