Team: Aidelon
Main: Aridross
Level: 4150

Post Re: Transdimentional Warping
Max235 wrote:
That is essentially the same idea (and almost the same process) as EVE. It is possible to be coded, the main question is how much of the admin lazy gene will kick in? Because I know that's going to be an Olympus-scale project for one or two people and we know how long "Add to Trade Bay" took for such a simple thing.

why is it that you're the one who checks my every point?

Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:41 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Pretty sure if JeffL is the one proposing something it can be coded...

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:03 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3234

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
anilv wrote:
Pretty sure if JeffL is the one proposing something it can be coded...

You underestimate the power of the lazy side.

Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:24 pm
Team: Zephyr
Main: XxFrostfangxX
Level: 3923

when you put your head into this topic you can get lots of strategys just like EVE

Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:19 pm
Main: Time Warp
Level: 3332

Just a couple of things:

I'm not sure if this was the original intention (but it should have been) - to allow less hassle/time consuming travel. To that end I don't believe that any class should get an advantage in traveling. IE - They shouldn't be drones, therefore engineers won't get an advantage, and FC's shouldn't be the only ones with the ability to 'warp' a group. It doesn't matter if the class is 'fleet focus' - all classes should be able to warp the group with this technology, it's just unnecessarily fair otherwise and only gives a token reason for FC's.

Using these warpers really shouldn't require any other skills or tech levels (apart from Astral Travel I guess). It should be a convenience thing NOT something that separates tiers of players.

Ideally there would be one type. Just keep it simple. Seriously.

Timmeh

/Timmeh!
I mean /signed!
sabre198 wrote:
1. Create C2
2. Time Warp quits
3. New players join
4. ... Profit?!?

Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:27 am
Team: Traders
Main: DefQon1
Level: 5100

kanescreed wrote:
kanescreed wrote:
I felt like this would be something about seers with warp 5. Guess not.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:42 am
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Mail wrote:
Using these warpers really shouldn't require any other skills or tech levels (apart from Astral Travel I guess). It should be a convenience thing NOT something that separates tiers of players.

Ideally there would be one type. Just keep it simple. Seriously.

Timmeh

The main advantage besides moving groups of people to and from ubers faster is the fact you will be able to plant forces behind enemy lines or in places where your target wouldn't think they'd come from.

Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:03 am
Team: The Dividing Contrast
Main: The Ultimatum
Level: 282

why not make it so temp beacons cannot be deployed in owned galaxies or ones where player enemies are present, would prevent large pvb squads warping into weak galaxies or as churchill said to make bvb easier, (though adv blockers and grav dis's make it easy enough already)

as enk suggested pvp invun aura really needs to be tweaked/removed for enemy Owned galaxies, this way you could essentially fortify ones near the edge of your teams territory and force any opposing teams to not just abuse the aura to get past those which are too strong to pvb. Though in ordinary pvai or pvp it should really remain in to prevent being forced to warp to sol.

also a time limit from using them could be implemented to prevent constant use for fleeing enemies

Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:56 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

Indeed. Reading from a Black Ops blog for Eve Online, I can tell you that people ...who would otherwise be 50 jumps away (with w4) on the opposite side of the universe suddenly able to plant an HQ kit right next to your galaxies, fortify it, and start to BvB the crap out of your team the next day. That's how big of a strategic advantage BO battleships and roaming capfleets pose in Eve.

Well, to tell you the truth, I wouldn't want to play your game anymore. That's more unfair than getting super cap blapped in Eve. This warping thing should exclude weaponless ships, like the Gelato, Thatch, and Singularity Sphere. If someone wants to drag a whole siege kit in to BvB anyone, they should do it in a Battle Sphere. And I checked, getting 600k hull in a BS will involve PU21.

Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:24 pm