Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: SS Nostalgia
I remember being f2p in a HR+ with Mag 2 and DPSing a Monochrome Hue DG boss for about 20 minutes before I killed it. :lol:

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:57 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Scyron
Level: 8163

Calypso and me doing Bana with stealthy Pax Astronomica. (Voom keeps reminding me of this one.)

Seeing DWO in an App Ward, as one of the first Shield Monkeys. Until then, nobody (I say nobody, but I'm sure others had tried it without me knowing) had seen the benefit of a "healer". And of course, people later using Adonis gear in their App Wards.

Sitting on a sun in a Serenity with OHL, shooting Chromatichromes that had no 3d-weapon. Spent soo many hours doing this.

The old class system, of course, where you could be a Sniper or a CA. Not both.

Oh, right, building stealth colonies so Tobal couldn't find them and stop emp attempts. Well it didn't stop him, but at least delayed him.

On the theme of colonies - german engineering student Tschugmasta being one of the first to fully utilize colonies, teaching me how to make 4b/day. (Who, if not a german engineer?)

Capitalists killing Tobal's 6 Poseidon auged base in Free Market. That was a lengthy kill.

On the theme of the Tobal and other solo PvP terrorists (in our view, of course) - Tizzaroo, the scariest PvPer I've ever come across.

Athena, 2 Ares, Zeus on a Shrimp, of course.

Athena, 2 Ares, Zeus and something else on Calypso's (or was it Cru!se's?) FWing, of course.

Oh, and of course one of my fondest memories is manually buying commods at one AI station and selling at a different one, for some "quick" cash. Felt surprisingly rewarding.

Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:15 am
Profile WWW
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Scyron wrote:
Athena, 2 Ares, Zeus and something else on Calypso's (or was it Cru!se's?) FWing, of course.

I bet it was a Minor Damage aug.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:27 am
Main: Spatzz
Level: 3104

One of my favorite times in SS was when I was first starting and, prior to finding out it was broken, decided Fleet Commander was the class for me in 2009.

I used my first billion and change I got from WingshipIII+ capping in Liberty, which was also also amazing since the most credits I had previous to that was maybe 100m, tonequip myself with 3 EFF, some capital fighter bays and Dachshunds. From there I roamed Peril fighting through thick and thin (never DGed) and found cool loot to upgrade myself with like Undershirts, CALCs and the powerful Plasmite Laser!

I was roaming through Peril one day and was jumped by a few GBs. Thus stranded I began to wait for my Undershirt equipped ship to turn yellow trying to madly figure out how I was going to get out of this situation (no tows at this time). Suddenly a Pax Astronomica with 2 Pax Selens in tow pop out of the nearest wormhole and start trashing the local GBs with an Emp Ray (this is when they were worth 300b and credits meant something, most teams did not even have one) and Pax Selens MFing Giga Neuts.

That was my goal from that point forward, get Selens and MF Giga Neuts. It took me weeks of getting more powerful, capping Basils in Psyotic Corps' middle north Wild Space territory where we had 5 lvl 1 DGs of them and then doing those horrible trader missions in an M3 getting blown up in Peril but I finally got them.

Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:52 pm
Team: MELANIA TRUMP
Main: Renegonz
Level: 1963

Capping infernos and selling them to Glass Matrix for quick $$ :D

Whole team required to do bana

Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:55 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Fleet General
Level: 3378

iamswingarm wrote:
This was somewhere around mid to late 2005. Marking AI in my Fwing so Pantalones bases would kill them and I would scoop up the loot.

Hilariously, a memory I have of you is this exact same scenario; I was hunting slumbers and clefts in pants space for levels and commods, then out pops swingarm telling me to go somewhere else because these are his AI, and promptly marks them all causing the bases to spew out lasers every direction like a fucking daft punk concert.

TehGeneral with his F2P alt, The Spock Mobile 4000 killing my level 70 self. I think it was a 4 inferno, 1 artemis augged Hotrod+ with a medium laser.

My first encounter after leaving the preload area was with Tobal, telling me to shoot him to test his shields for some credits. Insta-popped me and flew away laughing, then a guy named FallenSeraph helped deck me out in a Wingship2 with a HotFusion, a MagCannon and a couple of random augs.

Droners being as OP as current FC.
Getting 12 pickpockets / arsons / fatty drones and chewing through any AI in your way. Hell even 12 omega drones would take down a Space Blue Gamma in a time where people were using a Wingship IV with a Mzungu Armorite and an incinerator to kite and kill them.

Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:09 am
Main: iamswingarm
Level: 5447

Zeuss wrote:
iamswingarm wrote:
This was somewhere around mid to late 2005. Marking AI in my Fwing so Pantalones bases would kill them and I would scoop up the loot.

Hilariously, a memory I have of you is this exact same scenario; I was hunting slumbers and clefts in pants space for levels and commods, then out pops swingarm telling me to go somewhere else because these are his AI, and promptly marks them all causing the bases to spew out lasers every direction like a fucking daft punk concert.

TehGeneral with his F2P alt, The Spock Mobile 4000 killing my level 70 self. I think it was a 4 inferno, 1 artemis augged Hotrod+ with a medium laser.

My first encounter after leaving the preload area was with Tobal, telling me to shoot him to test his shields for some credits. Insta-popped me and flew away laughing, then a guy named FallenSeraph helped deck me out in a Wingship2 with a HotFusion, a MagCannon and a couple of random augs.

Getting 12 pickpockets / arsons / fatty drones and chewing through any AI in your way. Hell even 12 omega drones would take down a Space Blue Gamma in a time where people were using a Wingship IV with a Mzungu Armorite and an incinerator to kite and kill them.

Hehe, thanks for sharing that. I've forgotten alot of stuff from playing on SS and that does sound like me.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:31 am
Team: Admins
Main: The Voomy One
Level: 1337

Quote:
Calypso and me doing Bana with stealthy Pax Astronomica. (Voom keeps reminding me of this one.)

That was awesome, Caly and Scyron got both me and Tarikn2 weaponry 20 that day ^^

Other fun things:

Leveling on Gammas with a Wingship IV and immolation, doubt anyone uses that weapon anymore but for a while it was actually pretty effective.

Tobal placing the emp palace at the boss level of a DG and we all defended it at the first level, impossible to destroy it ^^

Being able to use any aug on any ship, OP but fun.

2 ares 1 zeus Porp, awesome! Or you could be a bit crazy and go 2 zeus 1 ares.

Tobal entering a councourse wormhole first of all players and thinking it would be something really cool but it turned out to just be a juxtaposition.

Working my ass off to get enough money for a Faranji energy 7 and a cloud flow, that was pretty much the best energy and the best engine at the time.

Running away from Infernos as a F2P and actually being afraid of getting killed ^^

Roaming Izers being strong enough to actually kill bases and roaming Sputty Nutty (was that his name?) being able to wipe out entire teams.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:46 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Fleet General
Level: 3378

The Voomy One wrote:

Roaming Izers being strong enough to actually kill bases and roaming Sputty Nutty (was that his name?) being able to wipe out entire teams.

Also roaming Speedy Gonzales was able to bring down an Ambro base.
I once watched him take on an Anda base and nearly win too, the owner was praying he'd stay in range for the pulse to hit but the base kept running out of energy.

Another memory:
Dropping classic orb drones (Abstructor) to level off Gamma's.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:14 pm
Main: Dark Phantom
Level: 4762

iamswingarm wrote:
Zeuss wrote:
iamswingarm wrote:

Hehe, thanks for sharing that. I've forgotten alot of stuff from playing on SS and that does sound like me.

Swingarm used to be mean ಠ_ಠ

Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:26 am
Main: anubus2112
Level: 3375

Antilzah wrote:
I remember when a player killed me for the first time. He was lv20 in hotrod+ with bule insanity. It motivated me to git gud and make my own hotrod+ with bule insanity.

Might have been me :) lol

I think I need a bigger thatch

Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:38 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Team: Merchant Waffen Division
Main: Schuldiner
Level: 3912

In C1, there was not pvp, there was Terrorism lol.

Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:25 am
Main: Renaissance
Level: 0

Team creation, forming an empire, experiencing a real geopolitical atmosphere and moulding it with my action. The social dynamics and friends I made.

Core / Red Faction.

The reoccuring war and rivalry with Zephyr. The ultimate love/hate relationship.

Fond memories of NOBODY and Mercenaries. Learning how to pvp and in general be a prick. Good times. GREAT TIMES. Woe to bring back the times of no pressure/work or commitments and sit perfecting my galaxy after a uni reset for 10 hours.

Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:51 am
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

Sam?

Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:29 pm
Main: Renaissance
Level: 0

Pontius123 wrote:
Sam?

Ello.

Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:02 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next