Team: Star Revolution X
Main: PlasmiteRebirth
Level: 5304

Post Re: llivetest run
Antilzah wrote:
I don't think switching RoF to DMG would be that much of an issue. Right now zerkers need to aug heavily for regen. Basic t20 setup is 2 CaZ, watt. Commonly used wattage setup is 2 CaZ, (d)watt. Giving zerkers better DPE would give them more options for ship augs. Zerkers are underpowered and useless in some areas (t22) right now.

When zerkers put enough augs into regen and whatnot, they have -hilariously low- range and tracking. If the bosses are mobile at all it's a toss up whether you hit them.

Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:50 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

SodaPop wrote:
Antilzah wrote:
I don't think switching RoF to DMG would be that much of an issue. Right now zerkers need to aug heavily for regen. Basic t20 setup is 2 CaZ, watt. Commonly used wattage setup is 2 CaZ, (d)watt. Giving zerkers better DPE would give them more options for ship augs. Zerkers are underpowered and useless in some areas (t22) right now.

When zerkers put enough augs into regen and whatnot, they have -hilariously low- range and tracking. If the bosses are mobile at all it's a toss up whether you hit them.

Use tractor FC or engineer for holding boss.

Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:47 am

Antilzah wrote:
SodaPop wrote:
Antilzah wrote:

Use tractor FC or engineer for holding boss.

So Zerkers need a ShM to heal them, Engi to elec them, and another guy to hold down his target?

Yea, I think it's okay if he gets to do more damage than Sniper if he sets all that up.

Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:45 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

People used to use Berserker Lions with 2 Vulture DRage. That setup has so little range it would make you cry. And yet they soloed stuff like Primal Lion with it. True solo.

I think you are not thinking creatively enough with Berserker. Of course if you use a crummy regen setup with no range, you may need someone to spoon feed you.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:14 am
Main: Sun Tzu
Level: 1

There are two issues with that, Plasmite. Boss fights are pretty damn short range most of the time. And admins don't like primary DPS platform also being the tank.

I'm all for short range classes having more DPS than long range classes, but Star Sonata doesn't support that concept well.

Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:21 am
Team: Commonwealth
Main: Freddie Fender
Level: 3119

WTF, you lot are not only halving sniper analysis and requiring the sniper to stand out in the open field while shooting, you are also cutting his rate of fire when he does reveal his position. Do you even know what sniper mean?

Nice two step plan.
1. Buff everyone. Nerf Sniper.
2. Watch everyone unsub because the drop rates of decent loot are way too low to share with full squads, thats why everyone does pvai with sniper/shm pairing

Good Job killing SS. You lot think you improve it, but all you do is add stupid, annoying time consumming bullshit!

/rant

Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:55 pm

crnerblitz wrote:
WTF, you lot are not only halving sniper analysis and requiring the sniper to stand out in the open field while shooting, you are also cutting his rate of fire when he does reveal his position. Do you even know what sniper mean?

Nice two step plan.
1. Buff everyone. Nerf Sniper.
2. Watch everyone unsub because the drop rates of decent loot are way too low to share with full squads, thats why everyone does pvai with sniper/shm pairing

Good Job killing SS. You lot think you improve it, but all you do is add stupid, annoying time consumming bullshit!

/rant

Theyre lowering the power of the content, and buffing other classes

Replace sniper with any other viable class in the future to do content by yourself (including sniper)

that's the hope, at least.

And please, don't pretend like the word "Sniper" means anything except "long range damage." If you want to get into real world parallels things get ridiculous -fast-

Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:18 am
Main: Combustion
Level: 4532

All they need to do is add Berzerker, SD, "anything that uses weps as a base DPS" analysis. Hell Engineer, seer and slave analysis sounds great imo. BUT NO ShM ANAL, NO ShM ANAL FOR YOU!

Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:59 am
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

so in summary, berserkers remain just as crap as they are now (although with another set of weaps), and sniper will be nerfed down to that level of crapness to equalise. But dont worry the whole ai strength level will be brought down to match that level of crapness. However the latter part of rebalancing all content is an incredible amount of work so I can see it probaly wont happen.

Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:09 am
Profile WWW
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

Will be a kick in the balls for PVP. Will be Prawns only now.

Remove the speed loss on Zerk. As for charging up fighter bays, you really are making things worse..

Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:20 am
Main: Scyron
Level: 8163

Tomzta09 wrote:
Will be a kick in the balls for PVP. Will be Prawns only now.

How do you reckon?

Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:51 am
Profile WWW