Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Post Fighter Revamp: An opportunity for Feedback.
So, in the interest of transparency and communication with the playerbase, I'm informing you all that the Fighter Revamp I am working on is far enough along for preliminary testing. If you are interested in lending your thoughts to the process, please log into the test.starsonata.com server and take your character to Beta Antares on the server.

The AI base has Fighter Bays and Fighters on it ready for you to test, if you post feedback please be sure to specify exact which fighter you are talking about.

Just as a heads up, not everything is done. At present, the intent is not for you to be able to launch 12 of the 1 slot fighters/6 of the 2 slot fighters/3 of the 4 slot fighters. The intent is for you to launch 4 of the 1 slot fighters/2 of the 2 slot fighters/1 of the 4 slot fighters. When I have finished working on Fighter Bays and Fighter Generators I will make sure that they are promptly added to the Test Server and the playerbase is informed so that they can provide player feedback.

Here are the fighters you will be able to find, as well the rough numbers that I was working with when I reworked the fighters:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Keep these things in mind:
* The test server the Augmenter changes on it, so the strength of your ship, your bots and AI will be out of wack.
* Fighter bays have not been adjusted, and Fighter generators have not been added yet.
*None of these stats are finalized, they need to go through QA by our development team. They have, however, signed off on this first iteration in order to get some field test to inform whatever changes may need to happen.

Alright, get out there and start testing! :)

Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:23 am
Main: P S S Metal
Level: 5363

Post Re: Fighter Revamp: An opportunity for Feedback.
I tested a few things out with my gunner and using both current fighters and mk1 fighters. It appears that the information on the spreadsheet are not correct, twisted striker does a lot more damage than pax cosmos. If the intent is really to launch 1 four slot fighter, at the very least pax cosmos will get heavily nerfed for any slow target. Six current pax cosmo fighters outdamage 1 mk1 pax cosmo by at least double.

Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:21 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Horacio
Level: 5465

Does the Agammnenon (SP) fighters apply to GB/Wild GB's?

You're free to call me Nath if you wish :)

Janussi/Horacio/Jenkins/Hutchinson/Quillan

Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:15 am
Contributor

Janussi - None of these fighters affect the current fighters that AI use.

P S S Metal - how much of a difference are we talking? The Twisted Striker, by the way, does laser damage while the Cosmologica does surgical damage. Yes, it does less damage than 6 Cosmologica's currently, that's because Cosmologica's currently do about 2k DPS (Hard to figure it out exactly since they use pulses and they start firing them from really far away and stack them up for huge alpha strike damage) and when you fire 6 of them you're getting 12k DPS base.

Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:34 pm

Twisted Striker can kill the Normal Test Target (100k) shields in 11 seconds, Pax Cosmo mk1 takes 28-34 seconds to kill it. By comparison, the Pax Cosmo (current) can kill it in ~31 seconds.

Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:25 pm

After changing my gunner to fc (and using the t20 rof aura), it took 6 seconds for the striker to kill, 14 for Pax Cosmo mk1, 27 for Pax Cosmo (current) and 13 for Zarkar'ayu mk1. Panther Kitten Mk1 and Paxian Peacemaker mk1 took 11 seconds, Death of First Born mk1 took 16 seconds Pax Pacifier mk1 took ~17 seconds (including it's travel time). The t19 bana fighter outdamaged the t20 bana fighter (both are heavy fighters according to the spread sheet). Space Blue Deltas are really sad - it took 61 seconds, the other two fighters that are supposed to have identical damage stats are the juju fighter (16 seconds), alien krill(48 seconds) and the krill (50 seconds). I don't believe the values in the spreadsheet are correct. None of these fighters appears to be any stronger shield wise - a single red photon missile salvo (50k damage) can easily kill any fighter I tested so far before the fires take effect. Can the numbers please be reworked as so the higher end fighters are actually buffed?

The locust fighter (28 seconds), Space Blue Alpha Mk2 (70 seconds) and the Suqqa Uj'qii fighter (55 seconds) can all use a laser, they do not shoot half the time because of it drifting backwards. Lice (52 seconds) takes forever to split, it's outdamaged by the Rabbit Hunter (36 seconds), both are heavy fighters, but Lice are higher tech. Also the aura fighters (peacemaker, cerb, delta and one of the bana fighters) are all limited for fighter swarms will no longer exist.

Amusingly enough, panther kittens slightly outdamage honey strikers and only lose to twisted strikers+honey strikers or a panther kitten (using current bay capacity - 14).

Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:48 pm
Contributor

Thanks for the feedback.

Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:54 pm
Contributor

I took everyone's feedback, both here and in Discord, back to the Nerf Lords and they have agreed to allow you to retain your Fighter Bay slots. Fighters will still cost a ton of electricity, and remain very high DPE, but you will continue to be allowed to use Fighter Swarms. There will be more Quality of Life additions and adjustments made for Fighters in the future, so REJOICE my Fleet Commander compatriots.

You have won. These new fighters I've designed will still come from Generators btw.

Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:20 pm
Main: Chrono Warrior
Level: 5817

MasterTrader wrote:
I took everyone's feedback, both here and in Discord, back to the Nerf Lords and they have agreed to allow you to retain your Fighter Bay slots. Fighters will still cost a ton of electricity, and remain very high DPE, but you will continue to be allowed to use Fighter Swarms. There will be more Quality of Life additions and adjustments made for Fighters in the future, so REJOICE my Fleet Commander compatriots.

You have won. These new fighters I've designed will still come from Generators btw.

Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:27 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: FallenTemplar
Level: 9221

This is something I have wanted to see for a very long time. Great work :)

Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:27 am
Main: Horacio
Level: 5465

In regards to the energy usage is it possible we can make fighters warp alongside main ship/stay out the maximum duration?

You're free to call me Nath if you wish :)

Janussi/Horacio/Jenkins/Hutchinson/Quillan

Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:19 pm

I see potential issues with slaves. Can it be that they only launch fighters if the main ship launches them first, like gunner`s DB? Otherwise they will drain all of their energy on random stuff like big greens.

Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:48 pm
Contributor

Will be working with the programmers to try to make sure the fighters act like Bots until their timer runs out, meaning they will follow you through galaxies etc.

Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:18 pm
Main: Talvanen
Level: 4470

Holy shit fighters are finally going to get fixed :shock:

Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:55 pm
Team: iwnh
Main: iwnh015
Level: 1506

Talvanen wrote:
Holy shit fighters are finally going to get fixed :shock:

No u

Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:12 pm