Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
Support/PR Administrator
Main: Bageese
Level: 14

Post READ ME: Bug Reporting Guidelines
Want to help us annihilate those pesky bugs? It all starts with you! Here is a quick little guide on how to report bugs to most accurately help the dev team so we can get it on our bug tracker and get it fixed ASAP! We are aiming to start using the bug forum more often, to give you guys more information as to the status of bug fixes and eliminate the bottlenecks in the tickets.

What you should not post on the bug forum:

There are two types of bug reports which don’t belong on the bug forum:

• Losses. If you had something and suddenly a bug triggered and now you don’t have it anymore. You can still post this to the bug forum, but if you want a refund you need to submit a bug ticket. ASAP!

• Exploitable bugs. Basically the opposite of the above. You have something, bug triggered, you have more of that something. Another way of looking at it is after a bug has triggered you were given a significant advantage over another player or AI that shouldn’t be there.

Both of these we ask you go straight to the tickets. Posting exploitable bugs to the public is grounds for a ban. If you report an exploitable bug to the tickets, you’ll get a nice reward! If you find an exploitable bug such as a way to "manufacture" credits, and you continue to exploit it without reporting it, you are asking for a ban. It is never too late to turn yourself in, if you report the bug or exploit and give all illegally obtained items/credits to an admin, you can still avoid being banned.

How you should post on the bug forum:

1. Be as succinct, yet descriptive in the title as possible.

Bad Example:
    Code:
    Title: MissBageese

Okay, that’s not helpful. Is MissBageese a jerk? Is there a mission involved, what!?

Good Example:
    Code:
    Title: MissBageese mission giver does not give cookies after completing mission by giving her coffee.

Much better, it shows that MissBageese is supposed to do something but it didn’t happen even though mission parameters were fulfilled.

2. Post steps to reproduce your bug as detailed as possible or what you were doing leading up to the bug being triggered.
  3. Include as much relevant information as possible.

Bad Example:
    Code:
    AI do not attack me. I also really like cookies.

Good Example:
    Code:
     I was in a Hotrod+ using a Mag Cannon II shooting a Space Blue Beta in the Galaxy Bellatrix. He wouldn’t shoot me, so I tried to shoot another SBB, and the same thing happened! I tried to shoot an inferno though, and it shot back!

Give us as much detail as you can without going overboard on it. If we need more detail to isolate the bug. We’ll ask.

4. If you’re getting a graphics error you might be asked to submit a dxdiag in a ticket. Here is a link for more information on how to generate one.
  5. One bug per post! It helps us keep things far more organized and on point!

Giving us steps to reproduce your bug so we can replicate it on our own machines gives us mostly what we need to fix it. If we determine that the bug you reported is actually an intended feature we’ll respond and move the topic to the archive.

Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:27 pm
Support/PR Administrator
Main: Bageese
Level: 14

Post Re: Bug Reporting Tips & Tricks!
By the way we are really trying to make sure our tracker is up to date, so we highly encourage you to post bugs that have been around for a while, just so we can double check it with our tracker! :D

Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:38 pm
Main: The Vert
Level: 60

Post Re: Bug Reporting Tips & Tricks!
A small and gentle reminder about this important topic to help improve the developers jobs and your gaming experience! :D

It seems that we can't say this enough times, so here we go again:

bageese wrote:
There are two types of bug reports which don’t belong on the bug forum, that should be reported in a support ticket:

1. Losses.

If you had something and suddenly a bug triggered and now you don’t have it anymore. You can still post this to the bug forum, but if you want a refund you need to submit a bug ticket. ASAP!

2. Exploitable bugs.

Basically the opposite of the above. You have something, bug triggered, you have more of that something. Another way of looking at it is after a bug has triggered you were given a significant advantage over another player or AI that shouldn’t be there.

If your everyday bug report does not fall into any of these categories, report them in the right subforum in the bug forum. One of our developers will get back to you with a reply there as soon as possible.

You can also send me a private message if you have any questions :D As a rule of thumb, most bug reports should be reported on the forum, so you can also contact me if you are uncertain to where a bug should be reported.

If you need examples of bugs that should be reported in the bug forum, just take a peak at previous posts and see if they are similar to your bug. And finally, common sense applies to all of the above :wink:

Please check these Bug report guidelines before you make your first bug report, or if you are uncertain on how to do it.

Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:15 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]