Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Fleet General
Level: 3378

Post Re: anyone else dissapointed in No Man's Sky?
It's nothing new.

If anything it's just Space Engineers with the creature generator from Spore.

Sony marketed the fuck out of the game and made it appear to be something much more than it was or was ever planned to be. Shit they even said that it was being made by an "Indie Developer" to get more hype, despite the lead dev previously working for EA and then having Sony backing him... :lol:

Edit:

If you want a really cool sci-fi survival game, you should check out Subnautica.

The soundtrack is unreal and worth the $20 alone.

Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:59 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Why do people keep talking about sound tracks? Are you people high? Who plays games for music, they make music that you can just listen to at any time, it's called music.

Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:09 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Fleet General
Level: 3378

Music creates an atmosphere to the game and generates an added level of immersion, it's why they use it in game trailers and in the actual game itself.

Can you imagine a film without an underlying score? It'd be pretty dull.
Perfect example.

Perhaps you've just never noticed it, but it's a pretty big thing in game design. I have several friends who work as foley artists and music composers and it's amazing how much it can change a game or film once you add sound and music.

Edit:

Another good example of how music can change the atmosphere of a scene.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:17 am

Zeuss wrote:
Music creates an atmosphere to the game and generates an added level of immersion, it's why they use it in game trailers and in the actual game itself.

Can you imagine a film without an underlying score? It'd be pretty dull.
Perfect example.

Perhaps you've just never noticed it, but it's a pretty big thing in game design. I have several friends who work as foley artists and music composers and it's amazing how much it can change a game or film once you add sound and music.

Edit:

Another good example of how music can change the atmosphere of a scene.

Literally the first thing I do in any game is go into the settings and turn the music off, because I usually find it awful, or it interferes with the sound effects of the game. :mrgreen:

Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:42 am
Main: Almighty Pixel
Level: 4

ShawnMcCall wrote:
Why do people keep talking about sound tracks? Are you people high? Who plays games for music, they make music that you can just listen to at any time, it's called music.

Command and Conquer 95 music! :D

I'm a mechanical man!

Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:33 am
Team: Commonwealth
Main: Fyuryus
Level: 3451

Fyuryus wrote:
Still waiting for it to release to PC. Will reserve my judgment.

So I have about 35ish hours in the game so far. I didn't have many expectations starting the game mostly because a friend gifted the game to me, so I started the game not sure what to expect. The game has been fun, always something different to do, I like that it's play at your own pace. Different from most other game i've been playing. After I made upgrade to my ship and inventory the "Grind" that is supplying your equipment with constant fuel wasn't hard any more.

I couldn't help but feel it was empty or lacking features after a while. At the very least a lot of missed opportunities. Seems I was right to feel that way (https://m.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame ... ront_page/). Honestly, the game could of been released as a alpha. Enemies on land or in space have become very easy to kill after I acquired some upgrades, I practically melt through the enemy now. I thought the game was supposed to get harder as I progress?

With all that said I still find it fun and i'm going to continue playing but like I said I wouldn't advertise this as a completed game.

Last edited by Fyuryus on Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:33 pm

Fyuryus wrote:
Fyuryus wrote:
Still waiting for it to release to PC. Will reserve my judgment.

So I have about 35ish hours in the game so far. I didn't have many expectations starting the game mostly because a friend gifted the game to me, so I started the game not sure what to expect. The game has been fun, always something different to do, I like that it's play at your own pace. Different from most other game i've been playing. After I made upgrade to my ship and inventory the "Grind" that is supplying your equipment with constant fuel wasn't hard any more.

I couldn't help but feel it was empty or lacking features after a while. At the very least a lot of missed opportunities. Seems I was right to feel that way (https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGa ... _big_list/). Honestly, the game could of been released as a alpha. Enemies on land or in space have become very easy to kill after I acquired some upgrades, I practically melt through the enemy now. I thought the game was supposed to get harder as I progress?

With all that said I still find it fun and i'm going to continue playing but like I said I wouldn't advertise this as a completed game.

It's huge and procedurally generated so it isn't designed to become harder, if it does get harder it is due to a random compilation of factors that make it so.

Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:54 pm
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

I like NSM but they took the resource gathering a bit too far. Every single piece of equipment needs to be fed with resources and way too often, which just gets annoying.

It's not even a challenge to find these resources, you just need to spend the time mining them.

The game also gets old too fast, every planet is pretty much the same so you dont actually get to discover anything new.

Im still having fun with it though and will continue to play it but it's not something I would spend a 100 hours or more playing.

Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:03 am