Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Post Re: Speed Demon Guide
Tenshi wrote:
What augmenters do high lvl SDs use these days anyway? Talking about the t21 - 22 range.

Well I am glad you asked. They use Emp, Divine Wattage, CAL, Raging Dio. Also they reset their class to sniper and fly a prawn.

Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:43 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Reaver, CoH+,CaP, x for t21. T22 uses hantr psu instead.

Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:22 am
Main: king kone
Level: 37

The game is just not very supportive of "gotta go fast" mentality that is SD. Nor is it particularly too savvy about Sniper/Gunner and long range setups. Seer has it the roughest with the nasty PPS script and their relative lack of defense. And the admins just hate Engineer for some damned reason.

Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:34 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Double CaP on an SD? :lol: The RoF Cap exists you know.

CaLs will still overcap you with that setup on most weapons.

Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:38 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Who said anything about double CaP?

Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:40 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Antilzah wrote:
Who said anything about double CaP?

Reading is hard. Either way, CaL better!

Reaver/CoH+ is baseline for t21-22 pvp for sure, the other two augs are whatever you want. I used Tarkin's/Emp a while back when Cads were the wtfOP of the month. Just to tank the others lol. Emp CaL is my go to atm.

Or Anger/Emp if you're feeling ballsy.

Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:43 pm
Main: Obliterator200
Level: 3493

Speed demons already have a lot of rate of fire bonus, so CaP isn't as good as CaL and will end up draining more electricity, IF you don't reach maximum RoF.

Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:42 pm
Team: The Great Armada
Main: Xonok6
Level: 602

Since class skills apply after ship bonuses(including augs), then getting RoF from class skills does not inherently make RoF from augs weaker.
It can still kill your energy, but that's not a very big efficiency loss unless you go for sustained damage.

Example: A speed demon with 120% RoF bonus from class skills and 100% from augs(after AT) will get 100%*2.2*2=440% RoF, not 100%*(1+1.2+1)=320%.

Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:50 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Xonok2 wrote:
Since class skills apply after ship bonuses(including augs), then getting RoF from class skills does not inherently make RoF from augs weaker.
It can still kill your energy, but that's not a very big efficiency loss unless you go for sustained damage.

Example: A speed demon with 120% RoF bonus from class skills and 100% from augs(after AT) will get 100%*2.2*2=440% RoF, not 100%*(1+1.2+1)=320%.

WTF crazy kind of math is this? 100%*anything = anything. 100% = 1.

And I don't know what the obsession is with saying certain bonuses are applied "after" others. They're multiplicative. You can multiply them in any order. The only thing you can't do is add them.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:20 am

I included the base amounts. I'm aware that it's not necessary and did it for clarity.
It being multiplicative is essentially what I said, so good job saying I'm wrong and then stating the same thing I did.

Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:36 am
over 9000!

Xonok2 wrote:
I included the base amounts. I'm aware that it's not necessary and did it for clarity.
It being multiplicative is essentially what I said, so good job saying I'm wrong and then stating the same thing I did.

Good job saying the correct thing in a confusing way, then. So much for clarity :lol:

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:39 am

Is it the mixed use of percentages and factors that confuses you? I personally don't like percentages, because I don't see how a divide-by-hundred sign helps anything.

Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:08 am
over 9000!

Xonok2 wrote:
class skills apply after ship bonuses

Can you explain what you mean by the word "after" in this snippet?

Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:31 am

That the order they are calculated is like this:
Ship stuff>skills>(final stats)

Due to how multiplication works, this is only one of the valid orders, but I base my understanding on the fact that static skill-based bonuses are never affected by other things. Examples of this: ZoFR and other zens, RC shield bonus, DD shield bonus, control and resistance skills.
I have no reason to assume that multiplicative stats are specifically handled in a different order, although in their case it doesn't matter anyway. Hence, I say that class skills (like other skills) apply after ship bonuses (including augmenters).

Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:50 am
over 9000!

Xonok2 wrote:
That the order they are calculated is like this:
Ship stuff>skills>(final stats)

Due to how multiplication works, this is only one of the valid orders, but I base my understanding on the fact that static skill-based bonuses are never affected by other things. Examples of this: ZoFR and other zens, RC shield bonus, DD shield bonus, control and resistance skills.
I have no reason to assume that multiplicative stats are specifically handled in a different order, although in their case it doesn't matter anyway. Hence, I say that class skills (like other skills) apply after ship bonuses (including augmenters).

I legitimately don't understand you. You acknowledge that multiplication can be performed in any order, and yet claim there's some reason to believe that the code of the game does it in this particular one. But by definition there's no way you can tell…

But there is an even bigger problem than this. Since it doesn't matter what order the game does it, why does it matter to talk about at all? In your first post, you say "Since class skills apply after ship bonuses…" as if that fact implies ANYTHING about anything. You are offering this supposed fact (again, there's no way to tell if it's true) as evidence for something else, even though you acknowledge that it would have no effect if the multiplication were performed the other way and that in fact you have no way of saying for sure if it is.

Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:04 am