Team: Eminence Front
Main: TranquilityZ
Level: 3471

Post WTB New Commod/Industrial System Guide
Paying well, 275+ilvl, experienced raid lead, has mic.

No really, implement an entirely new money making system with no guide or basis.
BONUS ROLL: No one else knows.
BONUS BONUS ROLL: Delete the old methods entirely.

Sat May 07, 2016 6:40 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Post Re: WTB New Commod/Industrial System Guide
Another bonus roll: may or may not work at all.

Sat May 07, 2016 6:41 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Lmao, why are ya'll complaining now? Isn't this the SS you love? The one where everything is hidden and needs to be discovered? Ya'll love the old days so much, well this is what the old days were like.

This is STILL even easier than the old days, because back then you wouldn't even be told it was being added.

Sat May 07, 2016 7:25 pm
Team: Eminence Back
Main: TranquilityX
Level: 1796

MasterTrader wrote:
Lmao, why are ya'll complaining now? Isn't this the SS you love? The one where everything is hidden and needs to be discovered? Ya'll love the old days so much, well this is what the old days were like.

This is STILL even easier than the old days, because back then you wouldn't even be told it was being added.

Honestly, if you are going to release a large change in the most standard way to make money such changes would be documented. Once the change has been made, the new solution or idea is implemented with some sort of "here is what we have added". "This is basically how it works".

I understand not feeding everyone with raw info to the best commods to sell/style... but a basic format would be nice. Currently I have found random additions throughout the game that are not in the notes and have no guide or documentation at all. This requires testing that not only is costly to begin with, it eats tons of time. I don't know if these things have half lifes, I have no idea what to sell or even where to start. I'll admit I am mentally crippled, but how the hell do you expect a new player to take advantage of such a system.

TranquilityX | TranquilityY | TranquilityZ | ForsakenX | ForsakenY | ForsakenZ | DreamX | DreamY | DreamZ | EternalX | EternalY | EternalZ | AltX | AltY | AltZ | BlackX | BlackY | BlackZ | GodX | GodY | GodZ |

Sat May 07, 2016 7:49 pm
Main: king kone
Level: 37

TranquilityX wrote:
but a basic format would be nice. Currently I have found random additions throughout the game that are not in the notes and have no guide or documentation at all. This requires testing that not only is costly to begin with, it eats tons of time. I don't know if these things have half lifes, I have no idea what to sell or even where to start. I'll admit I am mentally crippled, but how the hell do you expect a new player to take advantage of such a system.

The way Jeff outlined his thoughts over the years he has owned this game, he really likes the idea of logging into SS never knowing what he would find next and dislikes the idea of anything explained to you in hard stone. It takes away from the vast, never ending, mysterious universe he fell in love with. He also doesn't like main stories like the one he found in Star Control I and II.

The fun times include:

->Not properly documenting anything. See Astral Injection.

->Adding new content that befuddle people on principle, be it names or gameplay.

->Making missions and tutorials vague and not really informative, such as the mountains of mission text.

->Ensuring certain mechanics are hard to see what you did or did not do wrong, like augging your perma drones.

Sat May 07, 2016 8:16 pm

Don't worry guys, this entire system is pointless. You can still AI base y's.

Sat May 07, 2016 8:16 pm

carterstrain wrote:
TranquilityX wrote:
but a basic format would be nice. Currently I have found random additions throughout the game that are not in the notes and have no guide or documentation at all. This requires testing that not only is costly to begin with, it eats tons of time. I don't know if these things have half lifes, I have no idea what to sell or even where to start. I'll admit I am mentally crippled, but how the hell do you expect a new player to take advantage of such a system.

The way Jeff outlined his thoughts over the years he has owned this game, he really likes the idea of logging into SS never knowing what he would find next and dislikes the idea of anything explained to you in hard stone. It takes away from the vast, never ending, mysterious universe he fell in love with. He also doesn't like main stories like the one he found in Star Control I and II.

The fun times include:

->Not properly documenting anything. See Astral Injection.

->Adding new content that befuddle people on principle, be it names or gameplay.

->Making missions and tutorials vague and not really informative, such as the mountains of mission text.

->Ensuring certain mechanics are hard to see what you did or did not do wrong, like augging your perma drones.

Jeff? Logging in?

kek

TranquilityX | TranquilityY | TranquilityZ | ForsakenX | ForsakenY | ForsakenZ | DreamX | DreamY | DreamZ | EternalX | EternalY | EternalZ | AltX | AltY | AltZ | BlackX | BlackY | BlackZ | GodX | GodY | GodZ |

Sat May 07, 2016 8:54 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: SunDog60
Level: 6541

The system will be explained in a blog post, but it was delayed.

Sat May 07, 2016 9:00 pm
Main: king kone
Level: 37

SunDog60 wrote:
The system will be explained in a blog post, but it was delayed by a few decades.

Fixed

Sat May 07, 2016 9:03 pm

SunDog60 wrote:
The system will be explained in a blog post, but it was delayed.

So the entire last universe, they didn't have time to sit down and write out a few paragraphs?

Fuck that. Fuck excuses. Stop being shitty at communication with your PAYING PLAYERS and give us something fucking useful for once.

Sat May 07, 2016 9:06 pm

I honestly wouldn't have to many issues if I didn't have to pay. If this was a free pet project that we are participating in then sure, I can understand shit support and shit development.

But the fact we pay and get unbalanced, untested, exploitable content is just silly.

Sat May 07, 2016 9:35 pm
Main: urzaserra2
Level: 4871

The mission text isnt so much the amount is its just all a big wall, all other mmos have nicely formated and sectioned quest/mission descriptions with good use of font sizes, bold, color and arrangement.

Sat May 07, 2016 9:38 pm

urzaserra256 wrote:
The mission text isnt so much the amount is its just all a big wall, all other mmos have nicely formated and sectioned quest/mission descriptions with good use of font sizes, bold, color and arrangement.

What the fuck are you even talking about.

Sat May 07, 2016 9:42 pm

urzaserra256 wrote:

That requires effort :lol:

Sat May 07, 2016 9:51 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: The SI
Level: 2016

I can write up a more detailed guide if you guys want, but its pretty simply.

I'll give you the workflow for the girder line:
1)Extract metals
2)Use "Steel Foundry" to convert Metals to Steel Girders
3)Optional: Upgrade Steel Girders to Titanium Reinforced Girders or higher
4)Sell Girders to ai bases in wild space

There are some intricacies with different ai base types consuming different genres of commods in different amounts (matching their graphic) but the core system is pretty straightforward.

Hey, I'm Ryan! I've been playing Star Sonata since early 2005 and I've been involved with the development of the game since 2009. I do server and client programming mainly focusing on bug fixes, but I've also dabbled in creating a little bit of content too such as Captain Kidd.

Sat May 07, 2016 9:56 pm