Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Post Re: Neurobinding items
A good set of intel and super intel modded gear works wonders for rapidly leveling alts, especially during bonus experience events. Normal AI gives like 200xp a kill, pack on the mods and see it shoot to 300xp, then factor bonuses and see 600-800xp. Then you realize that you can actually level multiple single alts from 200 to 2000 in the same event.

I want an Ultra Intel mod.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:38 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Then you realize there is no incentive to level past 3k.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:46 am

anilv wrote:
Then you realize there is no incentive to level past 3k.

No, but there is incentive to have all six characters on my accounts at level 2000 without grinding too long, which is why the only level 2000+ character I have is this one. All the others turned into massive grind long before they got to where I wanted them to be.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:58 am
Main: The_Ultimatum
Level: 4307

regardless, one good mod is all that is needed. We don't need tiers of intel mods.

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i46 ... dowsig.png

Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:19 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Fly fast kill hard
Level: 4561

potato8 wrote:
regardless, one good mod is all that is needed. We don't need tiers of intel mods.

Composite...

Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:28 pm
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

lammas 528 wrote:
Composite...

Was just about to say composite :|

I fear that with this system we'll end up with massive price spikes pushing new players out of the market. Previously common things like Venusian Jackhammers will be snapped up by the rich; something we can already see with Std. Capacity augmenters... which tend to sell for more than higher tech "Good Capacity" augmenters.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:38 pm

potato8 wrote:

You "may" not think more intel type mods are good, but the bonus stacks. So if you had three different intel-type mods of +1%, +2%, and +3%....the bonus is +6%...iirc. Not +3%.

Therefore, 10 pieces of intel/sintel/uintel would be pretty big, definitely over 60% bonus. And when you consider you'd be killing AI's for hours, that's a pretty big boon in experience gained. And Strontium missions, and bonus events.

And my point is that a good set of multiple mods for exp on the same items is valued a hell of a lot more than a single really good modded item or a character's worth. Your team would benefit more from everyone level 2000+ than everyone level 1000 and one good character level 2000, especially if you're on a really big team or have lots of accounts between your teammates. Like Tbbt.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:41 pm
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

So far as I'm aware intel gear doesn't affect mission EXP (I tested this at one point, but not very thoroughly).

I've always assumed this to be a feature, and it should remain that way.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:46 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: Event Horizon
Level: 1929

Composite on an engine is actually not a bad mod in some situations. Wish it did more weight reduction, though.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:08 pm

Church. This topic is about neuro bounding items in exchange for mods. If you are doing this it is for one reason only, you are hoping to get a good mod on your end game gear. Super intel, or intel would be a horrible mod to have on end game gear in exchange for neurobounding that item. I am not proposing that the intel mods be removed, im just saying that only one is necessary.

That or remove the chance of getting a intel or super intel mod on items that are to be neurobound in exchange for a mod, since it is already pointless to have because you cant switch it between characters on different accounts.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:53 pm

Also does this mean that i can take all my non-neurobound emp controllers and get a full set of neurobound moded emp controllers for relatively no effort?

Seems broken.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:54 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

potato8 wrote:
Also does this mean that i can take all my non-neurobound emp controllers and get a full set of neurobound moded emp controllers for relatively no effort?

Seems broken.

That's a good point, although if you rolled the same mod twice you would be sunk. For Jeff's reference, this point refers to the fact that separately stacking items in your inventory all apply their augmods, while a single stack of items only contributes the augmod from one of them. So it is standard practice to collect a few differently modded Emp Drone Controllers in order to get the augmod several times.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:37 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

One thing to keep in mind with this suggestion, is that if the NBing of items starts to push prices higher and items become more rare, we could greatly increase the drops from ubers and DG bosses.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:31 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Rhys
Level: 3919

Oops lul, downvoted it a bunch before u mentioned dg drop increases! darnit jeff..

Actually wait no, that would be worse =/ DW about it

Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:40 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

FINALLY thank you jeff (my mod crystal idea is still epic). I love this idea, please dont make getting the bindomites a hassle though. As rare as dement frags would be nice :P

How about requiring 10x as much bindomites to remove the mod if you dont like it on a certain item. Or just no choice to un mod is fine with me as well. I like that its a risky procedure to.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:20 pm