Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Post Re: The State of BvB in Star Sonata
Antilzah wrote:
What about non-base augs?

Can't be used on bases next uni. No more resist augs on kits, thank the lord.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:16 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Cool. No more everlasting ops either.

Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:58 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Antilzah wrote:
Cool. No more everlasting ops either.

As long as they put in some decent base-only items to replace this kind of stuff, I don't care.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:06 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: Danger
Level: 7164

I'd like to see Spirit of the Elephant and other of those, because all you gotta do is make baby versions of the real ones to replace the Angel aug and a few others that I liked to use for my extraction kits. Would also help low levels have more variety in auging their kits

Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:05 pm
Main: Spatzz
Level: 3104

That's brilliant. Plus it would be smart to give a low level zone like the Jungle some end game farming reasons, gives the noobs money and the end gamers a constant source.

Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:14 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Chaosking3 wrote:
That's brilliant. Plus it would be smart to give a low level zone like the Jungle some end game farming reasons, gives the noobs money and the end gamers a constant source.

I feel like The Jungle isn't instanced, but seeing as I've never done it myself I'll just let someone else correct me.

Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:33 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: SunDog60
Level: 6541

ELITE wrote:
Chaosking3 wrote:

I feel like The Jungle isn't instanced, but seeing as I've never done it myself I'll just let someone else correct me.

None of Jungle is instanced (though possibly the Bear boss room is, not sure on that one), but the respawn on the bosses is fairly quick.

Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:05 am
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: The SI
Level: 2016

Its been suggested in the past and we do have some tech 12 spirit augs incoming for bases. I'll make a separate topic here soon to discuss which items we have replacements for, and which ones you guys feel that we have missed.

Hey, I'm Ryan! I've been playing Star Sonata since early 2005 and I've been involved with the development of the game since 2009. I do server and client programming mainly focusing on bug fixes, but I've also dabbled in creating a little bit of content too such as Captain Kidd.

Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:04 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

SI wrote:
Its been suggested in the past and we do have some tech 12 spirit augs incoming for bases. I'll make a separate topic here soon to discuss which items we have replacements for, and which ones you guys feel that we have missed.

So if we get t12 spirit augs, can we get instancing in that area? Otherwise the supply is going to dry up in about a uni.

Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:38 pm
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

You know, after reading this I realized something:

Base Shield Transference might be the reason it's hard to balance defense vs offense.

If bases didn't heal each other the way they do, the admins could come up with ways for players to actually interact with enemy bases in stead of more dakka.

Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:06 am
over 9000!

MasterTrader wrote:

Base Shield Transference might be the reason it's hard to balance defense vs offense.

If bases didn't heal each other the way they do, the admins could come up with ways for players to actually interact with enemy bases in stead of more dakka.

If bases didn't have healing weapons, how exactly would you prevent the attackers from wtfwrecking everything?

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:53 pm
Contributor

anilv wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:

If bases didn't have healing weapons, how exactly would you prevent the attackers from wtfwrecking everything?

Invulnerability phases to give the defending team time to react. Higher effective shields on bases so that it takes longer to kill them. Extending the duration of fights through other mechanics, like making base weapons Anti player ship defenses primarily and giving them "Super Weapons" that are much more effective against bases, but have cooldowns and need to be used multiple times in order to crack a base... which wouldn't be that big of an issue seeing as bases wouldn't have insane amounts of effective health due to not having shield transference for bases... and progress to the next phase of that bases destruction.

And if you do that, then you might want to consider increasing the power and economic value of individual bases.

Things that don't exist in this game at the moment and that may not ever exist in the game. They don't have to be done, some of them may not even fit within the context of Star Sonata, but they are options.

Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:31 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: Danger
Level: 7164

So the team with the most shms wins? Kind of a stupid idea. Bases heal other bases so that you can't just burst down 1 base and then another until there are none left. The attacker just has to sit on the edge of the system while their bases mag down bases and anyone who tries to get near them.

Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:10 pm
over 9000!

MasterTrader wrote:
anilv wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:

Invulnerability phases to give the defending team time to react. Higher effective shields on bases so that it takes longer to kill them. Extending the duration of fights through other mechanics, like making base weapons Anti player ship defenses primarily and giving them "Super Weapons" that are much more effective against bases, but have cooldowns and need to be used multiple times in order to crack a base... which wouldn't be that big of an issue seeing as bases wouldn't have insane amounts of effective health due to not having shield transference for bases... and progress to the next phase of that bases destruction.

And if you do that, then you might want to consider increasing the power and economic value of individual bases.

Things that don't exist in this game at the moment and that may not ever exist in the game. They don't have to be done, some of them may not even fit within the context of Star Sonata, but they are options.

You're describing a completely different kind of combat role for bases. I guess my question would be… why? Bases are better balanced now than they have ever been. Just look at all the mid-level teams that a thriving with a sensible investment in base defense (and the few who are not because they skimped on defense to an embarrassing degree).

Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:00 pm
Contributor

Like I said in that very same post:

Quote:

Danger wrote:
So the team with the most shms wins? Kind of a stupid idea. Bases heal other bases so that you can't just burst down 1 base and then another until there are none left. The attacker just has to sit on the edge of the system while their bases mag down bases and anyone who tries to get near them.

Transference Immunity. That problem is now solved. See how easy it is when you consider things that are completely outside of the box? There's no need to do anything I suggested, its just another angle of coming at the "supposed" issue.

Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:18 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next