Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Ada Souls vs Star Revolution X (vs AUSTRALIA vs Mercs)
SunDog60 wrote:
Okay, well that was last uni, this uni we actually put in some investment into our systems, and collect the adamantium to build ada kits for next uni (which we now have too much adamantium than we know what to do with).

Build ada sheets in batches of 1k, for starters. If you still got leftovers then well, you win the game I guess.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon May 04, 2015 10:30 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Post Re: Ada Souls vs Star Revolution X (vs AUSTRALIA)
Mountain wrote:
talking with srx members, they could have easily held off ada souls. they had the surplus resources that were not being used for ships and player gear. they just chose not to. at the beginning of this universe, based off their previous full wipes, srx had a conscious decision to forgo any wild space investment. if someone came along and wanted to knock galaxies down, who cares? their entire space was deliberately made expendable. aside from one or two people.

my point is that they weren't gonna break themselves financially, and they were fighting a much weaker enemy. this is not like the uk accepting help from the us to fight nazi germany. this is like the uk accepting help from america to fight argentina in the falklands war because the uk is losing ... somehow.

they had the resources, they had the manpower, they had the financial capital, they had multiple timezones to attack from, and they were losing. and not only were they losing, but they were losing to a one man team at the end of the rope. ada souls was actually begging people to use their prod to build basic base gear prior to attacking srx.

that's why i'm disappointed with srx.

Looks like this is bad information on your part. Even if it wasn't though, zero resource draw is always better than a resource draw. If you can do something for free, or exponentially cheaper, carrying out any other option is asinine.

Tue May 05, 2015 6:46 am
Main: Everest
Level: 1

Post Re: Ada Souls vs Star Revolution X (vs AUSTRALIA and Mercs t
yes, it was bad information on my part. it was rf, not ef, that help was accepted from. rf is i believe srxs ally or at least friend at or before the present, but technically that is still a net loss.

as far as i understand from tallking to srx, the means to and morality level to withstand ada souls was only done after a few recent members joined. had these members not joined, srx would have either let their space die or packed it up in a hasty retreat. the surplus supplies was built up in a matter of days, tho, when previously that would have been to waste (not bothering to obtain). it would have been like the previous 3 wipes

still, this is pretty much the same as if traders was losing to infernal empire pre wipe and accepting help from eminece front to defeat the 'all powerful' (rofllmfao) infernal empire. while technically traders (itself, not traders and eminece front tallied together) would not have lost material, and that is good. but really? any rep you had would be gone and that's my point. being laughingstock of the game is a very bad thing when rep determines first line of defense and most of your recruitment results. especially if your not emimece front, traders, red faction, and mmmaybe zephyr.

Tue May 05, 2015 9:11 am
Team: Red Faction
Main: Paladinofdoom
Level: 3693

Mountain wrote:
as far as i understand from tallking to srx, the means to and morality level to withstand ada souls was only done after a few recent members joined. had these members not joined, srx would have either let their space die or packed it up in a hasty retreat.

If you mean the merge of Someone Else's Problem, there are plenty of people on SRX who are as competent, or more so, as myself. They'd have been just fine without me being their Problem now. ;)

And I was trying to push us to pack up rather than waste money defending with 2 weeks to go.

This guy gets my full Jiggle!

He is full of awesomesauce, and Jigglyness, buy from him!

Kanga

Tue May 05, 2015 9:26 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Mountain wrote:
any rep you had would be gone and that's my point. being laughingstock of the game is a very bad thing when rep determines first line of defense and most of your recruitment results.

This 'aint 2009. Rep means jack shit.

Tue May 05, 2015 10:32 am
Profile WWW
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

sabre198 wrote:
Mountain wrote:
any rep you had would be gone and that's my point. being laughingstock of the game is a very bad thing when rep determines first line of defense and most of your recruitment results.

Agreed. Look at me. Known "scammer" and leader of a top 3 team. Wonder why no one has killed me yet.

Tue May 05, 2015 10:36 am
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

ELITE wrote:
sabre198 wrote:
Mountain wrote:

Agreed. Look at me. Known "scammer" and leader of a top 3 team. Wonder why no one has killed me yet.

Tue May 05, 2015 10:42 am

ELITE wrote:
sabre198 wrote:
Mountain wrote:

/me gets the blender again <3

Grats on top 3, btw.

Kanga

Tue May 05, 2015 12:22 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: Aridross
Level: 4150

I'm trying to not pay attention to this topic, and just level myself up in peace. the last thing I need is to have to join a war that's at least 1000 levels above my gear range.

Tue May 05, 2015 1:51 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

If anything, SRX has gained rep in my eyes.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue May 05, 2015 2:45 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Evade
Level: 5731

starwyrm OP.

Tue May 05, 2015 3:43 pm
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

I liked the way the guy who posts anonymously goes on about rep...

Tue May 05, 2015 3:44 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Tanamant
Level: 2555

Shantone02 wrote:
Why do people refer to AS as if it were such a large team, it's 13 and only 13 last I checked.... And I have reasons to believe SRX had help from another player who built bases to help them take back Executor but I guess I'll just keep that to myself... I cba to get warred for stating the facts.

I have reasons to believe you're entirely wrong and you're just annoyed the side you were rooting for lost.

OH wait, that's true!

Tue May 05, 2015 6:24 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Kinetic
Level: 4707

Tarsas wrote:
Shantone02 wrote:
Why do people refer to AS as if it were such a large team, it's 13 and only 13 last I checked.... And I have reasons to believe SRX had help from another player who built bases to help them take back Executor but I guess I'll just keep that to myself... I cba to get warred for stating the facts.

I have reasons to believe you're entirely wrong and you're just annoyed the side you were rooting for lost.

OH wait, that's true!

I'm 75% sure you're using IS Proddy for the needs of -13- just like you wanted to use FTM proddie and i got you booted :lol:

Tue May 05, 2015 6:30 pm

Shantone02 wrote:

While this may have been correct when Shantone02 wrote this, it's now like 3-4 people or more. Recruitment OP, nerf plz!

Kanga

Tue May 05, 2015 6:31 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next