Support/PR Administrator
Main: Bageese
Level: 14

Post Star Sonata 2: Subspace Assault

The Star Sonata 2 development team is pleased to announce the first official expansion to Star Sonata 2, Subspace Assault to launch June 15th 2013 with the Universe Reset! Actual time of day to be posted in a later news post.

The Aveksaka

While fleeing the terrifying UrQa race, the Paxians found an anomaly into the Subspace dimension. In their few moments of rest from the terrors of the UrQa, the Paxians realized an ancient alien race lay dormant in the Subspace dimension.

The Paxians learned that the Aveksaka are an ancient organic alien race who live in the subspace dimension contained within the Terran universe. The Aveksaka are unable to sustain existence outside Subspace and over eons came to believe this layer of subspace is a gift they must protect. As this dimensions caretakers, it is their duty to safeguard it from any and all disturbances. Due to the intimate connection between the dimension the Aveksaka inhabit and the Terran universe, events that occur in the Terran universe often cause ripples and tears in the fabric of Aveksaka subspace. Normally these ripples go unnoticed as the Aveksaka undergo long periods of hibernation or are small enough to easily mend.

The UrQa eventually tracked the Paxians to Aveksaka Space, long after the Paxians had fled. Finding what they thought an extremely weak and unevolved race, they attempted to subjugate them. All efforts failed, leading to a devastating UrQa defeat. Awakened and now fully aware of not only the damage caused to subspace by multiple openings of concourse and juxtaposition wormholes, as well as other destructive Terran activities by the UrQa and other hostile aliens, the Aveksaka feel the damage to subspace is beyond repair. There is only one option left. Destroy the universe so it may begin anew.

Additional Features

The Suggestions System has been live since February and has given the team valuable feedback on what the players want to see the most within the game. We accepted the top 5 suggestions and started to work on them, and they’ll be added in this latest expansion! These suggestions include improvements and restructuring of existing content for all levels, alternate ways to level up and gain experience, improvements to experience gain in groups, and an overhaul of the universe map.

New Round of Voting

Next week we’ll begin a new round of voting for some additional features for the game! The major one we want your opinion on is Class Rebalance. We’re putting up our proposal for voting, and if you approve it, it’ll be in for the expansion! If you don’t approve it, we’ll rework the proposal until we get it right!

Player Testing Event

We’re moving Subspace Assault to open beta this week. We’d love to have you guys break our stuff before June 15th! So we’re going to have testing events during the weekends leading up to the Universe Reset on the 15th, stay tuned for more information!

So the next month is going to be crazy! We've got a few posts and updates coming up including the next voting round, videos, screenshots, and more!

We'll post some screenshots on the blog shortly as well as a discussion post in Dev Notes!

Thu May 16, 2013 12:27 pm
Support/PR Administrator

Post Re: Star Sonata 2: Subspace Assault
The first event I believe will be held today at 8pm EST. I do NOT know for sure though and I might have to change this to a later date. Just letting you guys know in case you wanted to party with the devs on test tonight. I will post server information when I confirm the time. =D

Edit: Here is your server information: test.starsonata.com on port 3032
Please note that test may not be fully updated to match Live. Please log in 30 to an hour before group testing is slated to begin to make sure you're fully geared as there will be no spawning of gear from admins. Also it will be of help to us if you're coming in with a group that you squad up 5 minutes prior to event start and have your squad leader contact me through PM on test server (Miss Bageese).

Sun May 19, 2013 9:43 am
Support/PR Administrator

Well those silly aliens just had to go and break everything. We're cancelling tonight's event to shove the creepy dudes back into Subspace. We'll post again for the next testing event soon! :)

Sun May 19, 2013 5:09 pm
Support/PR Administrator

Hey guys we're doing an actual testing event tonight! Surprise!

Make sure you're ready to go on test by 8pm EST. This event is really to bring everyone online and see what breaks in the Subspace Assault expansion. At this time we don't have a need to do any specific targeted testing.

Server info: test.starsonata.com port: 3032

Tue May 21, 2013 3:52 pm