Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Curse
Level: 5572

Post Re: Augmenter Bonus Calculation
isn't there ship builder?

derpy is best pony

most fun to play with wings ^_^

Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:52 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

This is for people who actually want to know how the calculations work, instead of getting results out for a specific setup.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:03 am
Main: Shadow Wolf
Level: 3550

Here should be a zip file containing pictures of the formulas typed into Word, making them a little easier to read.

Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:38 pm
over 9000!

Thanks, those look really great. It seems the forum is a tad broken right now as I don't have the option to upload attachments… once it's fixed I will definitely slot those images in.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:10 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Vitruvius
Level: 3998

Man, formulas so hard, viewed this page 4800 times.

Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:09 pm
over 9000!

Pandine wrote:
Man, formulas so hard, viewed this page 4800 times.

So it was youuuuuu

Also BUMP for new formatting on the math, courtesy of Shadow Wolf.

Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:38 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Please help me explain why this is just wrong. So goddamn wrong.

He told me he used AT25 and IT3.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:36 am
over 9000!

I am not sure where those elec temp numbers are coming from. Nothing obvious seems to arrive at them. At any rate he is clearly not doing a proper treatment of the negative bonuses which I explain on the first page.

Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:07 am

anilv wrote:
I am not sure where those elec temp numbers are coming from. Nothing obvious seems to arrive at them. At any rate he is clearly not doing a proper treatment of the negative bonuses which I explain on the first page.

He is using the base stat, say CaL -3% temp. Doubling it to 6, and then adding another 3% ending up with 6.18%. He does the same for emp and Tarkins.

Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:06 pm
over 9000!

Why is he adding another -3%? Anyway, even the part where he doubles -3% to -6% is wrong. I clearly explain the proper approach in the guide.

Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:08 pm

anilv wrote:
Why is he adding another -3%? Anyway, even the part where he doubles -3% to -6% is wrong. I clearly explain the proper approach in the guide.

AT25 and Imp Tweak 3. I can't explain to him how wrong he is. XD

His setup involved 2 Divine Wattage Augs, which gave him well over -100% elec temp in his excel sheet. I laughed and he told me I was wrong.

Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:09 pm
over 9000!

Well unless he is gaining energy while firing his weapons I think we both know who the wrong one is.

Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:51 pm

anilv wrote:
Well unless he is gaining energy while firing his weapons I think we both know who the wrong one is.

I tried so hard to explain that too him, but he didn't believe me. Said he came up correct when he tested it. I was like wat.

Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:16 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Brugle
Level: 4111

So I tried to make a calculator.. Missing alot of augmenters and not possible to put any equipment on the ship, so kinda basic. However just wanted someone to double check the calculation at this point.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J4_zRVwt9PZuKZMs4MSrIFrL79k3X4joaniyzAe0lhw/edit?usp=sharing

Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:02 am
over 9000!

I took the liberty of changing the formula in Calculation 2, column L, to the correct value. You had a + sign where a - sign was required. The calculation will now work correctly for any combination of positive and negative augmenters. When in doubt, just remember that if there is no Augmenter Tweaking, a single negative augmod should come out the same as it went in.

BUT

You are currently not combining Augmenters properly with Overloaders and Ship augmods. Between columns K and L on that sheet, there needs to be a step where the Overloader and Ship contribution is added in. You cannot simply wait till the end and add them together as you are currently doing in the Ship Calculator tab.

The same is true for any other augmod on gear, such as the +20% Damage on a Zombie Bunny Stop. It is ultimately up to you whether you want your calculator to encompass all gear or not, but with the great framework you have set up it would seem a real shame to stop just short of the finish line. To be clear, the problem is that in the presence of any negative augmods it is not at all trivial to predict the effect of adding another augmod (such as from a shield or other item).

You are also currently ignoring any negative aug bonuses in your Ship Calculator tab. I assume you'll rectify this now that the calculation has been fixed for negative bonuses?

On the matter of organization, I'm not sure it's necessary to include all seven damage types for Overloaders. To my knowledge there are only +Damage (all) and +Transference Power (which is actually a bona fide augmod in its own right).

Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:31 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next