Team: Zephyr
Main: Kval
Level: 2097

Post Some base maths in a spreadsheet
Made with openoffice, not sure if works with excel but can be used to quickly calculate things you may need in-game or cannot be bothered to work out.

Temporary Note on extraction rates!
[Commodities 0.67 / day / extractor]
[Nuke Waste 2 / min / extractor]
[All other 6 / min / extractor]

To enter the commodities one into the database (such as jelly beans or frozen blobs), the "0.00047" per minute will provide semi-accuracy.

http://i.imgur.com/JwVVnIn.png
there is a picture of him

http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/12368265/file.html
and here is the document

http://www54.zippyshare.com/v/27947282/file.html
and here is the .zip file containing the document for the extremely wary and untrusting.

How to use the spreadsheet:

Add in how many things you have or require where it asks and it will do the math for you. I may make the sheet more complicated in future to handle bigger things like math on augs and stuff but for now this will do (as my crests are nearly made!)

What are these links? I am skeptical. You have less than 3000 posts and no current contribution to our community. RAWR. (see beneath if you are of this kind)

Zippyshare is a filesharing site where you can share your things
imgur is an image uploading site where you can share your images

Last edited by kval on Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:01 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Some base maths in a spreadsheet
Seems cool. For the extraction section it would be a nice improvement if you could hard-code the extraction rate of common commods instead of requiring the player to measure it and input that himself.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:41 pm

Yes he will be needing some updating, do you have any of these extraction rates?

Data is extremely difficult to collect with 1 character, no budget and a refusal to pay for a monopolized SM 20.

I do know that jelly beans, copper and vis seem to take a long time (around an hour) to make just one and i can only imagine this gets worse when it comes to frozen blobs and dark matter.

Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:52 pm
over 9000!

All basic commods except Nukes are 6/min, Nukes are 2/min. Most others are approximately 0.67 per day. There are a few exceptions like decayable commods and Psion Icicles but I am not sure how those work.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:59 pm

anilv wrote:
All basic commods except Nukes are 6/min, Nukes are 2/min. Most others are approximately 0.67 per day. There are a few exceptions like decayable commods and Psion Icicles but I am not sure how those work.

Are you sure about the commods / day? I am pretty sure overnight a total of 34 jelly beans were extracted with only 14 extractors on the base. Though i -am- extraction expert... It makes it extremely tricky to calculate.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:02 am
over 9000!

I am quite sure. And it's not tricky at all to adjust for ExE. Just divide by 0.935^L where L is the level you have in ExE.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:15 am

anilv wrote:
I am quite sure. And it's not tricky at all to adjust for ExE. Just divide by 0.935^L where L is the level you have in ExE.

Ah! But my level in ExE changed daily and that is the difficult factor. Now i no longer have bases in wild.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:19 am
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

Extractors have a power rating and some extract faster (or slower) than others. Although most extractors have a power of 1, some have higher.

Also, build time is effected by multibuild discount. ;)

Support

Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:35 am

Blue Dwarf wrote:
Extractors have a power rating and some extract faster (or slower) than others. Although most extractors have a power of 1, some have higher.

Gimme some numbers and ill work them in.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:07 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: number666.5
Level: 8921

Blue Dwarf wrote:

adv, earthforce, undead, normal fermium and xmas have 2 iirc
not sure about hte MB bonus thing, all i know atm it starts with 9 builds giving 1 free to the items/commods that it can. and it ends with 1k giving 300 free.
i have seen on our team forums somewhere the exact calculation for it, will take a look there

Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:31 am
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

lordjeroen wrote:
Blue Dwarf wrote:

adv, earthforce, undead, normal fermium and xmas have 2 iirc
not sure about hte MB bonus thing, all i know atm it starts with 9 builds giving 1 free to the items/commods that it can. and it ends with 1k giving 300 free.
i have seen on our team forums somewhere the exact calculation for it, will take a look there

It's actually 271 you get for free, but the calculation for that is on the wiki (and my IRC bot does it as a command: !savings (builds) [numItems]).

As for the power ratings, Advanced, Earthforce, Undead and Christmas Extractors don't all have a rating of 2. Although 2 is just about the highest you'll be able to find anywhere, maybe this should go in the stat string.

Support

Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:45 pm