Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Post Make Biologique BvBable
Doesn't make a lot of sense to me that one of the most valuable systems in the game, if not the most valuable in the game, can be defended by just a few kits since people can't BvB it. So.... either move it to wildspace or put a galaxy adjacent to it that cannot be held for more than 72 hours, after which all the kits inside explode for real (to keep the team that owns Bio from just taking that galaxy as well), and cannot have bases from the team holding Bio in it unless it is currently owned by another team (that way if a team owns bio they can't just build in the adjacent galaxy, but they can counter BvB someone).

Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:03 pm
Main: king kone
Level: 37

Post Re: Make Biologique BvBable
You could build Luxurious and Entertainment Suites.

Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:13 pm

carterstrain wrote:
You could build Luxurious and Entertainment Suites.

I have no personal interest in it, it's just pretty obvious to me that a system that provides one of two methods for SM20, shouldn't be defensible with a skeleton compared to what people have to use to protect mediocre Wild Space galaxies.

Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:39 pm
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

I'd like to see gals like this be un-ownable

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:58 am

heylo wrote:

Then people would simply cover the place in untractorable kits and drones, kind of how Anatolia is done every claim.

The best solution here would be to move galaxies like this OUT of Perilous Space, and INTO Wild Space, with multiple warp entrances per contestable galaxy, instead of the bullshit one warp only thing that current goes on, making it laughable to defend such galaxies even if you could BVB then.

"I'm just going to bvb Emp Bio ... why the flipping fuck is there a 50 base galaxy in front of it?!?"

Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:12 am
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

carterstrain wrote:
heylo wrote:

Then people would simply cover the place in untractorable kits and drones, kind of how Anatolia is done every claim.

The best solution here would be to move galaxies like this OUT of Perilous Space, and INTO Wild Space, with multiple warp entrances per contestable galaxy, instead of the bullshit one warp only thing that current goes on, making it laughable to defend such galaxies even if you could BVB then.

"I'm just going to bvb Emp Bio ... why the flipping fuck is there a 50 base galaxy in front of it?!?"

If a gal isn't owned then all assets are tractorable...

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:23 am

heylo wrote:
If a gal isn't owned then all assets are tractorable...

Then why even bother contesting it? Tractor out unattached shit one at a time. Then blast the rest with ada kits. Whoever has more resources wins by attrition, not by strategy and tactics.

And then jokes on you: I'll just build those Suites and laugh as <no one> trades with Traders.

Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:43 am

heylo wrote:

I had that thought as well, and it's probably the best solution.

Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:58 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Leave it be ownable, just make an exception for this galaxy that removes the need for an outpost next to it for 24 hours.

The "need to be warred for 1 hour before BvB" clause should give enough warning. And if it doesn't, that system could do with improvement.

Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:08 pm

Bump? Since the recent RoF changes nerfed the hell out of PvBs and Bio is now basically uncontestable?

Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:21 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Make it ownable, move it to wild space, and force make it have like 10 different gates attached to it over a wide area. Do the same with Emp Bio, Emp Field, and XYZ. It's ludicrous that places like Emp Field and XYZ are dead ends.

For a prime example, SRX's HQ galaxy (afaik) is in front of XYZ. It's a bloody 80 base galaxy and at least a 3 jump march to SRX's border gals.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:43 pm

Max235 wrote:
Make it ownable, move it to wild space, and force make it have like 10 different gates attached to it over a wide area. Do the same with Emp Bio, Emp Field, and XYZ. It's ludicrous that places like Emp Field and XYZ are dead ends.

For a prime example, SRX's HQ galaxy (afaik) is in front of XYZ. It's a bloody 80 base galaxy and at least a 3 jump march to SRX's border gals.

I think that would be a problem though, I don't think you should be able to just own Bio and put it behind 9 other galaxies. XYZ is special for the Asteroids (if there is anyone that actually gives a shit about Cloud Merc anymore), which anyone can mine (even though XYZ is literally the least efficient way to get CM). Bio requires bases in the galaxy afaik to produce the commod. So the solution is simple, make it ownable in Perilous like it is. However, also make it so that it can be contested by BvB at any time. That way if someone builds a badass Bio, you're not going to take it from them, but the option is still available if you wanted to try.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:03 pm
Team: Commonwealth
Main: Fyuryus
Level: 3451

ELITE wrote:
Leave it be ownable, just make an exception for this galaxy that removes the need for an outpost next to it for 24 hours.

The "need to be warred for 1 hour before BvB" clause should give enough warning. And if it doesn't, that system could do with improvement.

Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:56 pm
Main: Almighty Pixel
Level: 4

May of been better to make a new topic. Lemon wont be responding to your quote anytime soon. I do agree its much harder now to take out bio. Making it un-ownable wont fix the issue as it would end up like Anatolia (opposite end of can't defend).

I don't mind the idea of moving it to Wild Space but I dunno what issues that would cause.

Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:28 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Higaran Leader
Level: 3209

I think moving it to wild space with multiple arms would be the best thing for it. I don't really see any issues with it being there. It only opens it up to being contestable instead of a "first come first serve" kind of deal for an important system like that.

Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:09 am
Profile WWW