Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Post Small announcement
For Ancalagon (BNF), I've increased the droprate to 33% up from 20% (was 25% but it was nerfed because we implemented the weekly lockout system, which meant this uber was available more often). I've also added some Perilous Space DG drops so that you atleast get something if you don't get RNF loot.

For the Bana King DG, I've decreased the droprate to 33% down from 100%. I have no idea why the dev that created this DG uber thought it was a good idea to have it drop a piece of gear everytime it was killed but the current devteam agreed this shouldn't be the case. For this boss I've added some Kalthi Depths DG drops and it now also uses the weekly lockout system.

Bobbo was so kind to upload the changes I've made to Ancalagon and the Bana King DG, so the Bana King DG is now available to the players again. If he didn't then we would've had to wait until next universe since these bosses aren't instanced so thanks Bobbo!

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:26 am
Team: Fireflies
Main: The White Wizard
Level: 4276

Post Re: Small announcement
DarkSteel wrote:
For Ancalagon (BNF), I've increased the droprate to 33% up from 20% (was 25% but it was nerfed because we implemented the weekly lockout system, which meant this uber was available more often). I've also added some Perilous Space DG drops so that you atleast get something if you don't get RNF loot.

For the Bana King DG, I've decreased the droprate to 33% down from 100%. I have no idea why the dev that created this DG uber thought it was a good idea to have it drop a piece of gear everytime it was killed but the current devteam agreed this shouldn't be the case. For this boss I've added some Kalthi Depths DG drops and it now also uses the weekly lockout system.

Bobbo was so kind to upload the changes I've made to Ancalagon and the Bana King DG, so the Bana King DG is now available to the players again. If he didn't then we would've had to wait until next universe since these bosses aren't instanced so thanks Bobbo!

Oh you fucking dick, right before I was about to do it

Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:53 am
Contributor

The dg Bana king was locked so you wouldn't have been able to anyway :P

Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:23 am

So that's just one weekly boss less to do for me

Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:58 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

the white wizard wrote:
So that's just one weekly boss less to do for me

Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:04 pm
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

The problem with droprates of 20% and 33% is in Star Sonata terms, it's more like 1%.

Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:36 am
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Masterful
Level: 6877

DarkSteel wrote:

The DG version of the Bana King, in it's previous iteration, was in a randomised DG and was also significantly harder than the roamer. As far as I know no other team except RE managed to kill it, and there were 2 unis I remember where we literally ended up going the rest of the uni being unable to kill it (think double shield or double RoF boss room aura before it was nerfed).

The DG version also didn't drop the BP.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:07 am
Contributor

It is still random, it just randomed in a really weird spot this uni :P I haven't touched the script or the gear it uses so the difficulty should be the exact same. I cant really say anything about the BP not dropping in previous universes, but the DG version had the exact same droprates as the roamer before I changed them. It now has a third of the chance for a piece of gear from the roamer (just like RNF vs BNF) and half the chance for the ship blueprint (since that one was already pretty low).

I imagine it is easier now because his guards are weak, though.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:52 am

DarkSteel wrote:
It is still random, it just randomed in a really weird spot this uni :P I haven't touched the script or the gear it uses so the difficulty should be the exact same. I cant really say anything about the BP not dropping in previous universes, but the DG version had the exact same droprates as the roamer before I changed them. It now has a third of the chance for a piece of gear from the roamer (just like RNF vs BNF) and half the chance for the ship blueprint (since that one was already pretty low).

I imagine it is easier now because his guards are weak, though.

The boss is definitely significantly easier now. Can easily 6man it whereas before you literally needed atleast 15 characters.

It was hardcoded to be at or above a certain DF, and it seems changing the layers screwed with that slightly.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:58 pm
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

Tomzta09 wrote:
The problem with droprates of 20% and 33% is in Star Sonata terms, it's more like 1%.

A 20% droprate may actually be 1-2% because of how the total system works. RNF (BNF) has like 7 pieces of gear? Each piece supposedly shares the same 20% odd droprate, so the effective droprate of the one gear you are looking for is about 2.85%.

Of course, measured over the many times your group does the raid, your chances of getting the specific item goes up and up. But, also, if anyone else is looking for the item, the chance goes back down much faster.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:21 pm

Pontius123 wrote:
Of course, measured over the many times your group does the raid, your chances of getting the specific item goes up and up. But, also, if anyone else is looking for the item, the chance goes back down much faster.

That's not how probability works.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:24 pm
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

Masterful wrote:
Pontius123 wrote:

That's not how probability works.

Yes it is.

The probability of getting at least one event is formulated at 1-((%)^N).

If you have a 30% of getting an item, and you do the raid 10 times, you have a 0.9999940951 (basically 100%) chance of getting that item at least once.

Considering the "item" is a prize pool of 10 items and you're looking for a specific item in that pool, doing 100 raids will net you 100% chance of getting that specific item inside the prize pool of 10 items at least one time.

At least two confuses the fuck out of me. I need Enkelin. All I know is the vague expression that if you need two items, it's definitely going to take more chances than to get exactly one item.

Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:27 am
Contributor

You can stop with the weird math. The boss has a 33% chance to drop an litem from its treasurelist, and all the items in its treasure list have the same amount of chance to drop. Additionally to those drops, the bana king has a 5% droprate on its ship BP.

@Masterul, I am curious how that happened. Can you explain in what manner he used to be more difficult? You can PM me if you prefer.

Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:32 am

So far 7 bnf kills in a row and the only thing that dropped was nightfury burst crate. 33% drop chance for an item yes sounds about right. Actually I didn't have any loots from bnf since july

Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:59 am
Contributor

the white wizard wrote:
So far 7 bnf kills in a row and the only thing that dropped was nightfury burst crate. 33% drop chance for an item yes sounds about right. Actually I didn't have any loots from bnf since july

That's just unlucky, not broken. 7 isn't a very large of a number to start basing droprate facts on. On average you should've only gotten 2 drops since this last change went in, only 1 before it.

Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:59 am