Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Post Re: llivetest run
Im going to miss MF 5, although MF 3 will make a ton of more ships viable for zerk including PW and prawn. Imagine how effective PW zerks are going to be now.

Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:33 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: PlasmiteRebirth
Level: 5304

Blue Dwarf wrote:
SodaPop wrote:
Thing is, most zerker-focus augs give ROF. If you give the class inbuilt ROF, it will reach ROF cap -very- quickly. I'd rather you just keep the class at MF5 then mess it up with the rebalance as it's currently stated.

I highly doubt this as the more you add the less you actually add (due to how the math works).

However if it really is an issue, we can tweak things, these things aren't final at all. XD

Yea I'm not freaking out about it or anything, just trying to point out things.

Or, you can just give us a t21-22 aug that gives Damage, Resists, and no ROF. That is also an option :D

Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:46 pm
Main: Sun Tzu
Level: 1

Or augs that reduce RoF for increased damage or crits.

Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:48 pm
Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: yclept
Level: 2002

The RoF bonus on Berserker was only a placeholder we put there to keep in mind that we needed to take a new look at Berserker DPS and DPE after changing their Multifiring level. In my current proposal Berserker I've actually not resorted to any RoF bonus at all; instead I've just giving Berserker some bonus Damage and removed the Elec Tempering from class.

Anyway, if we do end up putting RoF on the class I will personally make sure that it doesn't even get close to the RoF cap in any reasonable setup. So don't worry about that and enjoy your extra weapon slots.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. You may know me in-game as enkelin. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:52 pm

yclepticon wrote:
The RoF bonus on Berserker was only a placeholder we put there to keep in mind that we needed to take a new look at Berserker DPS and DPE after changing their Multifiring level. In my current proposal Berserker I've actually not resorted to any RoF bonus at all; instead I've just giving Berserker some bonus Damage and removed the Elec Tempering from class.

Anyway, if we do end up putting RoF on the class I will personally make sure that it doesn't even get close to the RoF cap in any reasonable setup. So don't worry about that and enjoy your extra weapon slots.

Phew, thanks.

Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:09 pm
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

so is the zerker rebalance about keeping same dps and dpe? whats the point in it then if your keeping everything flat, just changing mf5 to mf3? obviously I understand we can use more weap variety by doing this. But if sniper dps is coming down shouldn't berserker dps come up?

Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:11 pm
Profile WWW

Changing dps from 5 to 3 is a huge beef already, i would love more dps but i honestly think it will be fine if it stays the same.

Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:18 pm
Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: yclept
Level: 2002

sabre198 wrote:
so is the zerker rebalance about keeping same dps and dpe? whats the point in it then if your keeping everything flat, just changing mf5 to mf3? obviously I understand we can use more weap variety by doing this. But if sniper dps is coming down shouldn't berserker dps come up?

I didn't say that we are insisting on keeping the same DPS and DPE. I just said that we need to LOOK at those values since going from MF 5 to MF 3 is a big change. Just hold tight for now and you will soon get a chance to test what we have come up with.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. You may know me in-game as enkelin. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:20 pm
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

ripcurl111 wrote:
The Salty One wrote:
Hang about. If you're removing the ROF bonus and halving critical hits/damage that's quite a bit more than 'halved' dps on sniper analysis.

Stop. Halfing the effects is one thing, removing the firing rate is something else.

Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:45 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

sabre198 wrote:

So you're saying berserkers should flat out be the dps+ tank class again? I can see absolutely no way in which the nerfing of one class for being OP warrants the beefing of the 'OP' class it replaced.

Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:19 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

The Salty One wrote:
sabre198 wrote:

So you're saying berserkers should flat out be the dps+ tank class again? I can see absolutely no way in which the nerfing of one class for being OP warrants the beefing of the 'OP' class it replaced.

logic ahoy

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:52 pm
Main: PlasmiteRebirth
Level: 5304

The Salty One wrote:
sabre198 wrote:

To be quite honest I believe zerkers -should- do more raw damage than snipers. But snipers get the amazing range, tracking, and projectile speed bonuses, so their damage LANDS NO MATTER WHAT. With zerker's joke speed and no range bonuses, They SHOULD do more damage if they actually land their shots.

Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:00 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Giving Zerks the best DPS in addition to the best hostility and tanking would be incredibly counterproductive to the goal of diversifying squad composition.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:52 pm
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3234

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
Stop thinking of Drone Repair as part of the class rebalance. It should be implemented NOW, far ahead of the rebalance. Engineers should no longer lose drones, ever, right now. Fuck waiting for that if it's already coded.

Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:12 pm
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Blue Dwarf wrote:
sabre198 wrote:
In that case I suggest in your next discussion on it bring up the possibility of replacing ROF with damage and report back to the community.

We'd have to make it so that Berserker's weapons take more firing energy (+electrical tempering) to keep it at the same overall DPE I believe. I don't think people would approve of that, it'd impact negatively on the electrical tempering in their regen setups.

I don't think switching RoF to DMG would be that much of an issue. Right now zerkers need to aug heavily for regen. Basic t20 setup is 2 CaZ, watt. Commonly used wattage setup is 2 CaZ, (d)watt. Giving zerkers better DPE would give them more options for ship augs. Zerkers are underpowered and useless in some areas (t22) right now.

Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:42 pm