Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: urzaserra2
Level: 4871

Post Re: new universe generation feature: Resource Explosion Pass
Id like to see the scan results of what you consider a "worthless" galaxy and one considered "good". We all are just talking past each other without hard evidence t back up opinions.

Think the issue is much different ideas on what a "worthless" and "good" galaxies are.

Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:42 pm
Team: Resident Evil
Main: Kaguya
Level: 3248

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:59 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Seems a bad example of a shit gal, apart from more bits/bunches chucked in as spam on top cos of the patch.
What's wrong with it?

Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:06 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Eminence Front
Main: goofy
Level: 4340

i am unsure how to post the scan sheets i have , but it clearly is a drastic drop in all commods t0 through t3 . i compared the df 120 last n this uni , and the df 200+ scans i have . there is no comparison . almost to the point of closing out and taking a break from subbing till it is fixed .

Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:41 pm
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

That gal has has 13 good colony planets and for that reason, you could be happy about them having low nukes and stuff. That's like 350b at least. Gal also has ada. If this is a crap gal in today's standards, you kids are spoiled.

Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:11 pm

Ya if only one could make a prod.

Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:12 pm
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

That gal has enough nuke and silicon sustain to supply all colonies. I don't know about oats and baobabs but having gals without any of those has never ever been sure. I've had unis where my longest baob hauling to some colos was from 8j away.

Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:31 pm
Team: The Dividing Contrast
Main: The Ultimatum
Level: 282

Blizz the point isn't regarding colonies or T2+ commods its T0 commods being incredibly scarce for making kits to produce items, Particularly since the vast majority of newer bps need a large amount of ICs/metals, pps items in particular

Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:48 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Antilzah wrote:
That gal has has 13 good colony planets and for that reason, you could be happy about them having low nukes and stuff. That's like 350b at least. Gal also has ada. If this is a crap gal in today's standards, you kids are spoiled.

This. Who says you should be able to make a prod in each and every gal? Collaborate with your teammates and make one nice prod someplace that is suitable for it.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:21 pm
Main: Almighty Pixel
Level: 4

KonanCruss2 wrote:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KqAv6yrsB_jAAgkNTeVEzPZcOKLTEghPUA4TvZ4aqEk/edit?usp=sharing

Maybe this one is poopyer? http://scan2.markoz.net/view?gal=Newton

Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:58 pm
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3234

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
KonanCruss2 wrote:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KqAv6yrsB_jAAgkNTeVEzPZcOKLTEghPUA4TvZ4aqEk/edit?usp=sharing

Uh... What the hell are you smoking right now? Back when I was building (before Traders turned me off the idea for good) this gal would have pure sex for me. And you say this is a shit gal?!

Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:57 pm
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

thecrazygamemaster wrote:
KonanCruss2 wrote:

Uh... What the hell are you smoking right now? Back when I was building (before Traders turned me off the idea for good) this gal would have pure sex for me. And you say this is a shit gal?!

I don't think anyone is realizing what Chishudo wants in a galaxy. For what he wants, that is actually a shit galaxy. Chishudo wants tons of Plenty/Loads of Metals, Nukes, and Silicon. He highlighted them specifically. That galaxy has shit in terms of those three commods.

It looks okay for colony builders, people who are looking for T1+ commods (6 bases worth of ada?!?, plus some diamonds AND a rubicite source?!?), and those looking to diversify their building (aka noobville).

It looks bad if you're trying to establish a heavy duty production site. My guess is that RE needs massive amounts of Metals/Nukes/Silicon for whatever large scale crafting needed to supply the team. That gal...is bad, for that goal.

Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:15 pm

That is the best galaxy you can get T0 wise for such a DF from my scans, and the T0's are beyond thrash tier lvl. This topic is not about "can you make colonies or not" it is about how stupidly bad the T0's are in low DF galaxies, the only thing that makes this gal better then the others is that is has alot of baseslots.

You would have sex with this galaxy? Probably people who do colonies would like it. But for people that do industry and don't want to go AFK after 1 month in a uni, this gal is beyond thrash. Your standards for a galaxy are so low, since in the previous 5 uni's you could take any galaxy and you would have 80% chance to get a better galaxy. Maybe it's better that you quit because of enkelin, and not about the low standards.

Markoz, my scan is the best in a radius of 5-6 galaxies, the others in the range of 5-6 galaxies are the same like the galaxy you posted but with smidgen-little of the T0's on less planets. Maybe compare your best galaxy in a radius of 5-6 galaxies to this one, and maybe then we'll have a thing to compare with.

What has not been mentioned in the spreadsheet is that in the radius of 3-4 galaxies, no Space Oats at all, you could probably run the shittiest prod this uni; congratz for being end game and still run the worst prod this uni, better build in EF, because I'm actually sure you can run a better prod there.

At this point, there is already very low amount of reason to actually sub your accounts, and now it gets smashed even more. You want more costumers, but let's tell the current costumers to fuck off - enkelin 2016.

Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:23 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

I see you didnt explain your results. Yes that would be bad if that was the only viable galaxy in a 5-6 radius, id be looking for 3 of those. Whats Pappa Cheb Neggit's (tbbt) Gal like and how many hops from that?

Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:42 am
Profile WWW
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

I've already said I'm open to spreading the wealth a bit in the center next uni. My main position in this thread has been to call people on inconsistencies, such as building to a very expensive standard and then complaining about ROI, or misinterpreting the mechanics and purpose of the Resource Explosion Pass.

Sure, with enough testing we could have possibly noticed that getting rid of empty- and near-empty gals would cause the uni's resources to be spread more thinly. Apparently no one on the dev team was familiar enough with the uni generation code to think of this issue when I originally proposed that we add more planets. To me, this kind of thing is very hard to test in the sense that you kind of have to know what you're looking for in order to find it. The kind of testing we did was to generate a uni with the new shape and DF dropoff, and check a few random samples of galaxies to make sure everything looked all right. We had no reason to believe there would be a change in resource density, and frankly it's been so long since any endgame player built in low DF we didn't even know what to expect there.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:45 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next