Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Post Re: Proposed Class Rebalance
Im all for this rebalance not sure why its gotten so many down votes (probaby The Forgotten Cheaters). Stupid little tweaks here and there shouldnt stop this from happening. At least it gets started. I do agree though that the 1/3 dps is a bit much to take away from sniper...

Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:09 pm
Main: Evo
Level: 34

Tommeh, you lied to me about every time you wanted something, so what's the big deal? Don't lie if you don't want to be called like that >.>

Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:53 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: PlasmiteRebirth
Level: 5304

So many downvotes and voting has barely started :(

G-damn snipers protecting their Prawns and ezpz solo-ing (that, in all fairness, they have spent large amounts of $ and time making, and I can see why they'd want to protect their investment)

I hope the Devs realize that they can't rely on the votes of a playerbase that is addicted to the drug of Snipers in their current state.

Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:06 am
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

Chaosking3 wrote:
Nerfing Prawn would not balance Sniper, that is the flaw with your argument.

It is a starting point.

syberian wrote:
Tommeh, you lied to me about every time you wanted something, so what's the big deal? Don't lie if you don't want to be called like that >.>

Like what? I never lied to you about anything.

Last edited by Tomzta09 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:52 am
Team: Iron and Fire
Main: Joan Of Arcade
Level: 109

cool

Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:28 am
Profile WWW
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: babby spanch
Level: 6369

Primus wrote:
It was probably a big mistake to put this up for voting in the first place, it's something that needs to be done, cant leave it up to the players to decide on something like this.

With the rate that new suggestion rounds are started it's going to take years before any class rebalance gets done, if ever.

Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:07 am
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Putting 4 aug slots on a HF and Freighter was a bad idea to begin with.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:58 pm

heylo wrote:
Putting 4 aug slots on a HF and Freighter was a bad idea to begin with.

Thus, the downfall of SS began.

Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:57 pm
Main: Assassinat3r
Level: 2460

DrAcula wrote:
Primus wrote:
It was probably a big mistake to put this up for voting in the first place, it's something that needs to be done, cant leave it up to the players to decide on something like this.

With the rate that new suggestion rounds are started it's going to take years before any class rebalance gets done, if ever.

Agreed.

Tomzta09 wrote:
Other classes do need beefing, especially Berserker.

Why do you think Berserker needs a beef? The only justifiable change I can see right now is removing its speed limitation which through my experience has only made a difference in the time my squad's had to wait for me (well it was usually Ives tbh) to arrive before they start.

Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:08 pm
Main: sound judgment
Level: 1771

It's pretty safe to assume at this point that the class rebalance isnt going to happen at this point even though it should.

Every single dev and admin agree's that a class rebalance is needed and yet it's put up for the players to vote on it?
A class rebalance WILL happen, even if the players vote no, the suggestion might get changed a little but it will be up for voting until the playerbase votes yes. Unless the admins decide to just do it without voting. Which imo is exactly what they should do, just take it out of the voting list and do it.

Going by this thread only it looks to me like the majority of the players who have left feedback approves of the suggested class rebalance, yet it's being completely downvoted.
The people who downvote doesnt seem to leave all that much feedback, Im guessing the nr. 1 reason to vote no is "I like my OP sniper".

So I would suggest that they either just remove the whole class rebalance vote and do it all anyway or they remove the vote from this round and atleast do the nice things from the suggestion like SD, Seer and Gunner.
Then a discussion can be started about Sniper to see why people are against the suggested nerf.

Pisses me off that the awesome Gunner change will be delayed several months just because some players dont want their OP sniper nerfed. Especially since it's going to happen anyway, it's just a question of when.

Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:34 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Rhys
Level: 3919

I have a number of prawn snipers... I kinda agree they should be nerfed :P Just 33% -> 50% analysis would be a bit better, since gathering analysis is already getting the nerfbat.

Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:54 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

The SD and Gunner change should be added for sure, if not all of them.

Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:16 am
Team: White Star
Main: xXxIrishKnightxXx
Level: 20

I voted +1 for this, but thinking back i might just go downvote it 3.
Why? Yes, I do believe that classes need rebalancing. This suggestion is nothing like what we need though.
Seers need critical chance
Berzerker's need things like crit hit resist.
Fc needs more slave shields (I think)
Shmk needs maybe slave shield as well, and more diversity in its hull bonuses
Among many other ideas!
I'm all for a class change- i'm not for op speed demon.

Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:59 am
Main: sound judgment
Level: 1771

Quote:
I do believe that classes need rebalancing. This suggestion is nothing like what we need though.

Opinions are like asses, everyone has one. Leave it up to the players and a rebalance is never going to happen.

Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:14 am

Primus wrote:
Quote:
I do believe that classes need rebalancing. This suggestion is nothing like what we need though.

Opinions are like asses, everyone has one. Leave it up to the players and a rebalance is never going to happen.

Of course they will happen, when the developers actually play the classes properly for a few months, maybe a year and then come together with some of us, and discuss a real rebalance, or just one focus at a time, then they will get more people on their side. Just proposing a load of bullcrap is not going to happen. Most people saw Sniper, saw it was getting something done to it didnt even stop to think for a second about it and just voted up. Also id you think everyone who voted down was just because of sniper, sorry but you have something wrong with you. Preter has the general idea of what really needs adding in, but seers and SDs need some kind of hull bonus for DGing, I thought it'd be a good idea to give all classes the hull bonus when equipping items, the way combat classes do. When I said zerks needed a beef, I meant to lose the -speed and give it inertia dampening or -elec tempering.

Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:41 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next