Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Post Transdimentional Warping
Ships can Transdimensionally warp from one galaxy to another in 2 different ways. Both ways require a warp beacon on in the destination galaxy that is owned by the player, his team, a squad member, or a friendly NPC faction.

Anyone can use a Transdimensional Warp Device that will work with Large Warp Beacons. Large Warp Beacons are permanent drones and can only be placed in galaxies where permanent drones are allowed. The idea is that teams will tend to place them in their owned territory and at their outposts. NPC teams will also have Large Warp Beacons available for players to use nearby some popular locations.

Fleet Commanders can use the Fleet Transdimensional Warp Device as described in the class super item proposal. This one is different in that it requires Fleet Commander skill, will bring along nearby squad mates with the Fleet Commander, and can also warp to Portable Warp Beacons, which are temporary drones and can be placed by squad members in many more locations.

Some restrictions on warping are that the warping ship must be at full shields and must be at least 1000 distance away from the nearest planet or sun. Warping takes off 50% of a ships shields. The ship initiating the warp must have Astral Travel skill equal to the number of jumps to the new galaxy.

The interface for this will be a pop up box with the choices of where a person can warp to when he attempts to use the Transdimensional Warp Device. If he currently has a galaxy selected on the galaxy map, then that galaxy will be first on the list.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:27 am
Profile WWW
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 3775

Post Re: Transdimentional Warping
So can we expect these drones in :

Oly, Bana, Lunacy, Bio, Emphatic Biology.

How about Kidds cove, Red Photon, Snake Hole, Anatolia, Mausoleum, Mother, which all have their own faction?

Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:39 am
Profile YIM
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

basically anything that has an instance

Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:16 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

I don't want too many NPC warping locations. Definitely there would be one in EF Sol, which would give people quick access to any layer. I'm thinking something on the order of 3-5 others, but I don't really have an opinion on where they would be at this point.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:07 am
Profile WWW
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

I would like to propose two kinds of Trans Warpers. One that uses fuel, the other does not. The fueled one uses up fuel like you use up Neuro Keysyncs to warp. The non-fueled one is...not fueled. Non-fueled can warp to 3-7 AI warps and unowned galaxies within some formula that makes an AsT100 jump roughly 20 jumps, because Astral Travel 100 is not a hard skill level to get, Jeff.

The fueled one jumps to any galaxy as long as the AP path doesn't run through a galaxy with enemy bases or into instances.

Even better if the fueled one can only be equipped to engineless ships with weapon slots, to make them a little more useful because it's sad that a "siege ship" is used as a trade slave.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:20 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

I think we need to square away the matter of how easily you can currently penetrate hostile space using the PvP invulnerability aura, before we start talking about this sort of warp device. It should not be possible to simply die once or twice per galaxy and penetrate a hostile team's space. Proper border galaxies should be all but impenetrable.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:02 am

No pvp invulnerability aura if you're in a hostile galaxy.
Done.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:08 am
Main: Evo
Level: 34

Max235 wrote:
No pvp invulnerability aura if you're in a hostile galaxy.
Done.

Well, now we have tow to sol option upon death, so why not.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:10 am
Main: None
Level: 0

A very valid and important point from enkelin. A somewhat good solution by Churchill followed up by Sybir's comment on how to prevent griefing in the suggested system.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:15 am

Dark Brotherhood wrote:
A very valid and important point from enkelin. A somewhat good solution by Churchill followed up by Sybir's comment on how to prevent griefing in the suggested system.

I also would like to mention that if it is not already done, that when towing your "ship", it includes any slaves that died with you. I think it would be horrible for a level 500 noob with a slave swarm to come across a hostile galaxy and not able to instantly tow all 9 slaves, or be forced to pay much more money after towing your main ship.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:55 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Max235 wrote:
Dark Brotherhood wrote:

I also would like to mention that if it is not already done, that when towing your "ship", it includes any slaves that died with you. I think it would be horrible for a level 500 noob with a slave swarm to come across a hostile galaxy and not able to instantly tow all 9 slaves, or be forced to pay much more money after towing your main ship.

Perhaps it should include all slaves in the galaxy, both alive and in stasis.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:11 am
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Llessur
Level: 3775

Since the uni is getting bigger and bigger, what we really need is a device that allows us to get around quickly.
The aim should be to facilitate travel not transport attack squads to attack player galaxies.

That is why I think the FC squad warp is a fundementally bad idea. Eg A seer infiltrates an enemy HQ gal and drops a Portable Warp Beacon, the squad warps in and drops siege kits, dead HQ, before the defending team even realizes they have been attacked. NO THANKS!

Ideally there should be fixed beacons in key areas of Perilous space and other areas .
Teams could build their own, team only beacons in Wild Space in their owned galaxies.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:37 pm
Profile YIM
Main: Teh Beelzebubz
Level: 0

Russell wrote:
Since the uni is getting bigger and bigger, what we really need is a device that allows us to get around quickly.
The aim should be to facilitate travel not transport attack squads to attack player galaxies.

That is why I think the FC squad warp is a fundementally bad idea. Eg A seer infiltrates an enemy HQ gal and drops a Portable Warp Beacon, the squad warps in and drops siege kits, dead HQ, before the defending team even realizes they have been attacked. NO THANKS!

Ideally there should be fixed beacons in key areas of Perilous space and other areas .
Teams could build their own, team only beacons in Wild Space in their owned galaxies.

How could you warp in and deploy siege kits without a connecting galaxy and war declared. Have war mechanics changed since last i was around?

Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:27 pm

Beelzebub wrote:
How could you warp in and deploy siege kits without a connecting galaxy and war declared. Have war mechanics changed since last i was around?

Russell is either paranoid, or he's talking about an already active war. It still doesn't make much sense, because border galaxies will be much more heavily fortified if they are next to enemy space.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:00 am
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

I'm on russel's side with this one. Dropping temp drones to get around the universe quickly can be very overpowered imo. I'm a pvp whore, so I'll look at this from a pvp point of view.

Say your team is attacking a galaxy on the northside of the enemy team's space and find yourself you can't handle it. Some SD can just warp to the south side of the enemy team's space, drop a temp drone and with an FC in the squad, the whole team is suddenly on the other side of the defending team's space, which could be up to 15-20 jumps away. Surely you see my concern how this might open up certain tactics that aren't quite intended..?

For perma drones, however, I fully support the idea and think its a great addition to the game.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:18 am