Press Corps
Team: Aidelon
Main: DragonGod (Slaver)
Level: 4121

Post Mission Complete Symbol Over Bases Without Missions
Been seeing the "completed mission" symbol over a lot of AI stations that don't have missions. At least they don't have missions for me. Not sure what the cause is here, but I do have a few missions in my mission log that have status "completed" maybe that has something to do with it?

Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:29 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Mission Complete Symbol Over Bases Without Missions
If you have any mission to deliver a commod like Rations and that AI base has Rations for sale, you get the symbol.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:45 pm
Press Corps

That's... Interesting. And I think it is still a bug.

Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:29 pm
Main: The Vert
Level: 60

Thanks for the report :) As enkelin said, this is due to missions that needs commodities like rations, metals and nuclear waste to finish. That is why you get the mission symbol. I will make a note on it and see if we can tweak this, but I too don't think this is a bug.

Please check these Bug report guidelines before you make your first bug report, or if you are uncertain on how to do it.

Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:51 am

Upon investigating, this isn't a bug. If you have a mission that requires AI base commodities, that you aren't actively working on, I suggest you deactivate the mission (not abort!) and then the mission symbol will go away if that mission was the one that triggered it :wink:

Please check these Bug report guidelines before you make your first bug report, or if you are uncertain on how to do it.

Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:22 am
Press Corps

Thanks for the confirmation Vert. I will do that, because it's annoying to try to dock at a base for a mission and it doesn't have anything. xP

Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:45 pm
Main: Thaj
Level: 2058

Could you just change the symbol little bit? I know that this "hint" symbol is smaller and in different location compared to "mission complete" symbol but it is still tad confusing sometimes. Could it be just different color or something?

Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:02 am

Thaj wrote:
Could you just change the symbol little bit? I know that this "hint" symbol is smaller and in different location compared to "mission complete" symbol but it is still tad confusing sometimes. Could it be just different color or something?

I'll forward your request to some other developers and see what they say :)

Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:14 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Chemo
Level: 3621

I still feel this is a bug because you cannot finish the mission at that base and this is also new behaviour that has been recently added.

Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:27 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

the whole mission tracker system needs reworking but as its boring, volunteer devs will never look at it.

Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:52 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Zalistar
Level: 7256

Greetings...

It IS a bug. It's been that way since I first started playing about 3 months ago. But I noticed that it has more to do with Augmenter tweeking missions. That's when I first noticed it. That every station in a system will show red floaties ( as if a mission was completed there) UNLESS you actually have a completed mission at a station IN that system.

In other words: If I have no completed contracts in Strontium and I go there, all 5 of the stations will show red floaties, If I have a completed contract, then only the one where the mission is will show red.

The only times I have ever seen the stations actually work as advertised was BEFORE I ever started Augmenter Tweeking missions, or when I complete a round of them. As soon as I start the next mission in the chain, it all starts up again.

I've actually found it to be useful - it makes docking at earth from the Transwarp gate actually easier - as earth central shows red while the Emp club does not. When it's not being a bug - it's in the standard vein of developer ideology for this game - the intentional annoyance of the player base on purpose of lets make it difficult to dock at earth by making 2 stations with the exact same symbol right next to each other...

Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:55 pm

Well, the symbol itself isn't a mission complete symbol, it is a symbol that indicates that this station has commodities or is a requirement in any of your active missions.

For the rest of the post you made I struggle with understanding what you are trying to say or if it is relevant to this bug report?

Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:33 pm

Greetings...

yes it is - the top swirly gold glowing coin looking thingy on a station - as if it the target of a mission. The same symbol that shows up on AI ships, or warp gates if you have a mission to kill it or go there. What the OP was talking about.

When that is active - EVEN IF there is no mission then the station icon that shows up (called FLOATIES in the Graphics options) on the edge of the screen - glows RED...

It began happening on MY client the instant I started the very first Augmmenter Tweeking mission, and it continues to do it - until I finish that STAGE of Tweeking mission - until I have to bring the commods for them to build a new neurotraining machine. AT THAT POINT: It stops... And everything becomes "Normal"...

I have found it to be useful in some small way....

Now are you clear if my post was relevant?

Sat May 10, 2014 1:33 pm

Ok, now I see thank you :) I am trying to reproduce this, and I opened up a bunch of Augmenter Tweaking missions, but none of my floaties for AI bases glow red :| So that does not seem to be the source. Are you certain that it is the AT missions that does this, and not just a regular mission that asks for metals or some other AI base commodity? :) Or a mission that wants you to level up a skill?

Thu May 15, 2014 3:26 pm

Greetings...

The AT missions was when it first started happening to me, and when I completed a certain "level" of them - the time when the base asks you for commods to build the new neuro training booth - so that you can get the next set of missions (turn in the next set of aug condensers) is when it stopped showing up.

But in the last few months - other things also seem to make it happen or make it go away. For example, when I turned in the entertainment suite in Blue Photon for Station management 19, that made the gold coin symbols STOP, but then the next day when I got the mission to turn in the next suite for StM 20 they started again...

So it has SOMETHING to do with missions - who knows what...

Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:41 am