Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Post Re: Scoop Changes
anilv wrote:
syberian wrote:
I think 1/sec isn't that bad, considering that electro scoop is just next level away and 2/sec seems decent already.

I'm just saying I don't see the point of making low tech scoops so slow.

"Scoop"
scoops once per 20 seconds automatically
uses 10 elect/sec

"Electro Scoop"
scoops once per 19 seconds automatically
uses 80 elect/sec

This is how I envision the mechanic will look for the first generation before rebalance patches. It's that reputation, admins!

Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:59 am
Main: Evo
Level: 34

Max235 wrote:
anilv wrote:
syberian wrote:
I think 1/sec isn't that bad, considering that electro scoop is just next level away and 2/sec seems decent already.

I'm just saying I don't see the point of making low tech scoops so slow.

"Scoop"
crashes client once per 20 seconds automatically
uses 10 elect/sec

"Electro Scoop"
crashes client per 19 seconds automatically
uses 80 elect/sec

This is how I envision the mechanic will look for the first generation before rebalance patches. It's that reputation, admins!

Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am
Main: The_Ultimatum
Level: 4307

Plis make Debris tractor beam.

(without selecting any debris) You equip tractor beam, press G, and it tractors all debris within a certain distance under your ship regardless of amount.

The tractor also would not effect your ships movement.

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i46 ... dowsig.png

Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:41 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: Event Horizon
Level: 1929

potato8 wrote:
Plis make Debris tractor beam.

(without selecting any debris) You equip tractor beam, press G, and it tractors all debris within a certain distance under your ship regardless of amount.

The tractor also would not effect your ships movement.

Just add this as a component of high tech scoops. Holding C will slowly cause debris to be sucked towards you, then scooped when in range.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:44 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

We could make attractor and repulser devices... but I think that would be a separate thing.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:05 am
Profile WWW
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

Two things: one is that I'd actually quite like an auto scoop feature as well. Would it be possible to make this a toggle of some kind? As in, I can activate an auto scoop feature for something like 20 seconds and it uses the proposed X items scooped per second mechanic? This will reduce the frustration people may feel when (for instance) flying around scooping neural keysyncs from a DG; meaning they have to release C in order to pilot their ship (either way making us hold down C is just mean!).

The other is that Ai spray credits everywhere. If you're going to base the scoop rate on the number of items please just make the credits insta-scoop.

Otherwise this definitely has my vote

Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:28 pm
Main: Prommilypicklesomnomnom
Level: 4704

JeffL wrote:
We could make attractor and repulser devices... but I think that would be a separate thing.

I smell an amazing credit sink.
I will drown all my money for one of these. I'll hold it under until the last bubble rises to the surface, then watch money flock to me. Muahahaha.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:33 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

andezrhode3 wrote:
JeffL wrote:

I smell an amazing credit sink.
I will drown all my money for one of these. I'll hold it under until the last bubble rises to the surface, then watch money flock to me. Muahahaha.

Money sinks for removing really basic annoyances sounds bad. Maybe money sinks for very high end versions, but the general idea should be in the game no matter what, and without requiring people to sink BarSkill21-level cash into having it.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:23 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

This is pretty cool, although please dont make it harder for low level players to scoop please. Current scoop mechanics should be the lowest possible scoop ratings.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:13 pm
Team: Zygort Traders
Main: Vorporal
Level: 5483

Ill suggest that there be two separate scoop buttons. One that will simply scoop all debris near you in the same manner as discussed and another hotkey/button to scoop drones which would make it significantly easier lets say 'c' and 'n' for example. It would also make it a little easier to selectively scoop when near the hull limit especially with mobile drones. Im seeing myself accidentally engaging the auto-scoop and suctioning up drones which would drive me crazy not to mention recharging em on the hop.

My 2c
Vorp

Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:00 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Yeah, mobile drones could potentially be a problem. Maybe it would be better to scoop when you first hit the key, then wait a period to scoop the next thing, but make the exception that drones will only scoop as the first thing?

Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:22 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Teh Beelzebubz
Level: 0

Why not have it so when you have a drone or debris selected your scoop acts as it normally does now and when you have nothing selected it scoops everything in a radius? Not only can this ease Engineers in combat (scoop charge only if getting low or scoop all drones up at once if low) but it can allow people with low hull ease to scoop neural keysyncs only, if they so choose.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:27 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

JeffL wrote:
Yeah, mobile drones could potentially be a problem. Maybe it would be better to scoop when you first hit the key, then wait a period to scoop the next thing, but make the exception that drones will only scoop as the first thing?

Would be really cool if Shift+C scooped only drones. I sometimes need to scoop a drone that's near death but am unable to do so due to a bunch of debris on top of it (and unable to select it for the same reason).

For the proposed auto-scoop mechanic, simply make it so that if you depress C and a non-drone item is available for scooping, auto-scoop all non-drone items. You must re-apply C to scoop a drone.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:59 pm
Team: Silent Serendipity
Main: cupcake basher
Level: 3721

JeffL wrote:
Change scooping from a one-time scoop to an active scoop, where holding down the scoop key will activate your scoop, taking a set energy per second and scooping a set number of items per second.

Add scoop range as a parameter.

Better scoops will scoop faster and have a larger scoop radius.

For example, the tech 0 scoop might scoop at 1 item per second and take 10 eps. You hold down the scoop key and after 1 second, you would get an item. The electroscoop might scoop at 2 items per second, but take 30 eps. A tech 15 Super Vacuum Scoop might be size 30, scoop at 6 items per second and have a range of 300 distance.

this as an idea is a good thing itd make scooping less painful

/signed
/cupcake masher

Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:10 am
Team: Traders
Main: KorGgenT
Level: 2525

anilv wrote:
JeffL wrote:

Would be really cool if Shift+C scooped only drones. I sometimes need to scoop a drone that's near death but am unable to do so due to a bunch of debris on top of it (and unable to select it for the same reason).

For the proposed auto-scoop mechanic, simply make it so that if you depress C and a non-drone item is available for scooping, auto-scoop all non-drone items. You must re-apply C to scoop a drone.

Please both of these.

It's all a scam! omg!!!!

Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:09 am