Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Post Immediate dev response about game breaking bugs
^
wtb response. will trade sub money.

edit: empty planets, industrial commod system (no info), anni platforms/defenders, pvp in ef layer, station y's being sellable, random giant fucking suns that prevent APing or seeing anything in the galaxy, a total lack of any real response

Sat May 07, 2016 9:46 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: The SI
Level: 2016

Post Re: Immediate dev response about game breaking bugs
empty planets
Planet gen seems normal, some planets have no commods but that is nothing new and after scanning around a few minutes doesn't seem to be a trend.

industrial commod system
One of our devs is writing a blog post that will be coming up soon

pvp in ef layer
I haven't seen any bug reports on this, you'll have to elaborate

station y's being sellable
This will be changed shortly, but wasn't prioritized at the reset because Steel Girders will currently make a lot more money anyways. (There was a separate unforeseen issue that had to be fixed first)

random giant fucking suns that prevent APing or seeing anything in the galaxy
The red giant suns do seem a bit too common, we'll probably tone down the frequency for next uni if people don't like them. I did make sure to fix the code that keeps ai bases out of suns, though in the case of red giants the interference does mean that sometimes it'll still block ap to a base.

Hey, I'm Ryan! I've been playing Star Sonata since early 2005 and I've been involved with the development of the game since 2009. I do server and client programming mainly focusing on bug fixes, but I've also dabbled in creating a little bit of content too such as Captain Kidd.

Sat May 07, 2016 10:31 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Yes wayyy to many suns, pretty anoyying, also why are dg warps 5k+ apart?

Sat May 07, 2016 10:32 pm
Main: king kone
Level: 37

redalert150 wrote:
Yes wayyy to many suns, pretty anoyying, also why are dg warps 5k+ apart?

I would assume the admins didn't actually make Stars bigger, but rather increased the physical size limits of the entities in solar systems as well as the solar system itself, which as a byproduct means bigger stars. And that means the warps on the edges of the solar systems get even further apart.

Sat May 07, 2016 10:45 pm

Galaxies feel a lot larger. I'm seeing a lot of planets being 10k+ away from ai bases, which is annoying. 15k away from the wormhole/ai base? Okay thanks.

Sat May 07, 2016 10:56 pm

Look at Twain for empty planets, it's pretty weird for being a random generation.

Sat May 07, 2016 10:58 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

ELITE wrote:
Look at Twain for empty planets, it's pretty weird for being a random generation.

Scanned it with a Z scanner, 3 planets of 9 have nothing and 1 of 17 moons had nothing. Thats more than average empty on the planets, but isn't anything gamebreaking. We probably should make sure all planets have at least something on them going forward though, I agree its a little weird that there could be no extractable metals on an entire planet.

Hey, I'm Ryan! I've been playing Star Sonata since early 2005 and I've been involved with the development of the game since 2009. I do server and client programming mainly focusing on bug fixes, but I've also dabbled in creating a little bit of content too such as Captain Kidd.

Sat May 07, 2016 11:09 pm

Especially heavy gravity or even the new gas giant ones. Which by the way, why aren't those showing up as anything different in scans? If I hadn't read patch notes about some new planets that can have 5 slots, nothing in game would have shown that. Unless I accidentally tried to lay more than 4 kits on a heavy grav.

Sat May 07, 2016 11:14 pm

Also you didn't say anything about Annihilator Platforms being used this uni. As in, they were stored and carried over and used in PvP. What are your thoughts on that?

Sat May 07, 2016 11:23 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

ELITE wrote:
Especially heavy gravity or even the new gas giant ones. Which by the way, why aren't those showing up as anything different in scans? If I hadn't read patch notes about some new planets that can have 5 slots, nothing in game would have shown that. Unless I accidentally tried to lay more than 4 kits on a heavy grav.

Gas Giants are normal planets that are promoted to "gas giant" status by being a heavy grav gaseous planet. If its a heavy grav gaseous planet, it will always be significantly larger than normal heavy grav planets and have 5 slots. It would probably be worth it to add slot count to scan results to make this nice and clear.

I'm going to move this into Gen Discussion as its not a suggestion topic.

Sun May 08, 2016 12:20 am

ELITE wrote:
Also you didn't say anything about Annihilator Platforms being used this uni. As in, they were stored and carried over and used in PvP. What are your thoughts on that?

Sun May 08, 2016 12:45 am
Main: Evillous
Level: 4846

ELITE wrote:
ELITE wrote:

I actually agree with Lemon..
Alot of people anticipated that they would not decay on reset which is clever but it's also retarded. Especially when they're exploiting it!!!

And my guess you will do absolutely nothing about it correct?

Sun May 08, 2016 1:05 am

Gymjunkie1989 wrote:
ELITE wrote:
ELITE wrote:

Alot of people anticipated that they would not decay on reset which is clever but it's also retarded. Especially when they're exploiting it!!!

Judging by his selective hearing I'm guessing he isn't.

Sun May 08, 2016 1:07 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

ELITE wrote:
Galaxies feel a lot larger. I'm seeing a lot of planets being 10k+ away from ai bases, which is annoying. 15k away from the wormhole/ai base? Okay thanks.

This especially, planets are way further out and further apart. How are you going to directly nerf supply line efficiency without telling people?

Sun May 08, 2016 1:50 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Fleet General
Level: 3378

Gymjunkie1989 wrote:
ELITE wrote:
ELITE wrote:

Oh don't worry, I am sure yclept will make a statement about how it was an accident, then everything will be okay, right?.. Right?

Sun May 08, 2016 1:57 am